PDA

View Full Version : INDY UPDATE!!!!!

69Cobra
05-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Just talked to the track and the main gate will be closed for the dragstrip as well as the black top pits on the east side of the track. We need to enter at gate 8. So if you take exit 16a off 74 which is crawfordsville rd exit. You will need to go passed the main gate turn left at the next road which is county rd 1000 and the first gate on the left is gate 8 this is where we need to enter. As far as where to pit I'm going to try and pit up behind the stands and by the black top loop and restrooms.

Kelly Pelrine
05-22-2008, 11:42 PM
good luck this weekend Kris!

69Cobra
05-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Hey thanks Kelly. Good luck to you guys this weekend also.

Kelly Pelrine
05-23-2008, 04:37 PM

PonymanfiveO
05-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey wish some luck over this way gang! I need it after the luck Ive had with this damn car the past month. :rolleyes:

All is good so far. Car is in the trailer and ready to go! :bigthumb
See ya in Indy!

RIXXX93GT
05-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Good luck to everyone. Were heading out at 9am.

cstreu1026
05-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Good luck Rick and everyone else!

MFIELD
05-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Just came in from loading up. I'm leavin around 8 am. See yall there.

Rich
05-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Good luck guys...I should be at the next one. Car is 95% done!

RIXXX93GT
05-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Just got back, someone post who won the final in Street stick!

PonymanfiveO
05-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Jason Brunk killed everyone once again!!!

MFIELD
05-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey Matt why were you guys headed back to the track?

Congrats Jason and all. Thanks for diner Rick

craigels
05-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey Matt why were you guys headed back to the track?

Congrats Jason and all. Thanks for diner Rick

Gene broke a halfshaft on the Caddy, so we unloaded the 05 and loaded up the Caddy... then everything went to shit.

Craig

MFIELD
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Gene broke a halfshaft on the Caddy, so we unloaded the 05 and loaded up the Caddy... then everything went to shit.

Craig

What else happened? I was wondering if you were going back for Gene.

RIXXX93GT
05-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Which car was Jasons? The red coupe?

12seclx
05-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Correct. red coupe w/ ground effects.

Who was runner-up?

That's really nice of Craigels to help Gene out... :bigthumb

RIXXX93GT
05-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I believe it was the guy in the black cobra that works at Interstate Ford.

69Cobra
05-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Craig,
Does Matt need help getting the truck today? I would call him but you can't call someone who broke their phone into a thousand pieces:lol:

Kelly Pelrine
05-25-2008, 10:32 AM

Craig

Oh shit was that you guys i passed on the highway on the side of the road? I saw the caddy on the trailer and another enclosed and another car in front so i didnt stop cuz i thought you guys had enough help.

Kelly Pelrine
05-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Jason Brunk killed everyone once again!!!

I passed Jason & Josh on my way home & saw the bigger WINNER written on the car haha. Congrats to Jason!

69Cobra
05-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh shit was that you guys i passed on the highway on the side of the road? I saw the caddy on the trailer and another enclosed and another car in front so i didnt stop cuz i thought you guys had enough help.

Yeah we had a party on the side of 74 last night

69Cobra
05-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Gene broke the Caddy so Craig, Matt and gang came back to the track to get the Caddy and on the way home we seen them on the side of 74. Matt's truck busted a tranny line (FREAKIN AUTOMATICS:D). So they took the trailer Matt was towing and hooked it up to my brother-in-law's truck and Matt tried to band aid the tranny line which worked for 40-50 miles and busted again. So I think Matt said "gosh darn it this thing" and left it on the side of 74 for the night.

Kelly Pelrine
05-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh damn now i feel bad i didnt stop :(

Other than that, how did the race go? Ours went very well! I think we were done by like 7, it was still sunny out lol. Only had one issue with an 8.5 car who had to get on the brakes hard at the top end which locked up his tires and he ended up popping both tires. He did get stopped ok but im sure was shaken up. Its a very short shutdown at Terre Haute.

ponymom05
05-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Only good thing about last night is I got to cruise my '05 back from Indy! Haven't driven it in a while. And with gas prices the way they are, I won't be driving it for a while again! Kris left out a few "try and try again" details, but everyone got home safely, Gene's car is back at his house and Craig & Matt just left to go pick up the truck.

Parker LOVED being at the track. Fortunately, he slept thru the whole I-74 roadside party!!

MFIELD
05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
That sucks guys, glad you got home safely

69Cobra
05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh damn now i feel bad i didnt stop :(

Other than that, how did the race go? Ours went very well! I think we were done by like 7, it was still sunny out lol. Only had one issue with an 8.5 car who had to get on the brakes hard at the top end which locked up his tires and he ended up popping both tires. He did get stopped ok but im sure was shaken up. Its a very short shutdown at Terre Haute.

Glad to here you guys had a good turn out:bigthumb

stkshkr
05-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Many, Many THANKS to the Storms for getting my car home. They went way out of thier way to help me. I won't forget that! I hope I can repay thier kindness someday. We have some great folks in UMTR and they are standouts. Hope Matt gets the truck home safely today. It was definately an "adventure"

sprayn93coupe
05-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear about that we seen you along side of the road but I had the same thought as Kelly.

