PDA

View Full Version : My response to Craig being Banned.

08 Vette
04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
As I read all the post it saddens me! I now have people saying that they hate Matt,Holly and I. Or some combination of that. I understand that people are upset! I’m upset! If I thought this could have ended any different or any better, I would have chosen to have gone that route.
The truth is most of you don’t know what’s been going on since Vinny Passed and we inherited the board. I’ll leave it at that. You don’t know because we did our best to keep the drama off of the board.
This was a VERY hard decision that had to be made. The way things were going wasn’t doing anybody that was involved any good.
I don’t hate Craig, I don’t hate any of you. I’m not going into why it happened it won’t help the situation, all I’ll say is something that had to happen. This was not something that just came up today. We have been thinking it over for a long time.
I knew we would lose a lot of members over this and there would be hard feelings.
Please try to keep things in perspective.
Some of you know me, some of you don’t. The ones that do know that I’ve always had the good of Stangbangerz and it’s members at heart.
I’m sorry it turned out this way, but I believe it’s for the better in the long haul.
If members or any of the mods want to leave, that’s your decision and I respect that!

Thanks for listening. Good luck with whatever you choose to do

Tim

Brandon Alsept
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah a guilty conscious is a mother fucker isn't it;)

SMOKE
04-29-2008, 06:57 PM
:lol: :lol: :popcorn:

PaulFiveOh
04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
We can't deny that it must have been a tough choice.

We don't hate you Tim! (Well, I don't...lol)

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
What a Great leader!!!

;)

Foxxx5oh
04-29-2008, 07:01 PM
I've been a Stangbangerz member since late 02 when i got my 89 GT...and after reading everything that has happened with Craig being banned, and numerous others getting the ban as well...it seems as though this site has strayed from its original luster...im honestly at a loss for words...things are going downhill...whether they just started with all the bans, or it has been goin down since Vinny passed (RIP Guy!) and it hasnt been as noticeable...either way...there is no way this can be good for the site...

Andy

PS, Tim, youre still an old fart!! :D

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Tim---thank you for your response. I don't think it's fair for Matt to weather this storm alone.

I am still 100% against your decision.

I feel the administrators have put their own needs before the needs of the members.

I know you don't have to, but put a poll up and see who thinks Craig should be banned. I can almost guarantee there would only be 3 votes to ban him.

Is that really how any of you want SBZ to be run? I know you Tim, I know you Matt, ---how can it really come down to this.

It literally breaks my heart to see this happen and to see people being so hurtful to each other.

Timido
04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
It literally breaks my heart to see this happen and to see people being so hurtful to each other.

Amen

Vinny started this website to bring people together. I dont like to see the hatred and personal attacks.

cobrajoe
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
subscribing

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-29-2008, 07:19 PM
If I thought this could have ended any different or any better, I would have chosen to have gone that route. There is always another way. Have you guys actually had an actual conversation???? I would think that adults would try to work things out before banning one of the orginal members and the creators BEST FRIEND.

The truth is most of you don’t know what’s been going on since Vinny Passed and we inherited the board. I’ll leave it at that. You don’t know because we did our best to keep the drama off of the board. That's because we don't care about drama in the past and it's not fair for it to be brought up in EVERY post.
This was a VERY hard decision that had to be made. The way things were going wasn’t doing anybody that was involved any good. I can't speak for everyone but it seems like he was just annoying the ADMINS, not the members???? Am I wrong? If so...please someone else besides the admins speak up!

I’m not going into why it happened it won’t help the situation, all I’ll say is something that had to happen. I think that's a cop out and I feel that the members of this board DESERVE to know the reason he has been banned and let them judge for themselves

This was not something that just came up today. We have been thinking it over for a long time.
I knew we would lose a lot of members over this and there would be hard feelings. And you are okay with this????? Is it worth that much to you to see him gone that you'd be willing to sully the SBZ name? That to me doesn't sound like "best interest" of the board. It sounds like "best interest" of the admins

Some of you know me, some of you don’t. The ones that do know that I’ve always had the good of Stangbangerz and it’s members at heart. You may honestly think you do, but I think this decision says otherwise
I’m sorry it turned out this way, but I believe it’s for the better in the long haul. LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS! It may be better for you, but it will NOT be better for the members
If members or any of the mods want to leave, that’s your decision and I respect that!

