PDA

View Full Version : I understand it's a public street

Black92LX
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
But is there a particular reason you feel the need to park in front of my house, when your driveway is completely empty and the spot on the street in front of your house is vacant?
Also is there a reason why you feel the need to park in the middle only allowing your car to be parked in the spot when if you pulled forward to the edge of your driveway 2 cars could fit there?

DeckerEnt
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I know what you mean. My neighbor, younger guy, parks his e-250 work van right in front of my house. It blocks my view when I am leaving in the morning. I know he doesn't have a driveway but he could at least park in front of his house and not mine.
Keith

BIGRED Z
05-06-2008, 10:01 PM
People are just generally inconsiderate. Maybe you should just tell him how you feel. Most folks try to do the right thing if it's brought to their attention.

I recently had to ask my neighbor to not leave their two very large, very loud dogs on their tiny deck while they went to work as they barked non-stop the entire day, for the entire week I was on vacation. By Thursday I had had enough. Since then, no problem! And I have quiet. :bigthumb

Timido
05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
When I was in College this guy used to park about a foot in front of our driveway all the time. We used to jack his car up and push it in the middle of the street. Most the time we would just hit it.

Mista Bone
05-06-2008, 10:36 PM
LOL, our neighbors would do that when I was growing up, so we put all SIX cars on the street, left BIG gaps, but enough your couldn't park there.

A few complained, then we showed them you could fit 4 cars where we had just two parked, no more issues after that :)

99Slobra
05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
i have found that nails usually help persuade this issues to go away...

bobtsgt
05-07-2008, 08:06 AM
you have a spike strip :D time for practice. that or get a fake fire hydrant and stick it in your yard and call the tow truck.

89notch
05-07-2008, 09:54 AM
you have a spike strip :D time for practice. that or get a fake fire hydrant and stick it in your yard and call the tow truck.

I can help you out with the hydrant :lol:

graysonracin
05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Id park in front of his house taking up as much of the space as possible. See how they like it!:evilgrin:

facemelter71
05-07-2008, 05:37 PM
When i was living over in colerain we lived next to a bar.Well on saturday night when the bar parking lot filled up they would spill over to my driveway,which was a county road that ended at my house.Well saturday night would come and i would be out in my drive way parking cars for money:bigthumb:lol:.Dumb drunk people.And if they didnt pay and parked any way,a 2x4 with nails in it works really well right behind the tire.

ADaughen
05-10-2008, 07:02 AM
My wife does the same thing if our driveway is full. :(

I ask her not to park on the other side, in front of the neighbor's, and I usually end up going out and moving her car. She does the same thing when visiting my one friend's. Just pulls up and parks where ever she feels like.

It is sheer laziness and lack of common courtesy. :(

NaomiDstangLvr
05-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Thats funny you posted this, it irritates me too! I have neighbors who do the same thing, I live in a townhouse, I can fit 3 cars in my driveway, unlike some others who can only fit 2, then park in the street, one across from me, I back up and almost hit the SUV. So annoying! :flipoff:

NaomiDstangLvr
05-10-2008, 02:37 PM
People are just generally inconsiderate.

I have to agree with you on that one! Its like they don't care about anything or anyone!!

untamed
05-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Give him a ticket.:lol:

Mista Bone
05-11-2008, 12:54 AM
People can't park, I should take pics of the parking out front of the house right now.

Four cars taking up SEVEN spaces!!!! I can understand the one neighbor, his extended cab pickup is long enough that even if parked right, your not getting the other car in. Yet the car is a little Toyota!!!!!!