PDA

View Full Version : GPS

95redstang
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Who has them for their cars? What's the best one out there for the money. I am going to buy one sometime this week and there are a ton of options. In the past month I have been to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tenessee, Kentucky,and Indiana for work. Maps are just a pain in the ass to read while I am driving a bunch of idiots. I had GPs on my Crackberry until I threw it in the washing machine. I'll be in Louisville here in a couple weeks for the Derby and I want to get one before then..

PaulFiveOh
04-22-2008, 11:37 AM
I have a Magellon 4050.

It is by far, the best $500 I have ever spent. My job has me driving to accounts all over the place, so it is so nice not to have to worry about finding where I'm going.

I recomend buying a cheap one if you are not going to rely on it.

cstreu1026
04-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I have a Garmin Nuvi 200 and so far its been great. It worked well navigating back roads to Marysville last week. My wife has used it a few times to find small businesses she was looking for with a decent amount of success. Given the price of them I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

wes 89 gt
04-22-2008, 12:05 PM
i have a tomtom its one of the cheapest but it works great.

BigBadStang
04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I have a Navigon 2100. It works well, and is able to help navigate "turn by turn" on the backroads of south central kentucky.

nkystanger
04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I have a Garmin Nuvi 200 and so far its been great. It worked well navigating back roads to Marysville last week. My wife has used it a few times to find small businesses she was looking for with a decent amount of success. Given the price of them I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

We have the same thing. Never had a problem with it and cant beat the price.

95redstang
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I just bought a TomTom today at Target. I'm going to try it out for the next week or 2.I might be at Keenland tomorrow so that could be a good test. I only paid $149 for it. It was $199 at a few other places...

BigBadStang
04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Shawn, good luck with it, and let us know how it works out for you.

I have a handheld "outdoorsman" typr that I use on the boat @ Lake Cumberland, and I love that one for finding places on the water. There are so many coves and creeks, that it's easy to get mixed up. But since I got the GPS it is soooo much easier to navigate the lake!

I bought both of mine HERE (http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=277&name=GPS-Accessories). Anyone in the market for one, check them out, they have some really good prices.

mustanginky
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I have a Navigon 2100. It works well, and is able to help navigate "turn by turn" on the backroads of south central kentucky.

i have the same one and it works great. have never missed a road b/c of it and i'm terrible with directions. it even shows the road that goes around my farm, which isn't a state/county road, its a private driveway. it's pretty badass! and relatively inexpensive too.

mustangrfast88
04-23-2008, 11:24 PM
go with a garmen i have the c330 but i want the novi 200 for my next one

95redstang
04-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Well I just got back from Keenland and the TomTom worked killer....No issues at all...

streetracer1
04-24-2008, 09:02 PM
I have a Garmen. Works great!

mustangrfast88
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
i found out today the novi series is goos by garmen but i need the c series in the line of work i do the c series has semi route on it

RIXXX93GT
04-25-2008, 09:26 AM
I have a Garmin, its one of the cheaper models like 169.00. It works fantastic. We went down to Natural Bridge KY a couple months ago and I just took off on back roads for a half hour and it plotted me back to Clay City over the mountains and thu the woods, I was amazed...dirt roads and all!

Mark66
04-25-2008, 01:11 PM
I have a Tom Tom from WalMart; $169, I think. Saved my life in Washington DC last month.

averystang
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
I work for Magellan, and we have been doing the navigation systems in Hertz rent a car for 9 years with very few problems.

INSANEBA
04-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Go with the creator of GPS, Garmin. I have the cheaper C330 street pilot. It was a gift from my best friend, and I would be lost without it. It shows waterways, and even the little tiny graveyards on the side of the road. Fastnotch has the NUVI350 I beleive, and it worked like a charm on even the dirt roads at Deals Gap last year. He even bought a stem mount to put it on his bike lol... But honestly, they all end up working the same way. GPS is the best thing since sliced bread...

Blackout
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I bought my wife a tomtom and she swears by it. Best purchase i made.

glassman
04-29-2008, 01:13 AM
I have been thinking about getting one also for my van. I haven't started to really look at them but have been thinking that it would be nice to have with me being a mostly mobile business and so many people just can't give directions to save their own lives.:lol:
Just the other day I had someone tell me to go a mile or so (which must a been a really long contry mile) then turn left at the gravel lane by the barn and he was in the "cult e sac":lol: @ the end of the road.

So bang for the buck which one is the best deal and easy to operate?

Pops Fun
04-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi
I have a nuvi 200 and like it a lot not perfect but used it on my trip to texas this month and it was great. Shows you the names of the roads coming up... really helpful. The Hummingbird gps on the boat is killer especially down here in texas, mark a spot boat ramp :D and come back no problem. My nuvi 200 works well.

Steve