PDA

View Full Version : Beechmont Toyota

Blackpony
06-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm in the market to purchase a new car and I been interested in the Corrolla 09. I really like them and this would be my first import. So i stopped by there today ready to buy something I like. They had three left on the lot so we cut to the chase and talk price. The invoice had a no questions asked discount of 840 off so the price came to 19800. I asked the guy if there were any rebates his reply was that with the way the market has been there only offering a cheaper interest rate. Ok i replied but i'm not looking to finance i've got cash. He had said there was no discount and that they wouldn't make any money. I said are you kidding me. I want to buy this car cash out the door today.He wouldn't even come down when I told his I got an online quote from kings that was 18000 for the same car with a moon roof. Whats with sales men. I'm ready to buy and he just turns me away and says sorry. Fuck them. I'll take my money and go down the street

Gene
06-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't see the problem, except that they have a car that people are buying that they can make money on, and that they're not willing to give the car away.

God forbid a business and a salesperson actually want to make money on something. :rolleyes:

Paul408Notch
06-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Good luck getting any Toyota dealer to move much on price. They're not Ford or Chevy.

Gene
06-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Good luck getting any Toyota dealer to move much on price. They're not Ford or Chevy.

They don't move because they don't have to.

Why discount for one person if you can find five who are willing to pay full price?

The worst thing that the American auto industry has done is convinced the public that they are entitled to discounts and incentives on the price of a car. If a car is a slow-seller, of course you should be able to negotiate. But if something is desirable, then just accept that you may have to pay full price.

NaomiDstangLvr
06-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I always thought if you paid cash they'd knock off some of the price? Or do they make more money if it's financed?

kermit
06-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I would think you could get alot nicer car for 18000 than a corrolla

k062693w
06-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I always thought if you paid cash they'd knock off some of the price? Or do they make more money if it's financed?

The Dealership gets what they like to call backend money, It''s the money they make off of financing ( they get a percentage of the percentage the bank charges you) and money for extended warranties, and insurance..
So if you want the best deal finance it, and then pay it off before the first payment comes due. That is if your intention is to pay cash.

Yknot
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
You made the biggest mistake you can make in the car bussness.....while you thought it would be cool to talk paying in cash....to the dealer you are the one type buyer they don't like to sell to. As posted earlier, the dealer makes much more money on the financing and hidden fee's then they do on the actual car sale. Second, you thought you would get money off a very popular economy car, when gas is through the roof and demand is at it's peek....Wrong

Mista Bone
06-07-2008, 02:43 AM

Like 5-6 used Honda's getting the same or BETTER gas mileage.

BigBadStang
06-07-2008, 07:25 AM
This is why most dealers will pound it in your ass on the interest rates if you don't pay attention to the MICROSCOPIC print! They do receive more $ for selling those jacked up loans.

k062693w has the best advice IMO...just make certain there aren't any exorbitant fees/penalties for paying off the loan early. :)

facemelter71
06-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Or just wait till the last minute when they ask you to sign papers for them to check your credit for the loan.THEN break it to them.Oh wait dude,im payin cash.Now get out the money counter,ive got a lot of singles.:bigthumb

HDmstng
06-07-2008, 02:27 PM
That's a pretty darn good idea to get a better rate on the car via financing it and then paying it off right away. As stated above, got to make sure there are no penalties for paying it off early, not to mention any additional fees for loan processing, etc...

Timido
06-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I get my financing through my credit union and figure out a bottom line purchace cost dont forget to ask about what other stupid fees are being charged. I shop the price I want to pay if they dont take it I go up the road.

cstreu1026
06-07-2008, 07:09 PM

Yup. You have a lot of choices for that price.

cstreu1026
06-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I agree there is a lot wrong with the car buying process. I don't want to have to negotiate a price. Our Grand Cherokee had sticker price of about $40K but we ended up getting $8-9K off. If all parties can make money at those prices then why not just ask that price and not negotiate? I hate the games dealers play especially the one where the sales person is just the pawn for the sales manager. If the sales manager is the one negotiating the price then why can't I just down and talk to him instead of the "Let me ask my manger" bullshit.

The tips I would offer though are don't be afraid to walk away from the dealer without the new car, especially if you don't have to have it right now. It a Toyota Corrolla not a Bugatti Veyron. There is more than one dealer in town. Also arrange your own financing and when negotiating price talk in terms of the final sale price not the monthly payment.

BIGRED Z
06-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Paying in cash isn't very smart.

Ideally, you could invest that 18K and earn 10-15% interest while only paying 4% to borrow OPM (other people's money) and come out way ahead.

foxbodyfan
06-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah they also have to send something into the irs if you pay 8-9k + in cash. So don't be alarmed if you get an audit.

