PDA

View Full Version : why is everyone mourning over Ted Kennedy's health?

Sharad
05-17-2008, 01:37 PM
At best he was a murderous alcoholic. At his worst, he sodomized our government for decades. I'm not normally a vindictive person, but if he died and was buried closer to me, I may just dance on his grave. Is it because I'm mean spirited? I don't think so. It's because I love this country and I think he's been trying to ruin it for decades!

Flame on-

bobtsgt
05-17-2008, 02:11 PM
I'll dance with ya :D Its not like he didn't know what would happen if he drank for 40+ years.

DeckerEnt
05-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Add me to the list of dancers. There is at least one person who would still be alive if he wasn't such a pig.
Keith

Waffles
05-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Maybe just build a dance club on his grave? I'll bring the disco ball! :)

BIGRED Z
05-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I have mixed feelings about the drinking thing. Everyone knows the ill effects after years of boozing.

Then others say alcoholism is a disease. Like cancer. Some would argue that drinking is preventable, cancer isn't. Or heart disease, or diabetes...

I submit that cancer is preventable too. As are diabetes, heart disease. Eating fast foods, processed chemical laden foods also causes cancer. In addition to smoking, breathing chemicals in your job, not wearing protective gear while cleaning your house, planting your garden, etc, working in coal mines, industrial occupations etc. Drinking nasty unclean water (your tap water is filled with un-Godly crap), using flouride (a poison) toothpaste, consuming anything other than totally organic foods, and using other organic products.

Point being, if he was a good guy dying of cancer everyone would say, "Oh poor guy"...but since he drank himself to death everyone wants to point fingers and say, "He did it to himself."

But when people ate things they grew in their back yard without pesticides, and consumed meat and dairy products not laden with growth hormone and antibiotics...cancer was unheard of.

Don't be so quick to judge. :angel: Just as sure as he he digging his own hole with booze, so are we with Mc Donalds, processed foods, cigarettes, household cleaning products, the meat we eat, the produce we consume...I could go on and on.

Now, as for his character, screwing the public at large as most politicians do...yeah, there is a nice toasty spot in hell for those folks. So dance on.

347sc
05-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry but my mother passed from cancer, do not compare her to that piece of shit.
I agree with you Sharad.

BIGRED Z
05-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Sorry but my mother passed from cancer, do not compare her to that piece of shit.
I agree with you Sharad.

Oh God, I am so sorry. I meant no disrespect, truly. And the comparison wasn't meant to be between a corrupt politician and your dear mother. Or any others loved ones who have passed from cancer.

I merely meant to illustrate that what we can do to prevent alcoholism (not drink) is similar to preventing cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. (not smoke, drink, eat processed chemically laden foods etc.)

I am truly sorry for your loss. (And you will have noted my caveat on his character in the last mine of my post.) I just wanted to illustrate that other diseases are preventable as well by good healthy choices.

347sc
05-18-2008, 12:01 AM
I know there was no way you would do that on purpose or intended it to any one personally. Its all good.
I just have no compassion for anyone like him.

BIGRED Z
05-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I know there was no way you would do that on purpose or intended it to any one personally. Its all good.
I just have no compassion for anyone like him.

Cool, I did not ever mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I just meant it towards the general non-POS, non politician type POS alcoholic...

Still sorry about your mom though. I dread the day my parents go. I am independent, but love them so much. And thoroughly enjoy my time with them.

Greg Seibert
05-18-2008, 12:25 AM
But when people ate things they grew in their back yard without pesticides, and consumed meat and dairy products not laden with growth hormone and antibiotics...cancer was unheard of.

That statement is not accurate:
The disease we call cancer has been around as long as we have. Evidence of cancerous growths, or tumors, has been found among fossilized bones and in human mummies dating from ancient Egypt. The ancient Greek physician Hippocrates (hi-POK-ra-tees) was the first to use the word "carcinoma" (kar-si-NO-ma) to describe various kinds of tumors. Hippocrates noted that parts sticking out from some tumors looked like the limbs of a crab. The word "cancer" comes from the Latin word for crab.

