PDA

View Full Version : Line lock for Fox

craigels
05-28-2008, 08:16 PM
What's everyone running for a line lock in their fox bodies? I'm looking for simple, semi quick install. I put a LL on the 05 that came with prebent lines and everything. It was very easy! Anything similar for the older cars?

Thanks

Craig

quik lx
05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Not really, all the LL soleniod kits (B&M, Hurst) are separate from the line kit (which requires you to bend all the lines yourself). Plus you have to pull the drivers front brake line off the MC and plug it because the fox cars have seperate lines going to each front brake, (usually requiring you to fully drain the mc to get a good seal on the plug) then cut it off and compression fitting it to a line from the kit. I've put 4 of these in now, and the one on my hydra-boost set-up on the coupe (like your '05) is WAY easier. Not extremely hard to do, but not as easy as the last one you did. Joe

mustang8998
05-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I did the one in my '89, without plugging the one port.

It looks like a maze, LOL!

fast88gt
05-28-2008, 11:24 PM
My line lock i put on my car was easy i call it the left foot lol

Jeff88coupe
05-29-2008, 06:45 AM
I used the Hurst one with there line/fitting kit....worked ok. You really don't need the line/fitting kit..you can just go buy a few short pieces of brake line with fittings already on them from the auto parts store.