Dani1281
04-29-2008, 07:21 PM
What rule did Craig violate to justify being banned? I think he - we, deserve to know that much. It is very sad to see what this site has come to.

Kid_Money
04-29-2008, 07:25 PM
That's the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever read.. If it wasn't for Craig, this site wouldn't be half of what it is today. You all are a bunch of pieces of shit. Vinny would have never let this happen. How can banning someone like Craig be good for the site? He know's more than all three of you morons about Mustang's, and cars in general. More people like him than you guys too. All you guys did is show everyone what this site has become. Craig has a lot of influence around here, with a lot of people. Lot's of would be members, and current members are probably gonna leave the site. That's fucking retarded. I hope Craig knows that we all have his back. Greedy fucks....

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/daneyb/Craigandcrew.jpg

:(

untamed
04-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Very good picture.:o

jayz2slk
04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Tim stop playin the roll like always, this is not softball at KFC. Whatever reason you guys feel i am sure is BULLSHIT, unless someone is giving you something for free or get you free labor you want nothing to do with them or here what they have to say. Hell last time i remember you callin was to get a deal but it was not good enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustangboy
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
When this site became more about the money than the friendships its fate was sealed. I figured it would eventually come to this but it is still very sad to see.

Stangman
04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
wow.... subscribing...

rogers
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
i hate to ask but what the $*&% happened now

someone feel free to pm me i 've havent been on the site for a day and a half

+1 subscription :popcorn:

Black Hole
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
When this site became more about the money than the friendships its fate was sealed. I figured it would eventually come to this but it is still very sad to see.
I find your comments funny....you know there was more money (and free/discounted parts) generated back when Vinny was here?

How do you think his car was built?????

jayz2slk
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
How do you think his car was built?????[/QUOTE]

Cause people loved him and he was not a A$$ ;) not sayin anyone is

beentryin
04-29-2008, 10:19 PM
wow im lost had a great turnout a qs&l and bam someone pm me let me know wats going on

Waffles
04-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Surely we're not talking about Craig from Cincy Speed? I've been totally lost reading this thread, then saw the picture. I'm still pretty new here, but this has to be a joke.

Metcalf Racing
04-29-2008, 11:20 PM
As I read all the post it saddens me! I now have people saying that they hate Matt,Holly and I. Or some combination of that. I understand that people are upset! I’m upset! If I thought this could have ended any different or any better, I would have chosen to have gone that route.
The truth is most of you don’t know what’s been going on since Vinny Passed and we inherited the board. I’ll leave it at that. You don’t know because we did our best to keep the drama off of the board.
This was a VERY hard decision that had to be made. The way things were going wasn’t doing anybody that was involved any good.
I don’t hate Craig, I don’t hate any of you. I’m not going into why it happened it won’t help the situation, all I’ll say is something that had to happen. This was not something that just came up today. We have been thinking it over for a long time.
I knew we would lose a lot of members over this and there would be hard feelings.
Some of you know me, some of you don’t. The ones that do know that I’ve always had the good of Stangbangerz and it’s members at heart.
I’m sorry it turned out this way, but I believe it’s for the better in the long haul.

Thanks for listening. Good luck with whatever you choose to do

Tim
Ok I know you have been waiting on me so you guys can ban me once and for all but heres what I have to say. Vinny started this for a place for all his mustang buddies to have a place to talk about racing their junk. There have been a select few of us that have been members since day 1. Tim I've been kicked off here more than anyone period,.. but Vinny brought me back time and time again because at the end of the day he liked me stirring up the board. You know good and well that Vinny would have never banned Craig. This site should have been shut down when he died, Now it's going to self destruct and you guys are going to personally destroy the very thing He loved.. Personally I'm very let down with you all and this decision will haunt you always

juiced347
04-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Ok I know you have been waiting on me so you guys can ban me once and for all but heres what I have to say. Vinny started this for a place for all his mustang buddies to have a place to talk about racing their junk. There have been a select few of us that have been members since day 1. Tim I've been kicked off here more than anyone period,.. but Vinny brought me back time and time again because at the end of the day he liked me stirring up the board. You know good and well that Vinny would have never banned Craig. This site should have been shut down when he died, Now it's going to self destruct and you guys are going to personally destroy the very thing He loved.. Personally I'm very let down with you all and this decision will haunt you always

:agree::wstupid:

beefcake
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
The problem is by not saying what he was banned for with specifics. You leave yourselves as admins to everything that you see here.

