PDA

View Full Version : GTA4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ricks_85_gt
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
O MY GOD THIS GAME IS THE SHIZIT!!!!!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I saw a video of picking up hookers and saw that you get to see BJ action and hand jobs and the hookers gets on top and rides. I'd say it's just a matter of time before they try to ban it.

I need to get me a PS3!!!

Xuzhu
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Sadly, I'm broke and have to wait on the best buy gift card I just ordered from credit card rewards. This is the first game in a LONG time I haven't picked up on the release date, and it's killing me :(

BIGHONKEY
04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Man I can't wait to get off work today!! I picked it up this morning.

DeckerEnt
04-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Do they offer it on PS2? If so I will get it soon.
Keith

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Do they offer it on PS2? If so I will get it soon.
Keith

Nope, we're forced to buy the new console to play the new hottness :(

I'm gonna have to sell blood and semen to get a PS3 when Gran Turismo 5 comes out. I'm hoping GTA4 comes out on PC soon.

ricks_85_gt
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
well i got it on xbox 360 and the cool thing is i didnt buy it so i win either way but it is the shit!! lap dances, real looking cars like a gran national and a charger its just flippin awesome!!!!

BIGHONKEY
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Get a ghetto Xbox360 like me.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM

Which is what exactly? :confused:

Blackpony
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
I been hinting to the misses all day that I really need it

BIGHONKEY
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Which is what exactly? :confused:

Well it's cheaper than a PS3. I know they sell re-furbed ones at Micro-Center real cheap. I just thought with the $349 one with the "better" wireless controler, HDMI cable, and new chip set as the kids call it, and two games was worth it

holeshot
04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Since it is so expensive, u should go out and get a hooker, then kill her and take her money. haha. I love Grand Theft Auto.

streetracer1
04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
This game is AWESOME!

Xowner
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM
were are the hoes i cant find them! LOL

PaulFiveOh
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Stupid question, can you guys see more than "123" and "send" when you pull up the phone?

I think I have a res issue going on.

Stangman
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
damnit didnt they offer it for ps2 in the commercials??? They better not make me sell a 302 block to buy the sonofabitch

Do they offer "Ghetto" ps3's??

Xowner
04-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Stupid question, can you guys see more than "123" and "send" when you pull up the phone?

I think I have a res issue going on.

hit down after you pull up the phone on d pad!

BIGHONKEY
04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I couldn't invite or accept game invites on X360 last night. I guess XBL was overloaded or someshit. :(

Blackpony
05-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I saw a video of picking up hookers and saw that you get to see BJ action and hand jobs and the hookers gets on top and rides. I'd say it's just a matter of time before they try to ban it.

I need to get me a PS3!!!

I heard walmart was gonna pull it

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't see what the problem is. It's labeled for mature audiences. You'll find 100x more violence in any typical action movie and that's a hell of a lot more real looking than the game. If you buy it for your kid then that's your problem.

djom1cincy
05-04-2008, 12:23 PM

I'm gonna have to sell blood and semen to get a PS3 when Gran Turismo 5 comes out. I'm hoping GTA4 comes out on PC soon.

Gran Turismo 5 is out on ps3. I've got it. Better start whacking away:lol: It may take a while to donate enough to get the system.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Do you have the full version or Prologue? Prologue is just a sample of the full game, i don't think the full game is out yet.

djom1cincy
05-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Prologue....I just started playing it. I'm going to be pissed if another version of it comes out.

djom1cincy
05-04-2008, 07:24 PM
You where right. I wish i had found this before i opened the damn game. Seems ok what little i've played.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
by David J. Long

Crispy Gamer Says: What's Hot: Gorgeous cars; Enjoyable driving physics; Nice showcase for DualShock 3

What's Not: Online racing bumper cars; Completely unbalanced progression; Graphics issues

Filed Under »

I really want to like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, but every time I warm up to it another aspect of it beats me down. I keep coming back hoping it gets better only to go away battered by design stupidity again and again. There's still a great series in here trying desperately to find its way 10 years after the original was released, but Prologue is just so unbalanced and riddled with problems that you're better off waiting and hoping the real Gran Turismo 5 will arrive next year.

There are reasons to fall in love with Prologue. It's got some of the most beautiful cars the world of driving games has ever seen. Ferrari, BMW, Ford, Honda, Subaru and plenty more have provided the license for you to drive over 70 of their collective lines of automobiles. All but a few have detailed interior modeling allowing you to finally sit inside as you fly around the High Speed Ring hard on the gas. It raises the immersion enough that Prologue really does feel like a revelation on those first few laps. Add in a new DualShock 3 controller, and the subtle rumbling really helps make the racing believable.

