PDA

View Full Version : ? about personlized plates

NaomiDstangLvr
04-22-2008, 05:47 AM
Thinking about getting personalized plates for the mustang. Now I've heard people say that if you have a personalized plate, your more likely to get pulled over, is this true?

ponymom05
04-22-2008, 06:10 AM
No, I get pulled over for simply driving way too fast. I've never gotten pulled over for no reason in the stang. And I have personalized plates.

jdubya
04-22-2008, 06:27 AM
I've had personalized plates for 10 years and never been pulled over (for them).

I even had a Euro plate on my TT that said FUK UR M3 and was never pulled over. lol

stangirl
04-22-2008, 06:56 AM
you can't get pulled over just for your plates you have to be doing something wrong

02mingryGT
04-22-2008, 08:21 AM
No, I get pulled over for simply driving way too fast. I've never gotten pulled over for no reason in the stang. And I have personalized plates.

:lol: +2 never been pulled over for the plates. Don't have them now but will probably get these next year:

U BASTRD

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-22-2008, 09:08 AM
I was wondering myself if subconsciously you may attract more attention w/ personalized plates rather than the standard. I don't really know...jury is still out.....my car already has one ticket...but only had the 30 day tags on. lol

Well, personally, I have two things working against me.......big bright ORANGE and personalized plates.....I'm gonna have a hard time telling the cop.."No it wasn't lil ole me doing that burnout officer!"

How many other 04 Oranage Cobra's say SVT GIRL on them?? :dork:

plattner01
04-22-2008, 12:04 PM
:bigthumbjust get the plates.
and stop worring if the cops are coming for you. And if the cops are coming for you they going to get you no matter what, so get a cool name plate and enjoy.

p.s. 1badgt is already taken:eek:

cobrajoe
04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Me and the "Red Baron" have not been bothered, but I've only had my car for about 9 months now. I was bothered my in my 89' Vert than the 06' so far! Of course I don't drive as crazy as I use to either!

NaomiDstangLvr
04-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I've had personalized plates for 10 years and never been pulled over (for them).

I even had a Euro plate on my TT that said FUK UR M3 and was never pulled over. lol

FUK UR M3?!? Lol, I love M3's! ;)

NaomiDstangLvr
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
you can't get pulled over just for your plates you have to be doing something wrong

I know that, but I figured the cops would keep a closer eye on you, especially if your plates say something to the fact, "hey look at me I got a faster car than you", lol!

NaomiDstangLvr
04-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I was wondering myself if subconsciously you may attract more attention w/ personalized plates rather than the standard. I don't really know...jury is still out.....my car already has one ticket...but only had the 30 day tags on. lol

Well, personally, I have two things working against me.......big bright ORANGE and personalized plates.....I'm gonna have a hard time telling the cop.."No it wasn't lil ole me doing that burnout officer!"

Oh yeah, your screwed! :lol: But I might be too once our Stang is finished and painted, we're going for an orange also! ;)

347sc
04-22-2008, 01:47 PM

Just keep it under 100 and you will be fine.

I had them for 9 years no problems

05yellowgt
04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
I have never been pulled over for my plates, nor gotten a ticket in the stang. One funny thing about my plates is that the officer NEVER gets it right the first time. My plate reads B05S 3O2. It looks just like boss 302 from far away but actually reads B zero five S three letter o two.

The first time I got pulled over it was because of license plate light out and the sheriff deputy had to walk back up to the car and ask me what my plate was three times.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
My plates on the Mustang read "EVIL SSP". Only once have i had a police officer comment on them and i was at a gas station. He asked if SSP stood for what he thought it did and i said yeah and we talked about it for about a half hour...it was pretty cool. I actually haven't been pulled over since i got the new plates, they've been on for 2 years this coming October.

cobrajoe
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Me and the "Red Baron" have not been bothered, but I've only had my car for about 9 months now. I was bothered more in my 89' Vert than the 06' so far! Of course I don't drive as crazy as I use to either!

Damn where did I learn to type!:rolleyes:

NaomiDstangLvr
04-22-2008, 03:03 PM
My plates on the Mustang read "EVIL SSP". Only once have i had a police officer comment on them and i was at a gas station. He asked if SSP stood for what he thought it did and i said yeah and we talked about it for about a half hour...it was pretty cool. I actually haven't been pulled over since i got the new plates, they've been on for 2 years this coming October.

Thats pretty cool!

NaomiDstangLvr
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
I have never been pulled over for my plates, nor gotten a ticket in the stang. One funny thing about my plates is that the officer NEVER gets it right the first time. My plate reads B05S 3O2. It looks just like boss 302 from far away but actually reads B zero five S three letter o two.

The first time I got pulled over it was because of license plate light out and the sheriff deputy had to walk back up to the car and ask me what my plate was three times.

Haha, Bo5S yeah I could see how they get the plates wrong, I had to give it a second look! :lol:

02mingryGT
04-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Someone has those plates. I checked for you.

https://www.oplates.com/NameLookup/PlateLookupWizard3.asp?ID=OVUXRGKTVJBQNJGUXQIYIJBT IQHKCNYAGSMEULGJBWLLYBPBLI

MrsAPE
04-23-2008, 11:31 AM
^She does. :rolleyes:

SVT Fan
04-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I dont really think the cop's will pay that much attention to your plates. I got pulled over about a month ago for not having a plate on the front of my car.When the State Trooper walked up all he said about my plate was what does ETNLS1'S mean so I explained it to him and all he could say was huh then gave me a warning and let me go.

Stang 38L
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Ive gotten pulled over more times than I can count.... some equipment violations (tint), some speeding. 95% in the Stang. Dont think my personal plates had anything to do with it.

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Someone has those plates. I checked for you.

https://www.oplates.com/NameLookup/PlateLookupWizard3.asp?ID=OVUXRGKTVJBQNJGUXQIYIJBT IQHKCNYAGSMEULGJBWLLYBPBLI

I know.....IT'S ME!!!!! :) :) :)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/daneyb/SVTGIRL-1.jpg

PaulFiveOh
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
My plates say "PalWall" (Paul Wall....you know, the gangster rapper?)

And when a cop sees that, I'm sure they just discount me for a retarded teenager thug wanna-be......
Can't blame em.

BIGRED Z
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Seen 2 that would certainly be asking for trouble. Especially the last one. :lol:

HIOFICR and BYOFICR

banginstang07
04-23-2008, 10:40 PM
I've had mine for a while and haven't been pulled over yet and my plates are FAST CAR even tho its not fast yet but o well

02mingryGT
04-24-2008, 07:36 AM
^She does. :rolleyes:

Thanks didn't know. :rolleyes:

02mingryGT
04-24-2008, 07:37 AM
I know.....IT'S ME!!!!! :) :) :)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/daneyb/SVTGIRL-1.jpg

Cool. Didn't know thought you were wanting them....:lol:

quik lx
04-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Never been pulled over for my plates. I had QUIK LX for 6 years...now they read YOUD LUZ....no problems yet....we'll see with the blower motor?