PDA

View Full Version : N.O.S. on a 4 valve?

djom1cincy
05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Has anyone on here put it on a mach1 before or heard of it? Will the motor handle it ok? What would the cons be on a 4v? How big a shot would be safe? Someone was talking about buying a mach that had n.o.s. on it and i think someone replied not to with n.o.s. on it. Just wondering?

rogers
05-07-2008, 09:44 PM
i gotta friend whose got a 150 shot on his and he's not afraid to run it, but its not his everyday driver and he has a back up :lol: does run 11.30's though

Buckeye
05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
03 cobra swap FTW on those friend here in town just did it and made 440/395 on stock pulley at 7psi

cstreu1026
05-07-2008, 11:28 PM
I am not sure how the 4 valve intake works with NOS. On a 2 valve the intake becomes an issue beyond a 150 shot on a wet kit. The huge turn the air takes at the bottom of the intake cause the fuel to fall out of suspension and them BOOM! A dry kit with big injectors would work or you could adapt a NOS Noszle kit to the 4 valve intake. Going either of those route you would only be limited by the weak rods and pistons and the fuel system.

Waffles
05-08-2008, 09:04 AM
I've got a 100 shot of NO2 on my 96 Cobra 4v (different intake and heads than a mach)and it responds pretty well to it. I haven't had it tuned yet, so I run cold plugs to avoid detonation while on the spray. Also, the rubber boot inlet tube takes a big turn and just isn't designed very well, so I get some pooling in the intake tube with my wet shot. I'm buying the C&L inlet tube to take care of that. It's also got a pad that can be drilled and tapped for the nozzle.

Brandon Alsept
05-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Nitrous works great on a 4V. I would use a dry kit and up the injector that way you don't end up with fuel puddling in the bottom of intake manifold asking to explode LOL.

I would stick to no higher than a 150 shot unless you have a built engine that is ready for a lot of nitrous.

mach_u
05-08-2008, 09:24 AM
I never could get the kinks ironed out with mine so I got rid of it. I think it was a goofy kit to begin with but I have seen a whole bunch of guys on mach1registry running killer times with spray.

djom1cincy
05-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Nitrous works great on a 4V. I would use a dry kit and up the injector that way you don't end up with fuel puddling in the bottom of intake manifold asking to explode LOL.

I would stick to no higher than a 150 shot unless you have a built engine that is ready for a lot of nitrous.

I've got patriot heads and 39# injectors. I'm thinking about doing the nos or cams. If i do the cams i dont want to go to extreme. Cams are also going to cost 1200+ and then cost to install. Just trying to get the best power without supercharging.

Buckeye
05-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Why without supercharging? Boost is pretty cheap and it is not "always empty" like spray is.

02mingryGT
05-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Dj you got a three valve in that right? Not a 4V swap?

02mingryGT
05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Dj you got a three valve in that right? Not a 4V swap?

Forget it. I went and looked. Don't know what I was thinking.

Yknot
06-06-2008, 11:43 PM
The ultimate Nitrous System on a 4-Valve would be a direct injection system like the NOS Nozzle system.....unfourtunitly there is not enough room on the 4-Valve head to make it work. 2-Valve heads can run it, but 4-Valve heads are much taller and interfere. I tried my best to make it work, but the close proximity to the head kills it. There is also not really enough room on the manifold to drill and tap holes for a nozzle, something like a fogger nozzle or even a plain Jane one. The only chance you would have would be to install the nozzles on the under side of the manifold, there is room under there. Unfortunately it makes the system UN-User friendly. The 4.6L engine and 4-Valve version, do good on nitrous, it's just hard to get a good tune able system in place. I eventually settled on a fogger 2-stage system that injects at the throttle body, not the direct system I wanted but it does work well and cools the intake charge well. The 4-valve heads shoot straight down into the heads, so there is nothing to UN-atomize the mixture. My main thing was trying to ad void injecting the fuel mixture into the blower assembly, I wanted to avoid the possibility of a back fire clearing out my top end.