PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Rods

PKFIRE
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm looking for a local machine shop who can cut aftermarket piston rod studs to size, install them, and balance the rods. I called BES but they won't touch 4 cylinder engine parts.

Please let me know

I'm over in the Fairfield Area so I'd like to find one fairly close.

Thanks,

mustang8998
06-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Try Performance Engineering, in Ross (behind Superformance). They work on all kinds of stuff.

PKFIRE
06-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks, I'll actually be across the street from that place tomorrow morning. BTW I found a place in Sharonville to do it also.

Mista Bone
06-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Who did you talk to at BES?

Tony and the other counter person never have any problems with the stuff me and Ryan take there.

Why do you need the studs cut? ARP's and be done.

PKFIRE
06-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Who did you talk to at BES?

Tony and the other counter person never have any problems with the stuff me and Ryan take there.

Why do you need the studs cut? ARP's and be done.

Your right about the studs. I did buy ARP and I was listening to someone on another forum and I misinterpreted what he was saying. The studs are at a perfect length and do not need to be cut. I compared the two last night. Here is what the guy was saying.

When you use new rod bolts you HAVE TO get them(the rods)re-sized by a machine shop. They should balance them while there are doing that if they are a good shop. DO NOT change the rod bolts and just put them to use, you will likely damage the crank/bearing. JUST FYI. Good luck!

I'm not really sure why they have to be resized. I just know I don't want the rod distorted when the new studs get put in.

I'm not sure who I talked to BES since it was over the phone and we didn't exchange names.

PKFIRE
06-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Try Performance Engineering, in Ross (behind Superformance). They work on all kinds of stuff.

I stopped by there today and they said they would install the Rod bolts and resize for 20 dollars a rod. Awesome place btw.