BigBadStang
06-13-2008, 08:15 PM
...and earn 10-15% interest...

you gotta tell us what bank you are using that pays 10-15% interest!

DeckerEnt
06-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I think the term used was invest. Not with a bank. The most intrest you will earn at a bank right now is like 4-5% if you tie up your money for 2 years or more.
Keith

BigBadStang
06-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but when you "invest", the earnings are referred to as a "dividend", or "yield".
Just was pointing out that the use of "interest" was misleading. No biggie...I get goofy like that sometimes. :)

Blackpony
06-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Paying in cash isn't very smart.

Ideally, you could invest that 18K and earn 10-15% interest while only paying 4% to borrow OPM (other people's money) and come out way ahead.

Part of the reason i'm buying outright is cause my credit is fucked due to my ex wife. Other reason is i'm not to convinced on buying someone else's problems with buying a used car. I keep my cars a long time and with a ten month old being driven around it just makes sense to buy a car i'm going to keep

beefcake
06-26-2008, 02:46 PM
My advice, although i'm a bit biased lol.

Main reason to buy new is because it's new, and has a full warranty. Downside is it's a car and it's mechanical and can still break down tomorrow.

Main reason to buy a used car is typically more car for the same money. Go with something that is 1-2 years old and still under the factory warranty. You can then extend that up to 100,000 miles, whether it be powertrain, bumper to bumper, or something in between.

There is no wrong way to buy, i've bought a bunch for my wife that are with 2 year of the current model. I've bought new ones too beacuse I had to have it lol.

As far as financing vs cash. I could care less as a salesman. I don't get paid off back end and I just want to move a unit. Can the dealership make money off financing. Yes. That doesn't mean your going to get screwed. 5/3 or Huntington cannot offer you a better rate than they can allow us to give you. But, sometimes we will have specials through the lender that is better than what you can get direct.

I have had many times, a customer said they wanted to use their bank. (First thing I always say is "you own a bank, how cool" lol, gets em every time). I simply ask if I can get them a better rate would they rather go that way. 95% of people will. So, if your bank is getting you a 6.5% rate, and I can get you a 5.7% rate, and make some money and you save money. It's a win win for everyone.

Now, I'm not saying there aren't dealers that will try to stick it to ya. But you won't get that everywhere.

I remember selling a Ranger to a guy 3 years ago that wanted to buy a Tacoma. He had the Toyota Ad with the $1000 of in his hand. They told him "Thats on the stock # in the ad, we can only discount this one $500." He said fine, just throw me in a stereo. They wouldn't. A Frikin stereo lol.

Toyota is very proud, and it's funny considering the had more recalls last year between the camry and corolla than ford's entire lineup.

Now, the gratuitous sales pitch. If I can help you with anything Ford Buick Pontiac GMC or Chevy new, let me know. I can do anything used.

If you decide to go with a different "new" make, i'd be happy to assist you with any questions you need.

beef
513-478-1965

BIGRED Z
06-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Yeah, but when you "invest", the earnings are referred to as a "dividend", or "yield".
Just was pointing out that the use of "interest" was misleading. No biggie...I get goofy like that sometimes. :)

Ahh jeez, let's not split hairs, you know what I meant! :rolleyes::lol:

BigBadStang
06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Ahh jeez, let's not split hairs, you know what I meant! :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah, you're right...I was just givin' you a hard time about it! :D

Damn Gurl...you been asleep at the switch? lol...that post was 2 weeks ago! :lol:

rmracing
06-27-2008, 08:00 PM
"Toyota is very proud, and it's funny considering the had more recalls last year between the camry and corolla than ford's entire lineup."

I have worked on Toyotas for years and I can say that most of the special service campaigns or as you guys call them "recalls" are due to Toyota being very concerned about customer satisfaction . They put out a s.s.c. on most stuff that I have NEVER seen a problem with or ever replaced the part in question for a problem until Toyota comes out with these s.s.cs . Yes it may sound bad to those that just hear on the web or news that Toyota has more recalls , but they dont understand the reallity behind it . Unlike many other companies Toyota is always looking on what they can improve and they pass it on to the customer.

SMOKE
06-27-2008, 09:01 PM
As a finance manager at a car dealership, I find this really funny!!! :lol:

SMOKE
06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I have had many times, a customer said they wanted to use their bank. (First thing I always say is "you own a bank, how cool" lol, gets em every time

Classic Steve Martin line, I use it now too!!! :lol:

SMOKE
06-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah they also have to send something into the irs if you pay 8-9k + in cash. So don't be alarmed if you get an audit.