I personally think that before it happened. A post should have been made with the events and how they played out in the admins eyes.

At least that way your not left hangin high and dry. I don't agree with the decision, but i'm not the Admin. I've always loved this place.

A decision of this magnitude does affect many people on here.

I think a post with all the details and a forewarning would have been the way to go.

Again, not my call though. I just think it would have stopped a lot of the hatred goin on and maybe gave a perspective in to the Admins thoughts.

I'm really hoping everything mellows out.

Waffles
04-30-2008, 12:25 AM
As far as I'm aware, this is not a club where membership has a vote. It's a business that provides a service to car enthusiasts through it's forums. The membership (website membership) then enables the business, Stangbangerz, to sell advertising and make money. It's an exchange.

The feeling I've always gotten, was that is was a club. However, it has employees, owners, customers, and no responsibility to membership. Honestly, I think very little of this would have happened if it had been a club.

Black92LX
04-30-2008, 06:59 AM
well that would explain why I couldn't send him a PM.

JASON408
04-30-2008, 07:34 AM
This is trully a sad day ! i try to kept my mouth shut on all the drama that goes on around here but i will say my piece . When you think of stangbangerz the first thing you think of is vinny ( we all miss very much ) the second thing is craig ( all the drunk post and vinnys dear friend ) . I remeber loging on just to see what he would post when he tied one on . other than vinny craig prob has done more for the site to grow than anyone . and now with in a year and a half both vinny and craig are no longer posting on stangbangerz and that is very sad . I dont know the resons behind the banning so i cant coment on if it was right or wrong . Just that it is sad ! it has not been the same since vinny left and nothing we do can change that . you will never find a nother vinny to run this place and thats a fact . Becuse there was only one vinny . Everyone loves vinny so everything he did on the site was ok with most . But now that he is gone everyone wants this place to be ran the same and it cant be . The best you do is try and i know they have . stangbangez will take a big hit for this but i know they already know that . But in the end stangbangerz will keep rolling the way vinny wanted . Thanks for letting me rant! Jason

Stang 38L
04-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Surely we're not talking about Craig from Cincy Speed? I've been totally lost reading this thread, then saw the picture. I'm still pretty new here, but this has to be a joke.

Ive been here for a few years, and Im lost :confused:.

SWEET GT
04-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Ive been here for a few years, and Im lost :confused:.

same here..

mustangboy
04-30-2008, 08:39 AM
find your comments funny....you know there was more money (and free/discounted parts) generated back when Vinny was here?

Yeah but back then friendship always came first. Vinny would have never made Craig pay to be a site sponsor. Craig would have willingly paid or donated money anyway. For what Craig has always done to help everyone I don't see why it was made mandatory for him to pay to be a sponsor like everyone else. He is not like everyone else he was Vinny's best friend. Like I said before when the money became MORE important than the friendship the writing was on the wall.

Silver Bullet
04-30-2008, 08:39 AM
I find your comments funny....you know there was more money (and free/discounted parts) generated back when Vinny was here?

WOW...... This has got way out of control..... Vinny's car was built because anyone who knew him would lend him a hand and help him, BECAUSE HE DID THE SAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE THAT KNEW HIM! SHIT I CAN BARELY TYPE I'M SO PISSED..... AND THAT ISN'T LIKE ME.... I DARE YOU TO SAY SOME SHIT LIKE THAT TO MY FACE..... TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU....

He helped me out FOR FREE! FREE FREE.... and I would do the same if he was still here today.... this board needs to get a grip and lay it all out on the line why Craig was banned..... or let him back... because ALMOST all of us.... a family doesn't see it..... BAN ME TOO for my comments if you like.... but I have never made a post like this... or even made one ill word towards ANYONE on this board.... and have never even made a post in the whipping room.... WTF

Silver Bullet
04-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Amen

Vinny started this website to bring people together. I dont like to see the hatred and personal attacks.

AMEN!

KenB
04-30-2008, 09:04 AM

Well you make a good point. There was more support for this site when Vinny was here because the way this board is being run has chased alot of people away.