BIGRED Z
05-18-2008, 12:37 AM
That statement is not accurate:
The disease we call cancer has been around as long as we have. Evidence of cancerous growths, or tumors, has been found among fossilized bones and in human mummies dating from ancient Egypt. The ancient Greek physician Hippocrates (hi-POK-ra-tees) was the first to use the word "carcinoma" (kar-si-NO-ma) to describe various kinds of tumors. Hippocrates noted that parts sticking out from some tumors looked like the limbs of a crab. The word "cancer" comes from the Latin word for crab.

I beg to differ. In studies of indigenous peoples such as aboriginies, various alaskan eskimo tribes, other peoples who "live off the land" and are not exposed to industry have virtually no reports of deaths related to cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc. They do not suffer from near as many diseases known to the western world.

In addition, eastern cultures have little deaths until they come to our country and begin to eat the food produced in the western world.

Most third world countries still fall prey to things such as mosquito bourne diseases and those related to poor water organisms, malaria, and parasites.

In addition, those crab like growths you speak of have been found to be realted to severe herpes like growths related to bacteria caused by herpes-zoster

In fact, many who have these growths make their living by appearing in freak shows and refuse treatment offered by modern day Harvard trained doctors because they make a living that way, despite the disfiguring deformities these growths can cause.

In other words, they refuse a curative treatment because they can make more money with their disfigurements than they could otherwise. Check out the Discovery channel. They do coverage of this regularly. It's quite pathetic.

Sharad
05-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Now, as for his character, screwing the public at large as most politicians do...yeah, there is a nice toasty spot in hell for those folks. So dance on.

Sounds like we're more or less on the same page... but still, comparing him to "most politicians" is like comparing jeffrey dahmer to most murderers. He takes screwing up our country to a whole new level.

BIGRED Z
05-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Sounds like we're more or less on the same page... but still, comparing him to "most politicians" is like comparing jeffrey dahmer to most murderers. He takes screwing up our country to a whole new level.

Nah....ALL politicians have a hand in screwing us. Some just hide it better than others. Or haven't been caught yet.

Just as Jeffery did, ( I mean hiding it) for a while. But he got his just desserts, as will the rest of the crooked politicians, whether in this life or the next. Which I hope is a firey pit of hell much worse than (if not in addition too) the daily sodomization current day prison life can offer.

03silversnake
05-18-2008, 02:05 AM
At best he was a murderous alcoholic. At his worst, he sodomized our government for decades. I'm not normally a vindictive person, but if he died and was buried closer to me, I may just dance on his grave. Is it because I'm mean spirited? I don't think so. It's because I love this country and I think he's been trying to ruin it for decades!

Flame on-

dont think i could have said better. he was a real pos.

Mista Bone
05-18-2008, 03:51 AM
one word........

Chappaquiddick

Good Kennedys get murdered, bad Kennedys get to ruin our government.

e5shea
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I have mixed feelings about the drinking thing. Everyone knows the ill effects after years of boozing.

Then others say alcoholism is a disease. Like cancer. Some would argue that drinking is preventable, cancer isn't. Or heart disease, or diabetes...

I submit that cancer is preventable too. As are diabetes, heart disease. Eating fast foods, processed chemical laden foods also causes cancer. In addition to smoking, breathing chemicals in your job, not wearing protective gear while cleaning your house, planting your garden, etc, working in coal mines, industrial occupations etc. Drinking nasty unclean water (your tap water is filled with un-Godly crap), using flouride (a poison) toothpaste, consuming anything other than totally organic foods, and using other organic products.

Point being, if he was a good guy dying of cancer everyone would say, "Oh poor guy"...but since he drank himself to death everyone wants to point fingers and say, "He did it to himself."

Don't be so quick to judge. :angel: Just as sure as he he digging his own hole with booze, so are we with Mc Donalds, processed foods, cigarettes, household cleaning products, the meat we eat, the produce we consume...I could go on and on.

Type II Diabetes is sometimes preventable. Type I diabetes is in no way preventable. I have two daughters that have type I. Nothing we could do to stop it, and no they won't grow out of it.

04 Venom
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
one word........

Chappaquiddick

Good Kennedys get murdered, bad Kennedys get to ruin our government.

