PDA

View Full Version : frpp cams

plattner01
04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
ok just got mm&ff june mag. looking thru the mag i ran across an ad from suttonhp.cpm they selling frpp and listed in the ad is "FRPP 4.6 3V ""HOT ROD CAMS" now i havent been to ford site yet to see if these things are for real , but i remember some ppl talking about these on another site. but how much hp do you guys think you can get from new cams?? the other site these guys were talking like mad amounts of power, which i think they full of it.

KenB
04-22-2008, 01:04 PM
ok just got mm&ff june mag. looking thru the mag i ran across an ad from suttonhp.cpm they selling frpp and listed in the ad is "FRPP 4.6 3V ""HOT ROD CAMS" now i havent been to ford site yet to see if these things are for real , but i remember some ppl talking about these on another site. but how much hp do you guys think you can get from new cams?? the other site these guys were talking like mad amounts of power, which i think they full of it.

Mark,

You can gain some decent power but I wouldn't go with an off the shelf grind. We can get you a custom set specifically for your combo without it costing much more that a shelf set.

05yellowgt
04-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I'd spend money on forged internals before I'd add cams since you are already supercharged. You can see some decent gains from cams, though as Ken already mentioned a custom grind will probably serve you better. The FRPP Hot Rod cams aren't released yet AFAIK.

firestang70
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I agree with yellow05gt. Forge the bottom end of the motor first. I am sure Ken can cook a killer cam set up for your car. On NA motors the 3 valves seem to be adding 20-30 rwhp range on cams only. But each car setup is different. I have not seen the FRRP cams out yet. Good luck.

plattner01
04-22-2008, 08:42 PM
I agree with yellow05gt. Forge the bottom end of the motor first. I am sure Ken can cook a killer cam set up for your car. On NA motors the 3 valves seem to be adding 20-30 rwhp range on cams only. But each car setup is different. I have not seen the FRRP cams out yet. Good luck.

actually was thinking of going this route with Ken, but wasnt sure of what amount of rwhp that would come with a cam change.

05yellowgt
04-23-2008, 08:07 AM
The amount of power that you will gain would be highly dependent on the cam selection, boost level, and of course tuning. One plus for changing cams would be that you could elect to eliminate the Variable Cam Timing via adjustable cam gears, or VCT lockouts.