PDA

View Full Version : $&$&^%*(*$# Allergies!!!

mach_u
04-24-2008, 11:38 PM
This week I have been miserable. I'm all for warmer weather but this changing season crap is kicking my butt this year! This whole week I have had itchy eyes, running nose, sore throat and been a sneezing fool! I have taken Claritin, decongestants and damn near everything I can think of and I still have itchy eyes, runny nose, sore throat, am sneezing like fool AND now I am drowsy. This sucks nuts. Anybody have a good solution? I can't handle another day of this crap. :mad:

ibstrokin
04-24-2008, 11:44 PM
The next three days are supposed to be severe pollen days.

Stangman
04-25-2008, 12:59 AM
I hear that man! My throat itches, my eyes itch, everything is doing something... spring blows! except for the weather that is...

I cant take many allergy medicines due to the drowsiness side affects... so I pretty much have to deal with it :mad:

Sharad
04-25-2008, 02:02 AM
zyrtec

Paul408Notch
04-25-2008, 07:09 AM
zyrtec

:yup: I have some of the worst allergies there are, and Zyrtec takes the edge off big time. I had some sniffles yesterday, but I popped a couple of Tylenol Severe Allergies and I'm in good shape. Even been sleeping with some windows open.

Mr.Moontang
04-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Tis the season to be sneezin fa la la la la la la

Black Horse
04-25-2008, 07:58 AM
I feel for you...tis the season for the snot to be flowin'. Nasonex, Allegra....at least I can sleep.

mach_u
04-25-2008, 08:01 AM
zyrtec

:yup: I have some of the worst allergies there are, and Zyrtec takes the edge off big time. I had some sniffles yesterday, but I popped a couple of Tylenol Severe Allergies and I'm in good shape. Even been sleeping with some windows open.
That's good to hear. I called my Dr. and that's what he suggested. Just took a Zyrtec this morning combined with a Decongestant PE so we'll see. I hope it works - cos this allergy crap sucks!

Sharad
04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
yeah, allergies make life miserable.

Zyrtec is the only thing that works for me. Makes me drowsy so I don't take it daily. Only when I'm in bad shape.

Paul408Notch
04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
yeah, allergies make life miserable.

Zyrtec is the only thing that works for me. Makes me drowsy so I don't take it daily. Only when I'm in bad shape.

Makes me a bit drowsy too, but I just pop one every night before bed. They last 24 hours, so they keep me going all day the next day, and tends to wear out about an hour before bed. So far, so good.

MADMOD
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
That's good to hear. I called my Dr. and that's what he suggested. Just took a Zyrtec this morning combined with a Decongestant PE so we'll see. I hope it works - cos this allergy crap sucks!

I usally take Alegera D with a nasal spray and it seems to really work pretty good for me. Last Tuesday I took a Zyrtec when I couldn't find my allegrea and it worked for me with out any drowsiness:bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Amazingly mine haven't been bad. I usually get it every time the season changes, even fall to winter. Right now my biggest gripe is that all my cars are yellow/green. I wash it and then 10 minutes later it's covered again.

wolverine8490
04-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I have always had really bad allergies. Just in the past year I have finally found something good that works. Nasonex and Zyrtek.

Just remember that it can take some allergy medicines up to a week before they start working. They always say to start taking the meds 1 week before allergy season starts.

This year I have not taken anything, and have only had the itchy eyes. And that has just been when I cut the grass. They do also say your allergies can change ever 7 years, so I hope mine are finally starting to get better.

89notch
04-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I finally had to go to the doc and get a steroid shot yesterday and he gave me some new zyrtec thats a little more powerful than the old.

cstreu1026
04-25-2008, 12:39 PM
My suggestion would be to skip any decongestant that ends in PE. Get real pseudophed.

djom1cincy
04-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Mine are starting to get bad. I sneeze 4, 5, even 6 times in a row. Rapid fire like a cat. My stomach started to hurt yesterday from all the sneezing. My eyes get really bad also. They water so bad it looks as tho i've been balling my eyes out. Lucky it only last for a month or two then it goes away. I think i'll try the zyrtec.

untamed
04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I hear you AJ. This sucks. I never get allergies but this year I have them. HURRAY for me. The worst part for me is the headache. I have had this thing for 3 days. I wonder if Zertec helps with the headache. Fill me in guys.

Black Hole
04-25-2008, 06:36 PM
I've always had bad allergies and sinuses, but last fall and this spring have been the worse EVAR!!!!!

Last fall the allergist took care of me with some samples.....this spring I have a full supply of Nasonex and Dallergy (I just have to take 2-3 per day or I'm dying. :( )

wht_stang
04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm with ya too AJ my head feels like a basketball. I'm so use to it now that I just deal with it and never have been able to sleep good on any allergy medications. Get that asleep but aware of everything kind of sleep.

KobraII
04-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I've been lucky with my allergies. All I have is a stuffy nose

Stangman
04-27-2008, 02:19 AM
My allergies make me sneeze soo hard I fall down! I think I was on zyrtec once, and it didnt do anything for me, allegra did nothing for me, I took claratin for the longest time, and it actually started giving me heart palpitations! Benadryl (SP) seems to work well for me if I can stick to the dosage schedule, but I need about an hour and a half nap every day!

Hey Scott, remember when i worked at subaru and I took benadryl??? I'd be out like a light in the lunch room laying on a bunch of lined up chairs for an hour on my lunchbreak!