I hear you regarding Chappaquiddick, but I gotta say that King George has harmed the country far more than Teddy Kennedy, or anyone else I can think of at the moment. Kennedy killed once, but Bush has killed and maimed thousands.

Waffles
05-19-2008, 12:16 AM
*rolling eyes* I'm not a Bush fan by any means, but that statement is absolutely ridiculous.

02mingryGT
05-19-2008, 08:00 AM
I beg to differ. In studies of indigenous peoples such as aboriginies, various alaskan eskimo tribes, other peoples who "live off the land" and are not exposed to industry have virtually no reports of deaths related to cancer, heart disease, diabetes etc. They do not suffer from near as many diseases known to the western world.

In addition, eastern cultures have little deaths until they come to our country and begin to eat the food produced in the western world.

I would say the Eskimos and aborigines are protected in some part by the extreme climate conditions which would probably kill most airborne diseases. Other than that I could believe it. Also I'd like to see the life expectancy for these Eastern Cultures and see if it's higher than ours. I doubt it.

Holly
05-19-2008, 08:05 AM

Good point Lori.

02mingryGT
05-19-2008, 08:05 AM
I hear you regarding Chappaquiddick, but I gotta say that King George has harmed the country far more than Teddy Kennedy, or anyone else I can think of at the moment. Kennedy killed once, but Bush has killed and maimed thousands.

:lol::lol::lol: Too bad you weren't one of them. Jackass. I have several friends who served or are currently serving and would slap your ass for making such a ridiculous statement. Typical liberal left absolving true evil (Al-Qaida). Again, I repeat, Jackass.

04 Venom
05-19-2008, 08:23 AM
:lol::lol::lol: Too bad you weren't one of them. Jackass. I have several friends who served or are currently serving and would slap your ass for making such a ridiculous statement. Typical liberal left absolving true evil (Al-Qaida). Again, I repeat, Jackass.

My son served and, fortunately, came back in one piece. Right back at you, jackass.

e5shea
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM

That's the biggest load of liberal nonsensical crap I've read on this site.
:flipoff:

Sharad
05-19-2008, 09:37 PM

you've lost your mind.

04 Venom
05-19-2008, 11:15 PM
you've lost your mind.

Really? Do you think it was an accident that Bush the elder did not invade and occupy Iraq during the first Gulf War? He followed the advice of his military commanders who advised against it. They realized then that Iraq would be torn apart by religious factions and Iran would become ever more dominant. Pretty much what happened, eh? Meanwhile, the Congressional budget office and the General Accountability Office estimate that the true cost of the Iraq war could reach $2.7 trillion, which includes the cost of caring for thousand of brave men and women who will never recover from their injuries. Who lost their mind? The federal government strains to find the $1.5 billion to pay for a bridge to replace the Brad Spence, which we now spend every 36 hours in Iraq. Who lost their mind? Your tax dollars at work. As my son said when he finished his military service, "wrong war, wrong place". Some idiot implied earlier that I insulted those who served; I'm insulting those who sent them there.

02mingryGT
05-20-2008, 08:32 AM
My son served and, fortunately, came back in one piece. Right back at you, jackass.

Well glad to see your son is more of a man than you. :flipoff:

02mingryGT
05-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Really? Do you think it was an accident that Bush the elder did not invade and occupy Iraq during the first Gulf War? He followed the advice of his military commanders who advised against it. They realized then that Iraq would be torn apart by religious factions and Iran would become ever more dominant. Pretty much what happened, eh? Meanwhile, the Congressional budget office and the General Accountability Office estimate that the true cost of the Iraq war could reach $2.7 trillion, which includes the cost of caring for thousand of brave men and women who will never recover from their injuries. Who lost their mind? The federal government strains to find the $1.5 billion to pay for a bridge to replace the Brad Spence, which we now spend every 36 hours in Iraq. Who lost their mind? Your tax dollars at work. As my son said when he finished his military service, "wrong war, wrong place". Some idiot implied earlier that I insulted those who served; I'm insulting those who sent them there.

