PDA

View Full Version : et streets

black90lx
05-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Has anybody ever had a set of Mickey Thompson ET streets that starts showing threads when there are still lines on the tires. The lines are still pretty deep on the tires. Should I call them and raise hell with them or is this normal? A buddy told me he had a set and the threads didn't show when the lines were gone off the tires.

craigels
05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Are these radials or bias ply? Where are they showing? How much air psi?

Craig

nskaats
05-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Could be due to over or under-inflation. Got any pics?

FWIW I ran several sets of them over 4 years without a single issue. When mine started showing bands it was always pretty even wear across the tire.

A05C
05-11-2008, 08:21 PM
could also be an aligment issue. like a toe in or out on the rear end.

does the car pull to one side or the other?

mustang8998
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
I ran mine, after the the lines were gone. I had, maybe 10~12 passes before the the cord started to show. Even drove it home from E2O that way (didn't even know they were that bad, until I looked at them later).

My thought is, you may be running them a little over inflated.

JASON408
05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I hade a good 1/16 left of tread left when my coards started showing the more street use you do the worse it gets . Spools are great for this since everytime you turn on of the wheels has the brakes on . Also burn outs kill them since they grow and just ride on the middle . Pretty much anything that not on a track with the air at low preasure and the tread flat

black90lx
05-11-2008, 10:22 PM
The threads are starting to show on the outside where the line is. I ran them with 20-25 psi. They are wore even across the tire. It looks like for some reason the lines in the tires go down further than the threads. I will get pics of them and try to post them up. They are the regular ET streets not the street radials. The lines are deep enough to stick a penny in them and it stay there. In my opinion they are a faulty set. My car doesn't have a spool it just has the stock carrier.

A05C
05-11-2008, 11:08 PM
run your hand across the surface of the tire... inside to outside and outside to inside.. does it feel easy to run your hand across one way.. but gets caught going th other way.. kinda like stairs

black90lx
05-12-2008, 03:27 AM
run your hand across the surface of the tire... inside to outside and outside to inside.. does it feel easy to run your hand across one way.. but gets caught going th other way.. kinda like stairs

No the tires aren't featherd or whatever you want to call it. They are perfectlly smooth. I am going to call Mickey Thompson tomorrow and raise hell. Maybe they will atleast give me half off a new set since these are wore about half way or just a little more.