PDA

View Full Version : My .02 worth

dedpedal
05-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes, I locked the threads about things and want to have a CIVIL thread to let everybody vent. PLEASE keep it civil and I wont lock it or delete it. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or read the forum rules. I know that they are posted by Matt but these are pretty much Vinnys rules from the old site. Thank you for your understanding.
Kev

BIGRED Z
05-01-2008, 01:12 AM
I knew Vinny. I know Holly. I loved/love them both. Vinny created this board in his vision. I believe Holly tried to run this board in that same vision after he was gone.

Craig Newport was part of that vision. I don't care what he did. He is one of the people that simply do not get banned. He has been a part of this board since its conception. Honestly, i think Vinny would spin in his grave to see this happen.

I haven't posted here in a long time as I'm an F body owner. I recently rejoined when the WW started. I am female and have raced cars independently of my husband who I met through NKYFBA.

Point being, I don't know why Newport was banned. Don't really care. I feel simply, he is one of the members who should NEVER have been banned regardless of what he may have done. Kind of like those parents who continue to love their children even though they turn out to be mass muderers. We all know Craig didn't go on a killing spree. So I can only assume he may have bruised a few egos.

I also find it difficult to think that Holly would have banned her late husbands truest friend. Until I hear different, I will adhere to this belief.

Craig has been a mainstay of this board, a true supporter. Just as he has been to my board, NKYFBA. I cannot envision a circumstance underwhich he would ever be banned there, and he wasn't even the founders best friend.

I think the admins should strongly reconsider their position on this matter. If Vinny were still here, I would bet my life savings this would never have happened. Which tells me that the vision Vinny had for this forum is no longer being upholded.

In laymens terms, this is pure and complete utter bullshit.

Lori

Camaro86SHOCKER
05-01-2008, 01:27 AM
TOTAL AGREEMENT! however this post will probably get locked down pretty quick.
Sad to say that this board died with him.
Vinny was a good guy.

DeckerEnt
05-01-2008, 01:34 AM
F this, F that, F you, F whatever. These types of comments are not welcome. Please step back, take a breath, and think before you post. There are around 3000 members on here now. Probably a few hundred regulars. It only takes one or two to give this place a bad name.
Just my 0.02
Keith

DeckerEnt
05-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Well put Lori.
Keith

BIGRED Z
05-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Well, the more they lock threads, the more people will move elsewhere to say what they have to say. Not the best way to keep a board in business.

Point being, people WILL say their peace. Whether it be here or elsewhere. It's their choice. But there is such a saying as, "cutting your nose off to spite your own face." Or, "shooting yourself in the foot." More on point, in this case, "Hurting your pocketbook." I have heard it said that this board makes a profit.

Sponsors go where the business goes. Sponsors makes the board money. If members make a mass exodus in response to this decision...well, certainly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2+2.

Too ban a board icon such as Newport simply doesn't make financial sense. Unfortunately, I can imagine Craig wouldn't come back if offered an apology in blood. I wouldn't. That's just ego.

And as we all know, Craig is a business man. So he has the added knowledge that his absence from this board will cost this board money in lost sponsers, referrals, etc. He holds the cards. All the more reason the decision to ban him was a colossal mistake. Both in the morale standpoint as well as the money standpoint.

Someone didn't have their thinking cap on when this decision was made.

BIGRED Z
05-01-2008, 02:29 AM
First off, I don't know you.

But I do know that you, by your own admission, banned an icon of this board because you were, in your own words, hard headed.

Consider this. Do not admit a possible mistake and run away.

Man up, admit you made a mistake and then offer to make the proper restitution. You will gain much more respect in admitting a mistake and then doing what needs to be done to rectify the situation.

Offering a resignation just because you made a bonehead decision will sit much worse if you do it and run.

You brought this about. You need to stick around and ensure that either, one, you fix it, or two, you defend your decision like a man.

Take a look at some of the other threads before you decide.

Then stick around and take your lumps and continue to offer your contributions that you have been making. Obviously you are a valuable member here, or people would not be telling you to stay.

Mistakes are good only if you learn from them. Running with your tail between your legs will simply allow a loss of respect for you, and an emptiness when you no longer have a forum, a familiar group of people in which you share common car enthusiasm. I'm sure you still have that good old car enthusiasm right? People are quick to forgive when they know the trespassor admits a wrong. You did that. So gather up your berries and hang around.