I just caught wind of this today. I know there have been issues but I'm still shocked it came to this. It's a sad day.

beefcake
04-30-2008, 09:10 AM
WOW...... This has got way out of control..... Vinny's car was built because anyone who knew him would lend him a hand and help him, BECAUSE HE DID THE SAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE THAT KNEW HIM! SHIT I CAN BARELY TYPE I'M SO PISSED..... AND THAT ISN'T LIKE ME.... I DARE YOU TO SAY SOME SHIT LIKE THAT TO MY FACE..... TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU....

He helped me out FOR FREE! FREE FREE.... and I would do the same if he was still here today.... this board needs to get a grip and lay it all out on the line why Craig was banned..... or let him back... because ALMOST all of us.... a family doesn't see it..... BAN ME TOO for my comments if you like.... but I have never made a post like this... or even made one ill word towards ANYONE on this board.... and have never even made a post in the whipping room.... WTF

I remember Vinny taking hours to help me install my nitrous kit on my 2nd L. Wouldn't take a penny.

Silver Bullet
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I still have the custom oil feed to the blower he made for FREE! Wouldn't take a dime for that either....

I've said it before and will say it again, he is one of those people, I can't even sit down and come up with a negative thing to say about. He is just a great guy. Stopping by right out of the blue, wanting nothing more than to say hi.

dawsin94cobra
04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
also could someone tell me what happened??? pm or whatever

facemelter71
04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
also could someone tell me what happened??? pm or whatever

Dude,there's about 400 post's about Craig ( Maximus) getting banned.Thats what all this is about.READ THE POSTS.

99transam
04-30-2008, 11:08 AM

Man your a real COCKSUCKER arnt you:flipoff::flipoff:So you think its fair for CRAIG to give everyone on here good deals on parts and pay to be a sponsor?,If thats not being greedy i dont know what is,And at the end of the day i do think your a cocksucker ,And would be happy to tell you this to your face one saturday afternoone at tristate:flipoff:

7721Cobra
04-30-2008, 11:17 AM

I haven't posted much on SBZ since the higherarchy has taken over. All the banning of people, firing Mods and all the other crap that has gone on. This place will never be the same. And now you make a comment like this? That seems way out of line to me. So now I am going to be out of line, Black Hole you are a DICK. So ban/delete me because I am never going to be a part of this place again as long as you are in charge!

mustangoutlaw
04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Kwik92GT
04-30-2008, 05:08 PM

YOU got some balls posting that shit. I don't post much but I've been here since the early days and know what this site was before you took over. You have NO CLUE what this site is or was about. There's a brotherhood here you obviously can't even begin to comprehend. There's more to life and this site than just money bitch. Get a clue. His car was built through his and many of his "peeps" blood, sweat, and tears not to mention hard earned pay. You make me sick. Sitting behind your keyboard and typing this kind of garbage. Talk about opening up a can. You sir are a fucking ASSHOLE of the tallest order. Karma is a bitch, remember that. :HYF:

Gene
04-30-2008, 05:27 PM

The difference is that the money/parts/whatever was done as a nice gesture from his friends as a thank you for providing the message board, not as a formal compensation/advertisement. The people who paid to advertise (or gave Vinny free parts, dyno time, etc.) on here did so because they wanted to, as a way to help the board out. You guys turned what was a fun, informal group of people into a business, and fucked it up in the process.

Mike
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I know it doesn't mean jack shit coming from me, but if I can help any way whatsoever (financially, or my team of nerd friends helping with site maintenance), please let me know.

Aside from that, good luck with the progression of a great site. I hope everything works out, and wish the best for everyone involved.

BMF_RACING
05-01-2008, 08:52 AM
What rule did Craig violate to justify being banned? I think he - we, deserve to know that much. It is very sad to see what this site has come to.

X 2 WTF!!!!!:mad:

347sc
05-01-2008, 09:08 AM
I know it doesn't mean jack shit coming from me, but if I can help any way whatsoever (financially, or my team of nerd friends helping with site maintenance), please let me know.

Aside from that, good luck with the progression of a great site. I hope everything works out, and wish the best for everyone involved.

Thanks Mike. When you care thats what you do.:bigthumb