Looks are secondary to how the cars drive, and that's another place the game succeeds. The feel of most of the cars seems realistic, especially if you bump up to Professional handling. An '06 Corvette has a lot of horses under the hood for you to rein in, and without some help from traction control, you'll probably spend as much time recovering from a spin as you will ripping down a straight at nearly 200 mph. Unfortunately, the issue of driver aids is where things begin to break down.

Single-player progression requires increasingly powerful cars in order to move on. In the Level C challenges, top players will be able to drive with Professional handling and driver aids turned completely off. Even novices can get the hang of how these cars should handle on the road and still progress without a lot of help from the computer via driver aids. Once you hit the end of Level B and move into Level A, that all changes. Even a seasoned driver will have issues keeping the likes of a Ford GT on the road without turning on every driver aid.

Not only are the cars much harder to drive, the difficulty of the races seems tuned for unrealistic handling. You must use other cars as a wall to keep your speed up in the corners, drive at the edge of adhesion in a way you'd never be able to do without all the aids, and even then you'll have a hard time getting from 16th on the grid to third before three to five laps are completed. The game also sticks you in a single-file line for the start and begins the lap timer when the first car crosses start/finish, not when you get there. It's an absolutely ludicrous setup and will frustrate everyone who came for the driving, not the crashing.

Of course, in true Gran Turismo style there's no car damage, visible or otherwise, so often the best way to a quick lap time is to use glancing blows off the walls and hammer the throttle after the hit. As if expecting some of this, the game will occasionally penalize you for cutting a corner or ramming another car, but how the penalties are applied is entirely arbitrary. These penalties carry over to the online game, too, and without the online game your progression through the single-player game will be snail-like. You simply make more credits racing online than you ever will in the single-player game because the credit rewards are higher, but it's a complete disaster thanks to a terrible set of rules, awful enforcement and... well... people.

Ten years of Gran Turismo and the popularity of NASCAR have trained many U.S. gear monkeys to believe that running into other cars is how you drive fast. There is no such thing as respect in an online race, and with Internet latency adding to this already nasty mental condition, it makes the one feature for which people would pay a complete bust.

You will be crashed out of the lead every time because you can't escape the morons barreling into slow corners without braking, using your bumper as their stopping power. This doesn't penalize them in any significant way -- a four-second "slowdown" at most -- so they're right there next to you after you recover from the crash, ready to shove you aside with a quick flick of their steering wheel toward your car. Once again, no penalty applies to them, but heck, you might get a penalty for ramming or hitting the barrier too hard! Anger sets in and you decide to go back to the single-player only to realize you need another 100,000 credits for a specific car to compete in a certain event and the best way to earn that is to go back online and pray you can get a second or third without too much trouble.

So there you are, on the seesaw of single-player and online racing, wanting more cars but finding it nearly impossible to enjoy the time spent earning the credits for them. If the racing against the artificial intelligence were more than just "pass these 16 cars in five laps," it might hold your interest long enough to race the same races again and again, but the game wears out its welcome all too quickly. Combine the shoddy racing with a whole load of menus that slow the entire experience to a crawl, and there's just nothing left to recommend.

To top it off, there are bugs. Music tracks have a mind of their own -- sometimes they play during races, sometimes they don't. In my first race I heard Thin Lizzy's "The Rocker." I haven't heard it in over a hundred races since, making me wonder if I'm just dreaming that I heard it at all. Graphic glitches abound. I had everything from screen tearing to nasty aliasing to slowdown. The aforementioned lap timer starting when the first car crosses the line and not when you get there is another obvious gaffe. It's like this entire product is a work in progress, and that's been pretty much confirmed by some recent rumblings of a damage model being added in a patch.

I've played hundreds of racing games. Gran Turismo made me a believer in PlayStation again when it shipped in 1998. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will either be the place the series officially jumped the shark or it'll be the work-in-progress demo that they shouldn't have released before Gran Turismo 5 arrives next year and restores my faith in the series. Fans of the games can probably enjoy this in spite of its flaws, and if the only reason you buy GT is to race against the clock, you'll be in heaven. We already got the time-trial version of GT when Gran Turismo HD was given away a while back, and this certainly looks a lot nicer than that, but while it's nice to have a few more circuits on which to drive, it's hardly worth 40 bucks.

This review is based on a retail copy of the game provided by the publisher.

Stang 38L
05-05-2008, 07:43 AM

Or like me :)

I picked it up as well late last week... only got a few hours in, but damn. Its fucking sweet.

02mingryGT
05-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Best racing game out there for what the guy wants who wrote the article, is without a doubt Forza Mortorsports 2. And as far as internet latency, I can only remember one time in the last couple of years I've had lagging issues on Live. Sony was late to that party and appears to still be behind the curve.

BUHBYY
05-05-2008, 10:08 AM

GT 5 is out I have it already and GTA 4 havent played either much yet :(

96mysticman
05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
GTA4 is pretty friggin amazing. i'm about 27% done and i played 28 hours on it since last thursday. that thing is friggin addicting