As told to you by CNN. The only idiot here is you which you prove with every post. Hell you probably believe the government was behind 9/11 and George Bush has an huricane machine. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

AND you are insulting our troops. You CODE PINK bitches can't have it two ways, sorry.

P.S. who the fuck is Brad Spence? :lol: And why should the federal government pay to replace him with a bridge???? Typical liberal with his hand out.

04 Venom
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
P.S. who the fuck is Brad Spence? :lol: And why should the federal government pay to replace him with a bridge???? Typical liberal with his hand out.[/QUOTE]

Brent Spence bridge

Mista Bone
05-20-2008, 03:05 PM
"It's not a tumor"..........

.........wait........get a second opinion.

02mingryGT
05-21-2008, 08:28 AM
P.S. who the fuck is Brad Spence? :lol: And why should the federal government pay to replace him with a bridge???? Typical liberal with his hand out.

Brent Spence bridge[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know JFWY :lol:

Still my point is why should the rest of the country pay for a bridge for us? Give me one good reason. If you want money to pay for the bridge then toll it and capture the money from those that use it.

Anyway back to Ted and his tumor. Maybe it was the lake water he swallowed while he was killing that chick.

04 Venom
05-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Brent Spence bridge

Still my point is why should the rest of the country pay for a bridge for us? Give me one good reason. If you want money to pay for the bridge then toll it and capture the money from those that use it.

Anyway back to Ted and his tumor. Maybe it was the lake water he swallowed while he was killing that chick.[/QUOTE]

It's federal funds because it is part of the Interstate highway system. That's what the federal excise tax for gasoline is supposed to be used for. With the volume of traffic going across the river, don't you think that it would create massive traffic congestion most of the day if you had to pay a toll?

Gene
05-21-2008, 02:56 PM

Because I-75 is an Interstate Highway (i.e. FEDERAL ROAD) and one of the most important north-south shipping corridors. So why shouldn't Federal Highway funds be used to pay for the bridge?

BIGRED Z
05-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Type II Diabetes is sometimes preventable. Type I diabetes is in no way preventable. I have two daughters that have type I. Nothing we could do to stop it, and no they won't grow out of it.

LOL, yeah, I know. But did you know that most Type I child onset diabetics were precipitated by a virus? The virus affects the islet cells of the pancreas and detroys insulin production these cells are responsible for.

And Type II is almost always preventable.

Lori--------> RN

BIGRED Z
05-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I would say the Eskimos and aborigines are protected in some part by the extreme climate conditions which would probably kill most airborne diseases. Other than that I could believe it. Also I'd like to see the life expectancy for these Eastern Cultures and see if it's higher than ours. I doubt it.

Where did airborne diseases come in? :confused: I am assuming you know the diseases we have been talking about are not airborne...right? :confused:

MsBlkramair
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
LOL, yeah, I know. But did you know that most Type I child onset diabetics were precipitated by a virus? The virus affects the islet cells of the pancreas and detroys insulin production these cells are responsible for.

And Type II is almost always preventable.

Lori--------> RN

She knows everything!:D

BIGRED Z
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
She knows everything!:D

LOL, I wish. I find out everyday just how much I DON'T know! :D

Lori------RN sure, but still a big dummy.

02mingryGT
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM

Anyway back to Ted and his tumor. Maybe it was the lake water he swallowed while he was killing that chick.

It's federal funds because it is part of the Interstate highway system. That's what the federal excise tax for gasoline is supposed to be used for. With the volume of traffic going across the river, don't you think that it would create massive traffic congestion most of the day if you had to pay a toll?[/QUOTE]

To answer both you and Gene:

First I apologize for taking so long on these but the only time I'm on is in the morning at work. My division is moving and I'm getting a lot of worked dumped on me. It's actually pretty sad that the new guy can get around in the system better and is getting leaned on heavily instead of the people who have been here years. Makes since why corporates moving us doesn't it? Anyway I digress:

Following from Wikipedia:
(BTW, I don't really like using Wikipedia but do a lot just because it's faster so feel free to knock the source)

The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) is a division of the United States Department of Transportation that specializes in highway transportation. The agency's major activities are grouped into two "programs," The Federal-aid Highway Program and the Federal Lands Highway Program.