Anything over $10,000 gets the tax form.

If you spend $10,000.01 - I have to send the form in. :bigthumb

SMOKE
06-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Buy a Focus or a Fusion... In case you didn't hear, Ford is now equal in initial quality to Toyota AND Honda.

BigBadStang
06-27-2008, 09:18 PM
c'mon...lol you ALMOST threw down...but you edited it!! WTF?!!

Allow me...

As a FINANCE MANAGER at a car dealership, I can tell you that I do get paid off of whatever I make on the "backend". If I sell you GAP insurance, Warranty etc... I get paid, and I make no apologies to anyone for making money on them. There is not a sign above our building that says "non-profit org". The problem is, people who think salespeople are just out to get them. There are some VERY successful salespeople in the car business, one of them happens to be on this board. There are also some good sales people who don't make the kind of money others make. I will tell you people in the car business are some of the hardest working people on the face of the planet, they put up with a LOT of bullshit from customers but they have to stay professional and polite when they would much rather tell people at times to pound salt.

And yes, most people who act like a hard ass because they have a pocket full of cash end up being the customers we make the most money on... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

beefcake
06-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Classic Steve Martin line, I use it now too!!! :lol:

yep yep

SMOKE
06-28-2008, 10:06 AM
c'mon...lol you ALMOST threw down...but you edited it!! WTF?!!

Allow me...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I typed all that and then thought I would take more of a "conservative" approach, but since you decided to post it for me... It's still the way I feel on this topic!!!! :lol:

Waffles
06-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree there is a lot wrong with the car buying process. I don't want to have to negotiate a price. Our Grand Cherokee had sticker price of about $40K but we ended up getting $8-9K off. If all parties can make money at those prices then why not just ask that price and not negotiate? I hate the games dealers play especially the one where the sales person is just the pawn for the sales manager. If the sales manager is the one negotiating the price then why can't I just down and talk to him instead of the "Let me ask my manger" bullshit.

The tips I would offer though are don't be afraid to walk away from the dealer without the new car, especially if you don't have to have it right now. It a Toyota Corrolla not a Bugatti Veyron. There is more than one dealer in town. Also arrange your own financing and when negotiating price talk in terms of the final sale price not the monthly payment.

It's all about the psychology of it, and trust me... they know what they're doing. I used to work at Steinberg's when I was in college, the used car lot of electronics back in the day. EVERYTHING was negotiable. Hell, we'd have a "sale" and put a red tag on something that said "$399 AS ADVERTISED!" right over the top of the regular everyday $399 sticker.

Most people walk away thinking they got a much better deal if they negotiate $8-9K off $40K than if they were able to buy it straight up for $30K. They sell cars the way they do because it works.

Waffles
06-28-2008, 01:32 PM
...my credit is fucked due to my ex wife.

Funny how that happens. Statistically speaking, women survive divorce MUCH better financially than men.

NaomiDstangLvr
06-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Buy a Focus or a Fusion... In case you didn't hear, Ford is now equal in initial quality to Toyota AND Honda.
I'd LOVE to have either one of those cars, I really like the Fusion. Looks sporty I think....

BIGRED Z
06-29-2008, 02:43 AM
Funny how that happens. Statistically speaking, women survive divorce MUCH better financially than men.

Where are you getting your info from? That is completely inaccurate. Most women fall into a lower socioeconomic status after divorce, whereas the man still makes his same income yet doesn't have to support the wife any longer.

mach_u
06-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Where are you getting your info from? That is completely inaccurate. Most women fall into a lower socioeconomic status after divorce, whereas the man still makes his same income yet doesn't have to support the wife any longer.
My experience with friends or family is that it is a two way street. The are plenty of succubuses that will take a man for everything they can and mooch every penny they can. Call me devils advocate but for every lady wronged in a divorce I can show you a man who got screwed over royally. I may be a little impartial because it took my dad a long time to recoup from divorcing my mom and she was the one that left. She left had had a nice place, good job, zero debt and meanwhile he was still trying to buy a place, support himself, pay off their debt, all while having half of his stuff gone!

Blackpony
06-29-2008, 04:47 PM

I don't know bout that. At the divorce proceedings i had to pay the credit cards that were in my name. However before i knew what hit me my bitch ex wife had racked up 4 grand in charges so the dick judge ordered me to pay back the debt. I remember saying what hello fucker do i look like i need a coach purse let alone 8 of them along with furniture and some other shit. Well i paid off the shit then got my attorney after the bitch and sued the whore for all the shit. I won all my money back along with attorney fees, lost wages and interest. Haha 4 grand made me 6. Thanks ex:AR15: