PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing with your Stimulus check ?

Katmandu
05-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I want to pay down some credit card bills, but my wife want to confiscate it to put back in to her business. :rolleyes:

So....I guess "our" check is going back into her business. :(

And you ??? :confused:

dedpedal
05-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Im going to "stimulate" myself. Im spending it on something for me, I dont know what just yet tho. Ill have to have the money in my hand before spending it.

mach_u
05-02-2008, 08:30 AM
It will probably just go into the general fund. Thankfully my wife let's me get what I want when I want to so no need to go crazy. :lol: Although we are talking about a long weekend to Nashville so it may go towards that? :dunno:

Katmandu
05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Im going to "stimulate" myself. Im spending it on something for me, I dont know what just yet tho. Ill have to have the money in my hand before spending it.I hope it doesn't have batteries in it Kev! :lol:

Katmandu
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Although we are talking about a long weekend to Nashville so it may go towards that? :dunno:You know.....There's a NICE NEW SuperSpeedway (20) miles due East of Nashville!

My sister-in-law lives (4) miles from it. Took my nephew over to watch some Busch cup cars practice. Pretty :cool2: stuff!

Pyro50
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Giving it to James to help with his new motor he wants to build........ :bigthumb

bascom123
05-02-2008, 10:31 AM
my ex wife B!TCH gets it in the separation agreement.. BITTER, YOU BETCHA

mach_u
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
You know.....There's a NICE NEW SuperSpeedway (20) miles due East of Nashville!

My sister-in-law lives (4) miles from it. Took my nephew over to watch some Busch cup cars practice. Pretty :cool2: stuff!
Unfortunately, not much of a Nascar fan. Cookie cutter cars making left hand turns gets boring after the first 5-6 laps. :lol:

05yellowgt
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I haven't made up my mind what I am gong to do with mine yet. The government doesn't want you to pay bills with the money, they want you to go out and buy something new with it. Supposedly it will stimulate the Economy, but I have my doubts. All the same I am not going to turn down free money.

BIGRED Z
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Shit, you'll have to dump half of it in the gas tank to drive somewhere to spend it!

Saving our for vacatoion, or maybe to pour a 3rd driveway at the house.

Buckeye
05-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Black upolstery kit for the convertable and new carpet with it

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-03-2008, 12:57 AM
My original plan was to buy gas cards but i decided to get pushrods so i can install my heads and then pay off bills.

leroy93lx
05-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Mine goes into the house projects account. Got a few thousand worth of concrete work and landscaping going out in the next few weeks , so the free $ will help!

djom1cincy
05-03-2008, 03:41 PM
That moneys not free. We'll end up paying it back some how, some way. Well i just spent my money. Not even sure if i've gotten it yet. I broke down and bought a 1 karot diamond for my girlfriend. She's going to go crazy when she see's it. I guess its time to do it. We've been together for 2 and half years. She's been on my ass about this for a while now so i broke down and did it. I dont pick it up till wednesday so i guess i'll pop the question next weekend. I was going to get some 4:10 gears with it. Looks like i'll have to cash in the stainless pipe i've been holding onto to the scrap yard. That should pay for it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah you can bet there will be some tax that'll make up for it.

mach_u
05-04-2008, 08:30 AM
That moneys not free. We'll end up paying it back some how, some way. Well i just spent my money. Not even sure if i've gotten it yet. I broke down and bought a 1 karot diamond for my girlfriend. She's going to go crazy when she see's it. I guess its time to do it. We've been together for 2 and half years. She's been on my ass about this for a while now so i broke down and did it. I dont pick it up till wednesday so i guess i'll pop the question next weekend. I was going to get some 4:10 gears with it. Looks like i'll have to cash in the stainless pipe i've been holding onto to the scrap yard. That should pay for it.
Congrat's dude! That's awesome! :bigthumb

Gearhead
05-04-2008, 09:19 AM
All the same I am not going to turn down free money.

It's not going to be free, your tax refund next year will probably be reduced by the amount of the stimulus check. Or, if you end up owing taxes, it will just be that much more to pay.

djom1cincy
05-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks Mach_u. I think i've made her wait long enough for it. She's going to be so happy. Her twin sister was in tears when i called her to find out the ring size. It almost brought a tear to my eye just to hear how happy her sister was. I know she will be ten times as happy. I've just got to find a cool way to give it to her.

05yellowgt
05-04-2008, 11:44 AM
It's not going to be free, your tax refund next year will probably be reduced by the amount of the stimulus check. Or, if you end up owing taxes, it will just be that much more to pay.
Yes and no. It is a little complicated though. The money you recieve will be deducted from your tax return for next year. If you get zero return, or owe, you will not have to pay back the money you get from the stimulus check. In addition, if you do get a return, it is a free loan to the government, interest free for them. Now they get to keep a little less of it for free.

Hell I have already given the government almost $8,000 to the feds in taxes. I'm glad to get some of it back, even if it is just earlier than normal.

07thorobrd
05-04-2008, 12:18 PM
well my check is going to pay off my last 2 credit card bills. if the government wants me to buy something to stimulate the economy i will be more than glad to let them pay my bills off for me.

92coupe
05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Intercooler and blowoff valve, Who knows maybe a down payment on a new bike.

Gearhead
05-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Hell I have already given the government almost $8,000 to the feds in taxes. I'm glad to get some of it back, even if it is just earlier than normal.

You've already paid 8K in Federal taxes this year ??!! Wow, it's only the beginning of May !! You're in a higher tax bracket than me !!

05yellowgt
05-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Well not quite as much as I thought. I payed in $4k total in federal taxes. I have payed in $7k overall to all taxes from Federal down to city.

BigBadStang
05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
something "stimulating"!
going to Florida, and giving my money to the Big Mouse in Orlando...leaving out in one week! Woot-woot! gonna ride the G-force Mustangs in Olde Town too...that will be the highlight I'm sure!!!
can't wait!!

black90lx
05-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Mine will be going towards getting my supercharger rebuilt. The oil feed line got clogged up and it locked up the bearings and broke the impellar.

95turbocharged
05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
The good ole uncle SAM is keeping mine and my wifes they say we owed money from 2005 so we dont get to be stimulated!!!!!!

8banger
05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Hate to say it,,but holding onto most of it for those rainy days to come,,,which I believe are coming....I was cut to a 4 day week at work for a few months first of the year because we were slow..things have picked back up abit but I'm worried this fall its gonna be really slow again.... :(