FHWA's role in the Federal-aid Highway Program is to oversee federal funds used for constructing and maintaining the National Highway System (primarily Interstate Highways, U.S. Routes and most State Routes). This funding mostly comes from the federal gasoline tax and mostly goes to State departments of transportation. FHWA oversees projects using these funds to ensure that federal requirements for project eligibility, contract administration and construction standards are adhered to.

Under the Federal Lands Highway Program (sometimes called "direct fed"), FHWA provides highway design and construction services for various federal land-management agencies, such as the Forest Service and the National Park Service.

Now reading that I looked into the proposed building and cost of the new Brent Spence and found this:

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/news/2004/12-02-04.htm

It's an old press release from 04. It states the funding would be roughly 55% from the ODOT and the remaining 45% from KYTC. I did not see any mention at all of federal share.

And now slightly less than 4 years later we have this:

http://thegatewaytothetruth.blogspot.com/2008/04/voinovich-targets-brent-spence-bridge.html

It appears the cost has now gone from 750 Million to 3 Billion. Really? in four years the price practically quadruples! Sounds like the pigs have made a run to the feeding trough to me.

Listen, there may be federal funds but it appears the federal government(Congress) decides where they should go. Along with that apparently if you use their money then some oversight from them is attached. Without looking at the various projects across the country where federal funding is needed and assessing each individual need then it's really hard to say whether or not this project deserves federal funding. To me any argument or what I would refer to as "crying" over not receiving Federal funding is the result of the "hand-out attitude" of liberals. You guys should be addressing your complaints to the ODOT and KYTC and find out why they haven't come up with a payment plan. At some point Mama bird(Federal government) kicks the young(Ohio, Ky) out of the nest.

Federal money is not ENDLESS. I would like to say I don't drive across the POS so I kinda could care less. But I do think that gives me a less personal view of funding than the people that do which is how this kind of stuff needs to considered.

Now so you have my reasoning on why federal money doesn't need to be spent on the bridge. In a lot of these threads you guys state an opinion and do not support that with facts. So here's your chance to support your opinion on why federal money should be spent on this bridge. I would suggest you do research into the other federal projects that did receive money and why the Brent Spence should be a higher priority. Good Luck.

02mingryGT
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Where did airborne diseases come in? :confused: I am assuming you know the diseases we have been talking about are not airborne...right? :confused:

I read that first bold sentence and made that presumption. I can see after re-reading your previous post that for the most part you were talking self inflicted or genetic diseases. I would like the add that chemicals are added for a reason, mostly to allow the food to stay fresh longer. If not for that then more would probably starve from lack of food or suffer from dietary issues related to the lack of certain foods(fruits, vegetables) if they weren't grown locally.

I would like to see a link to a study supporting the second statement though. Not saying it isn't true just I'm not taking your word for it. :lol:

04 Venom
05-22-2008, 01:13 PM
It's federal funds because it is part of the Interstate highway system. That's what the federal excise tax for gasoline is supposed to be used for. With the volume of traffic going across the river, don't you think that it would create massive traffic congestion most of the day if you had to pay a toll?

To answer both you and Gene:

First I apologize for taking so long on these but the only time I'm on is in the morning at work. My division is moving and I'm getting a lot of worked dumped on me. It's actually pretty sad that the new guy can get around in the system better and is getting leaned on heavily instead of the people who have been here years. Makes since why corporates moving us doesn't it? Anyway I digress:

Following from Wikipedia:
(BTW, I don't really like using Wikipedia but do a lot just because it's faster so feel free to knock the source)

The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) is a division of the United States Department of Transportation that specializes in highway transportation. The agency's major activities are grouped into two "programs," The Federal-aid Highway Program and the Federal Lands Highway Program.

FHWA's role in the Federal-aid Highway Program is to oversee federal funds used for constructing and maintaining the National Highway System (primarily Interstate Highways, U.S. Routes and most State Routes). This funding mostly comes from the federal gasoline tax and mostly goes to State departments of transportation. FHWA oversees projects using these funds to ensure that federal requirements for project eligibility, contract administration and construction standards are adhered to.