PonymanfiveO
05-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped me out. Yesterday started out great then went to shit soon after the the track personnel took my bye run away from me. We just got the truck back to MD and now I have to figure out how to get my car and trailer back. :confused:

What a shitty weekend.

btw, I will never race at ORP again. Those fuckers will never get my money again. :mad:
It is unbelievable how poorly they run such a nice facility!!!

BUHBYY
05-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah we had a party on the side of 74 last night

Party thats good terminology LOL ???

Timido
05-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Where is the car and trailer party-boy?

69Cobra
05-25-2008, 06:15 PM
The car and trailer is

:smokin:MINE ALL MINE HAHAHAHAHA:smokin:

craigels
05-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Last night was interesting to say the least! In the end everyone got home safely and everyone's vehicles got to where they needed to be without further incident.

I think I jinxed Gene when he had some oil in the engine bay after his first pass (dipstick not pushed in to tube). I told him not to worry, I brought street tires and we could put his car on the trailer if we had to. Matt and I both lost early and were headed home at 8:30 when we got the call to turn around because he had wasted a halfshaft.

The two hour trip turned into a 7 hour trip when Matt's truck broke. Let me tell you that being on the side of the highway in the middle of the night is not the safest place to be thrashing on a vehicle... no matter how many flares and lights you have!

Thanks to Josh (announcer guy!) for contacting Indy State Hway Patrol for us!

After switching Matt's trailer to another truck we decided to leave it sit on I74 when it broke the second time. After dropping Gene's car off in Burlington, we finally ended up in Alexandria around 3:30 this morning.

It made for a long night, but I would do it again if I needed to for these guys. I don't mind helping people like Gene and Matt because I know they appreciate it and will help me when I need it.

Matt and I got up early this AM and took the gooseneck trailer to get his truck off the highway, thankfully it was still there! It is now safe and sound at work to be fixed this week.

I hope Gene can get his car back together for June 7!

Craig

BUHBYY
05-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Last night was interesting to say the least! In the end everyone got home safely and everyone's vehicles got to where they needed to be without further incident.

I think I jinxed Gene when he had some oil in the engine bay after his first pass (dipstick not pushed in to tube). I told him not to worry, I brought street tires and we could put his car on the trailer if we had to. Matt and I both lost early and were headed home at 8:30 when we got the call to turn around because he had wasted a halfshaft.

The two hour trip turned into a 7 hour trip when Matt's truck broke. Let me tell you that being on the side of the highway in the middle of the night is not the safest place to be thrashing on a vehicle... no matter how many flares and lights you have!

Thanks to Josh (announcer guy!) for contacting Indy State Hway Patrol for us!

After switching Matt's trailer to another truck we decided to leave it sit on I74 when it broke the second time. After dropping Gene's car off in Burlington, we finally ended up in Alexandria around 3:30 this morning.

It made for a long night, but I would do it again if I needed to for these guys. I don't mind helping people like Gene and Matt because I know they appreciate it and will help me when I need it.

Matt and I got up early this AM and took the gooseneck trailer to get his truck off the highway, thankfully it was still there! It is now safe and sound at work to be fixed this week.

I hope Gene can get his car back together for June 7!

Craig

Thats exactly what I said it sucks that it happened to two of the nicest guys in our orginization , what a night is all I can say I am BLAH today I am glad everything worked in the end , and Matts snack attack had me cracking up , I will never ever look at mustard the same :lol:

PonymanfiveO
05-25-2008, 09:04 PM
That was nasty, but gross enough to gag?? come on guy. :rolleyes:

I am paying for it today. Truck Stop food is the debil. :o

BUHBYY
05-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Dude it looked like vaginal discharge :flipoff:

MFIELD
05-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh thats just wrong!!

69Cobra
05-25-2008, 11:41 PM
:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::popcorn:

93cobra
05-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Correct. red coupe w/ ground effects.

the testarossa coupe...;)

sprayn93coupe
05-26-2008, 03:11 PM
The testarossa coupe yea thats me I have had those ground effects on there since 94 they seemed cool back then but they have kinda lost their flair. Oh well.
See everyone at the next race. Thanks to Josh and Wams for all the help without them the car would'nt even be to the track yet.

Jason

MFIELD
05-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Good job Jason. Who is the guy with the cobra you faced in the finals? Is he a member here?

BUHBYY
05-26-2008, 05:24 PM
He is a Dayton guy his name is Steve Braden solid axled runnin lil 4.6 , he is on KOS congrats on the win Jason !!! J&J force to reckoned with ????

outlaw85
05-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Hell Jason
We got to keep your car running if they only knew what all we did to get that car going this year they would never believe it. Great job MR. WINNER!

orangecoupe
05-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Great job on the win Jason! The STYN COUPE is running great!

sprayn93coupe
05-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Thanks!
I hope it stays together.

93cobra
05-27-2008, 05:54 PM
The testarossa coupe yea thats me I have had those ground effects on there since 94 they seemed cool back then but they have kinda lost their flair. Oh well.
See everyone at the next race. Thanks to Josh and Wams for all the help without them the car would'nt even be to the track yet.

Jason

i didn't mean that in a bad way...your car looks great man & even better your kicking ass & winning rounds. Congrats on winning!:bigthumb