PDA

View Full Version : 02 gt rearend cover

c4gt
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
i got a 02 gt and a few months ago the rear end come out so i take it to the ford place to get it fixd back in octber driving it yesterday i get out and see oil on the back of the car i looks under it to find my gear cover leaking oil which was what caused my rear end to come out the first time so i calls back to the ford place and askd him what was the cause of this and the dude said it was trash in it the first time and maybe a peice was still in there and may of got on the ring gear and made another hole ..:confused: does this sound right im going to take it apart myself this time and see what i can find any ifo on something i should be looking for

bobtsgt
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
they might not have sealed the diff cover causing the leak. Or over filled it causing it to leak out the vent. Did you old cover have a hole in it for the rear exploding or something? If they were to fix it they should have cleaned and tanked it all getting all the particles out before the rebuild. I usually use a bead of black RTV around the whole cover and tighten the bolts is a criss cross pattern. Fairly easy to do in the garage. Hardest part really is filling it back up.