PDA

View Full Version : runing like crud

orange93stang
05-14-2008, 09:12 PM
I ahve a 93 lx. It has basic mods to the top end, trick flow heads, BBK SSI intake, 24 lb injectors, 24lb maf, 255lph fuel pump, msd6a box, accel distributor. My delima is that I had a chip put in the computer and had it tuned. It ran fine for about 40 miles then when I shut it off and started it back up it wouldnt stay running and is running very rich. It seems like the longer you drive it though it calms down a bit, till you shut it off again. I have had the computer replaced and it has a piggy back chip in it. I have tested the MAF sensor and it seems to read fine, 10.8 on AandB, but it was checking -1.1 on C and D. I think because it was running so ruff. I have checked all the grounds and dont hear any vacum leaks. I would appreciate any help I can get out there, I want to drive my car.

shep
05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
might be dumb, but did you put better plugs and wires/cap/rotor in it?

NXcoupe
05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Sounds like an open loop issue in the tune maybe?? Or it could be a bad connection with the chip? when you get into problems like this, the possibilities are numerous. Did you contact the tuner? could be something he could fix quickly.

mustang8998
05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd contact your tuner first. I had cold starting issues after a tune and a quick trip to the tuner straightened it right up.

offrdjky
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Sounds crazy but my car was doing the same thing. With gas quality these days.... I had my engine run, only on fuel system cleaner, for about a half hour and it fixed it. Turns out it was dirty. I would have never thought it.

I ahve a 93 lx. It has basic mods to the top end, trick flow heads, BBK SSI intake, 24 lb injectors, 24lb maf, 255lph fuel pump, msd6a box, accel distributor. My delima is that I had a chip put in the computer and had it tuned. It ran fine for about 40 miles then when I shut it off and started it back up it wouldnt stay running and is running very rich. It seems like the longer you drive it though it calms down a bit, till you shut it off again. I have had the computer replaced and it has a piggy back chip in it. I have tested the MAF sensor and it seems to read fine, 10.8 on AandB, but it was checking -1.1 on C and D. I think because it was running so ruff. I have checked all the grounds and dont hear any vacum leaks. I would appreciate any help I can get out there, I want to drive my car.