PDA

View Full Version : Krav Maga

Black92LX
05-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow! Is about all I can say.

Took this class last night and it's serious business.
Defiantly the best workout I have had in quite some time.
If anyone is looking for a hell of a workout that could also save your life in a fight. I would highly suggest checking it out.
http://www.kravmaga.com/krav01.html

mach_u
05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I've been taking Chito Ryu for awhile now and I have been very seriously considering taking Krav Maga also. There is a place in Amelia I have been wanting to check out. Figured I'd wait until I get my basement finished up though. I already commit 4x a week to Chito Ryu and just not sure I can take any more on. Glad to hear you liked it! :bigthumb

cobrajoe
05-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I've been taking Chito Ryu for awhile now and I have been very seriously considering taking Krav Maga also. There is a place in Amelia I have been wanting to check out. Figured I'd wait until I get my basement finished up though. I already commit 4x a week to Chito Ryu and just not sure I can take any more on. Glad to hear you liked it! :bigthumb

what's the name of the place AJ?

I've taken both Song Moo Kwan and Shotokan. But have not been to either in a while. Let me know I would be interested. I know there's a place that teaches Kempo towards the end of Amelia. I would be interested in that form also.

Black Horse
05-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I prefer the MooGooGuiPan and the General Tso's Chicken myself...now THAT is a work out!

DeckerEnt
05-08-2008, 10:56 PM
From arm's reach out to 25 yards I prefer some sort of hand cannon. Get's the job done and lets everyone in ear shot know.
Keith

Sparky
05-09-2008, 12:24 AM
From arm's reach out to 25 yards I prefer some sort of hand cannon. Get's the job done and lets everyone in ear shot know.
Keith

Like they say, work smart.....not hard :lol:

Black92LX
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I prefer the MooGooGuiPan and the General Tso's Chicken myself...now THAT is a work out!

Krav Maga you would have to prefer some sort of Kosher meal. Like Hebrew National Hot Dogs. Or something of the like.
Krav Maga is Israeli and not a form of martial arts.

mach_u
05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Keith
I agree BUT I remember seeing a police training video when they showed the amount of time/distance required to unholster a gun while been lunged at with a knife and it was like 15-20ft or something. If somebody pulls crap up close it's important to be able to defend yourself in close proximity, something you can't always do with a gun. Just my 2cents. :bigthumb

what's the name of the place AJ?

I've taken both Song Moo Kwan and Shotokan. But have not been to either in a while. Let me know I would be interested. I know there's a place that teaches Kempo towards the end of Amelia. I would be interested in that form also.
I was kind of looking at this place: http://www.cincyata.com/. Not sure if it's any good or not though?

Black92LX
05-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I agree BUT I remember seeing a police training video when they showed the amount of time/distance required to unholster a gun while been lunged at with a knife and it was like 15-20ft or something. If somebody pulls crap up close it's important to be able to defend yourself in close proximity, something you can't always do with a gun. Just my 2cents. :bigthumb

I don't play with folks that have knives. They get one drop the knife. If they don't drop it and take 1 step in my direction. It's goodnight.

The time it takes for someone to close 25 feet on you is scary. We worked on that a lot in our defensive tactics.

cobrajoe
05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I was kind of looking at this place: http://www.cincyata.com/. Not sure if it's any good or not though?

yeah I know where that place is. It's walking distance from my house.

BIGHONKEY
05-09-2008, 03:31 PM
KravMaga is the "do what ever you have to do" military fighting style. Pretty tough.

I miss taking some for of martial arts. I took several years of Pancrase and BJJ (brown belt)and loved it. Fought in a few MMA bouts. Kind of got tired of allways being hurt or hiding a black eye ect...... Still would like to train a bit. I need to drop about 60 lbs. :)

mustanginky
05-09-2008, 03:56 PM
i need to take some of this stuff, just dont have the $. I'm a Correctional Officer for the Dept. of Corrections and the defense tactics they teach us aren't all that great. More like getting people to a restrained position than anything. I just don't see it as working all that well in a situation where force is necessary.

beentryin
05-09-2008, 05:45 PM
i need to take some of this stuff, just dont have the $. I'm a Correctional Officer for the Dept. of Corrections and the defense tactics they teach us aren't all that great. More like getting people to a restrained position than anything. I just don't see it as working all that well in a situation where force is necessary.

were you work at in the DOC?

mustanginky
05-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm in Kentucky. I work in La Grange (near Louisville, KY, one county north). Work for Roederer Correctional Complex. We get alot of cincy/florence/newport's finest. Usually a bunch of wiggers though.

mach_u
05-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm in Kentucky. I work in La Grange (near Louisville, KY, one county north). Work for Roederer Correctional Complex. We get alot of cincy/florence/newport's finest. Usually a bunch of wiggers though.
Did somebody say wiggers? :lol:
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L10862312.jpg

Black92LX
05-10-2008, 02:07 AM

Do you all use PPCT??

mustanginky
05-10-2008, 02:27 PM
we use what they call M.A.C.H. (mechanical advantage controlled holds). it's basically a system designed for law enforcement in an effort to gain control of an individual and get them into a restrainted position. it does seem to work well if the person isn't expecting it, but if they see it coming then it's trouble. I believe we should be trained to do other stuff. Where I work, we have no self defense tools (i.e. OC spray, Collapsable batans, handcuffs, etc...) so all of my self defense is done with my mouth or my hands. Or if the situation deems it necessary, my 2 lb kenwood radio. I haven't had to use it for that yet though, lol.