Under the Federal Lands Highway Program (sometimes called "direct fed"), FHWA provides highway design and construction services for various federal land-management agencies, such as the Forest Service and the National Park Service.

Now reading that I looked into the proposed building and cost of the new Brent Spence and found this:

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/news/2004/12-02-04.htm

It's an old press release from 04. It states the funding would be roughly 55% from the ODOT and the remaining 45% from KYTC. I did not see any mention at all of federal share.

And now slightly less than 4 years later we have this:

http://thegatewaytothetruth.blogspot.com/2008/04/voinovich-targets-brent-spence-bridge.html

It appears the cost has now gone from 750 Million to 3 Billion. Really? in four years the price practically quadruples! Sounds like the pigs have made a run to the feeding trough to me.

Listen, there may be federal funds but it appears the federal government(Congress) decides where they should go. Along with that apparently if you use their money then some oversight from them is attached. Without looking at the various projects across the country where federal funding is needed and assessing each individual need then it's really hard to say whether or not this project deserves federal funding. To me any argument or what I would refer to as "crying" over not receiving Federal funding is the result of the "hand-out attitude" of liberals. You guys should be addressing your complaints to the ODOT and KYTC and find out why they haven't come up with a payment plan. At some point Mama bird(Federal government) kicks the young(Ohio, Ky) out of the nest.

Federal money is not ENDLESS. I would like to say I don't drive across the POS so I kinda could care less. But I do think that gives me a less personal view of funding than the people that do which is how this kind of stuff needs to considered.

Now so you have my reasoning on why federal money doesn't need to be spent on the bridge. In a lot of these threads you guys state an opinion and do not support that with facts. So here's your chance to support your opinion on why federal money should be spent on this bridge. I would suggest you do research into the other federal projects that did receive money and why the Brent Spence should be a higher priority. Good Luck.[/QUOTE]

You're right, federal money is not endless, although both parties act as if it were so. My rationale for arguing for federal funding is thus. First, is a new bridge necessary? Is it important for reasons other than purely local concerns? I don't think anyone is saying another bridge is not needed. As to the second issue, it seems to me that the Brent Spence is an important link for interstate commerce, which is one of the main constitutional reasons for the federal government--to promote and regulate interstate commerce. That is the premise for my assertion that it is an appropriate use of federal highway funds. Which of many such projects are more important than others has to be decided by the USDOT in conjunction with their state counterparts.

Getting back to the endless supply of federal money. Bush vetoed the farm bill; the House and Senate will override with majorities from both parties in favor. He did the right thing for the right reason--it is loaded with earmarks. He should have done the same to the energy bill simply because the oil companies do not needbillions in tax incentives to look for sources of energy at this point. Until Congress gives the President line item veto authority, maintaining fiscal discipline is nearly impossible. Neither party will do this because both Republicans and Democrats, with a few exceptions, are addicted to earmarks. And we keep electing them. My beef with your logic is a simplistic statement that "liberals" are to blame for "handing out" money; by that defintion, almost everyone in Congress is a "liberal".

Here's some alarming figures. When Carter left office in January 1981, the national debt was $1 trillion. At the end of the two Reagan and one Bush terms in January 1993, the national debt was $4.2 trillion. After Clinton's two terms, the debt was $5.7 trillion. During Bush's two terms, the deficit rose from $5.7 trillion to $9.3 million as of this month. By the end of his term, January 2009, the estimate is slightly more than $10 trillion. During most of Bush's two terms, the Republicans controlled the house and Senate. So the "liberals" hand out money?--doesn't seem so. My point in all of this is that no one is exercising any control and the voters are content to allow it until the fiscal version of "$4.00 gas" hits us in about 20 years. I guess we're all "liberals", huh?

BIGHONKEY
05-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Back on topic: Ted Kennedy is cold as ice!! He kills bitches then he takes a shower and has a bit of a nap. Then "TK" as I call him goes to the police and does the paper work for the cops. Then once in office he drinks enough to fill the Boston Harbor with his piss. True Player that Teddy K is. :D

Just kidding F him up his extream left ass!!