PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking at my shop tonight!!!

DeckerEnt
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
I will be down here after 9:00 to build a dvd holder. It is for my daughter's tv. The tv is thin on top so I am going to make a shelf from a piece of plywood and 2 pieces of 2x4 cut at an angle to rest on the back side of the tv. Then I will paint the shelf black. If anyone wants to stop by and watch, BS or have a beverage, you all are more than welcome.
Keith

DeckerEnt
04-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Well, no one showed up last night so that means I actually got the shelf built, sanded, and painted. Drying paint sucks because it was almost 1:00 am when I left. I put my circular saw and miter saw back in my truck, turned off the lights locked the door and got in my truck to go home. Just then a Ft Wright officer pulled into Dickmans. I made the right turn to head home and as I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw it. Blues!!! The flashing headlights the strobe blue lights, does anyone else get that sinking feeling like all the fluid in your body just drops to your feet? Well I pull over, turn my interior light on, and put both hands on the wheel. Here he comes, shining that flashlight all over the bed of my truck and then right in my face. He said, Morning, Keith? I said yes officer. He said Just making sure you were ligit. Have a good one and left.
I have to commend the Ft Wright police for watching out for my business. If It was some scum bag who just stole a bunch of stuff from my shop, they would have gotten busted before they got 100 yards.
Keith

MrsAPE
04-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Aw now, that's nice! Glad it wasn't what I thought it was.

DeckerEnt
04-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Me too. Concidering the bag of empty keystones down here, I am happy I didn't drink that night. I figured that with working with a circular saw and a miter saw, beers and sharp pointy teeth spinning inches from my fingers was not a good mix.
Keith

MrsAPE
04-23-2008, 02:04 PM
^Smart man!

DeckerEnt
04-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I have never been accused of that LOL.
Keith

SVT Fan
04-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I thought for sure you was going to tell us about a DUI. Sharp stuff and beer dont mix to well glad to hear your hand's are still in one piece,and you can still drive. By the way I think we all get that sinking feeling you mentioned! LOL