PDA

View Full Version : Check out this setup from Wilson

Rick93coupe
04-29-2008, 12:07 AM
http://news.hspn.com/articles/937/1/New-Wilson-Manifolds-V-FORCE-EFI/Page1.html

This thing is just wicked looking. I can totally picture it sitting on a super vic!

Mista Bone
04-29-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't see it working, even on a batch fire setup......but I'm a nobody.

Injectors not evenly spaced?

I could see 8 squirters in an octogon layout below the buterflys.

Aweasel
04-29-2008, 02:53 AM
I don't see it working, even on a batch fire setup......but I'm a nobody.

Injectors not evenly spaced?

I could see 8 squirters in an octogon layout below the buterflys.

They are evenly spaced, like a few millimeters each but that's beside the point. I assume you're talking about a port fuel injection system where the fuel injectors are aimed directly at the back of the valve. This system looks cool but I don't see how it's an improvement over a port fuel injection system. perhaps the air/fuel mixture atomizes better and earlier(use the rough cast of the inside of a single plane manifold instead of roughing of the intake runner on the head) to better work with really smooth intake ports thus free up a little cfm for maximum flow. I'm no expert but it's fun to guess at the pros and cons of a setup like this. I would assume it would only work in a batch fire setup. Def. looks cool and would clean up the bay some.

By octagon layout do you mean an injector pointing at the opposite intake runner? With this you have 4 pointing at the opposite set of intake runners, ie left bank of injectors are feeding the right side and vice versa.

Mista Bone
04-29-2008, 05:05 AM
Eight equal spaced injectors firing directly into the air path under the TB. Literally like a stop sign.

Black Horse
04-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Reminds me of the old Throttle Port Injection - the natural progression from carb to injector (Injector squirts through the carb port). I would think that having the injection points closer to each cylinder would be more beneficial (like current design). Direct port injection would of course be the best for equalization of fuel flow to a cylinder.

I would be fearful that the Wilson design does not provide equal fuel distribution to the cylinders.

Rick93coupe
04-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Wilson isn't new to the game, I'm pretty confident that they did their homework. Either way, I'm not buying one, but I do think it would look cool under the hood of someone's car.

Mista Bone
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
also with direct port injection you could tune each cylinder +/- 5% if needed.

I know Wilson has been around for quite a while, it does look great! Atomization of carb, but better control of injector pulsewidth.