PDA

View Full Version : Gt Vs. 99 Cobra

Bluecrew07
05-07-2008, 09:08 PM
So i am completely against street racing, but sometimes it just happens. I was on my way to the Meet 2nite and i look in my rear veiw and what do i see coming up... White 99 cobra vert. I slowed down was gonna give thumbs up but he looked at me and we both had same idea in mind.

We both took off at same time he down shifted into 4th i started to pull ahead and got about 2 car lengths ahead and let off. We went again and i really pulled ahead. got to the Kellogg exit and went again. and took off for a third time i hit 120mph crossing over the bridge, he couldn't keep up so we both let off. He was cool about it and gave me the 'nod' and took off.

Was very excited i havent done that in a couple years

Black Horse
05-07-2008, 10:09 PM
120.....wet roads.....and you are proud of this?

Bluecrew07
05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
120.....wet roads.....and you are proud of this?
no no no it wasn't raining at the time. it was still dry out. i wouldn't have done it if it was wet

firestang70
05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Its been wet out all night. Heres a reminder. http://www.fomfracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396

Bluecrew07
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Its been wet out all night. Heres a reminder. http://www.fomfracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396

This was around 6ish it was dry out on 275. it was just one of those things dont plan on racing anymore just made me feel better, took the edge off.

and those pics wasnt my fault...

02mingryGT
05-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I checked the header on this forum and this is what it said:

StangBangerz Forums > Racing > Street Stories

So why give him a bunch of shit? You guys sound like Democrats since you assumed way too much. If it takes a village to raise a child remember it only takes one 500lb napalm bomb to wipe out the village. If you don't like street racing don't post in the thread.

Blue,

Good kill. Don't get caught.

Bluecrew07
05-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I checked the header on this forum and this is what it said:

StangBangerz Forums > Racing > Street Stories

So why give him a bunch of shit? You guys sound like Democrats since you assumed way too much. If it takes a village to raise a child remember it only takes one 500lb napalm bomb to wipe out the village. If you don't like street racing don't post in the thread.

Blue,

Good kill. Don't get caught.
Lol thanks. i dont plan on doing it again tho. im against street racing just kinda happened tho. I wasnt gonna be showed up by something i knew i could beat

Mike
06-04-2008, 02:32 PM
I heard a story about you and street racing...

IWRBB
06-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Blackhorse:

Until this site takes down the forum section dedicated to street racing, just drop the preaching, OK? It's a bit hypocritical of a forum moderator to rip on someone for posting about street racing when a forum exists solely for that reason.
"Street Stories -
We've all been there. It's not legal but it happens. Post kills here."

Either this site tolerates street racing, or it doesn't. By having a street racing forum, Stangbangerz.com shows it does indeed tolerate street racing. There are other forums I frequent where street racing stories are not tolerated and get deleted. Unless SBZ makes that change, take a hint from my avatar when it comes to posting about street kills.

This is one of the things that has always bothered me about this site. So many people appear to be "against" street racing, yet lots of the more well know members of the board are very open about racing on the street, even posting videos of it.

So what gives? Can we or can we not talk about street racing on Stangbangerz? I could really give a crap one way or the other, I very rarely do any street racing, and post about it even less. The 2 faced attitude about it on this site gets old though.

Mike
06-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I hope this site tolerates stracing, or I may as well just leave lol

YouGotJunk
06-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah no doubt. Just about everyone on here has streetraced in the past and really have no room to talk about people that do it now. It's pretty simply really, if you don't like streetracing or dont agree with it, stay the hell out of the street stories and you wont have to read about it. I agree that it can be dangerous, but if it's done in the right places and there's no traffic or other people around..then it's fine. I will be the first one to say that racing right in the middle of the city is a bad idea..and there's very few places that i'll actually race my car now just for the fact that I want to be as safe as possible and have plenty of room and so on. Look at some of the most respected people on here..and ask them about streetracing...i'll guarantee it may supprise ya on what they think about it. I bet over half of the people on the dirty dozen will streetrace if given a chance....

Black Horse
06-04-2008, 10:08 PM
OK...since you called me out on this, I'll speak my piece.

I have street raced....and still might under the proper conditions. BUT, its pushing the limits of shit that really bother me. I see folks do the light to light drag....fun for certain. But when you start topping speeds into three digits there is a problem. Do you know someone is not going to pull out on you? Is there anyone else around? Is the road clear and free of anything you may have to avoid? What will happen if you blow a tire or have a mechanical failure?

Its all about risk, if the two of you racing are assuming the risk without placing ANYONE else at risk, I have no issues. My concerns are what could happen if a child rides out in front of you on a bike, or some old dude pulls his Gremlin out of his drive. I don't want to see anyone getting hurt, or hurting someone else and spending the rest of their lives in Jail. Just use your common sense, the best part of valour is knowning when to say no.

Have fun on the streets, but meet up at the track to go real fast, they have (or should) everything to let you go full out safely.

I have some background that I won't go into, but I don't want ANY of you, my friends, to have an untimely ending.

For me, I get more thrills at the track...I worked very hard to get my competition license and I'll be dammed if I am going to lose it doing something stupid on the street.

Thats all I will say...have fun..do what you must....but please be careful...for yourself and those around you.

Now for some legal words....Stangbangerz.com does not promote nor condone street racing of any sort as it is an illegal activity. Bearing the rights of freedom of speech we allow people to speak. This site and those that own, moderate, administrate and participate are not to be held liable for the acts of others.

YouGotJunk
06-05-2008, 05:40 AM
I see your point Blackhorse and also respect it...there is alot of risks that you must take streetracing. Alot of the same risks are also there when you go to the track for instance; mechanical failure, something your unaware of on the track as far and fluids and so on that's not always seen, stuff wondering it's way onto the track (such as deer at E20 and other places) and also having to wonder how the guy next to you is doing and if he's keeping his car in his own lane or whatever. I agree that racing on the street is very dangerous..but racing on the track can be also. I've already had one VERY scary thing happen to me on the street this year..and I still dont know how I made it out of it, but I also had a pretty close call with the wall this year at Tri-state too. All in all...just be safe everyone..no matter where your at...always be aware of your surroundings and just use common sense!

JIMS SVT
06-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I heard a story about you and street racing...

I heard something also just a few days ago.

firestang70
06-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I heard something also just a few days ago.

So what did you guys hear?

RyanR
06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
So what did you guys hear?

That a crown vic pulled a black gt:lol:

Lt. Dangle
06-09-2008, 06:06 PM
That a crown vic pulled a black gt:lol:

Weird, I heard about that as well, something about a streetrace turning into a footrace...

:popcorn:

firestang70
06-10-2008, 12:07 AM
So wahts up with all this stuff Bluecrew. Spill the beans, the suspense is killing me.

RyanR
06-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Weird, I heard about that as well, something about a streetrace turning into a footrace...

:popcorn:

lol:lol:

mach_u
06-10-2008, 01:43 PM
So wahts up with all this stuff Bluecrew. Spill the beans, the suspense is killing me.
+1! Stop holding out! :tongue2:

craigels
06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I heard something somewhat similar to all of the above mentioned...

Craig

Blackballed
06-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I heard something 2.

Bluecrew07
06-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Hmmmm Interesting... wonder what everyone is hearing?

RyanR
06-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I heard you went to jail because you got caught streetracing and then tried to run.

mach_u
06-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I heard you went to jail because you got caught streetracing and then tried to run.
:popcorn::popcorn:

Lt. Dangle
06-23-2008, 10:40 PM

Welp, I believe the "slepr" has solved the case.

Bluecrew07
06-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Interesting...