PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Clay City...

69Cobra
06-09-2008, 12:54 AM
So who all is planing on going to Clay City? I've personally have never been down the track but from what I hear its a hooking one. Personally I can't imagine anything hooking better than E2O:lol:

atbracn
06-09-2008, 01:35 AM
went to my first umtr race this weekened and had a great time:bigthumb so i will definitly be at clay city with my car and with chuck wagon

ponymom05
06-09-2008, 06:32 AM
If I find a bank to rob, we'll be there. This shit is getting waaaay too expensive. Damn fuel prices!

jlt2006
06-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Plan to be there as well. Hope I have a better showing than this past weekend.

Jeff88coupe
06-09-2008, 08:26 AM
So who all is planing on going to Clay City? I've personally have never been down the track but from what I hear its a hooking one. Personally I can't imagine anything hooking better than E2O:lol:

CC hooks pretty good when they prep it. I've ran there once. The groove is pretty narrow...sorta like tri-state. It's a nice drive threw the countryside on the return road back...you'll see what I mean.

outlaw85
06-09-2008, 08:33 AM
WE WILL BE THERE WITH ALL THREE CARS AFTER WE GET JASON'S FIXED!

69Cobra
06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
What happened to Jason's car?

MFIELD
06-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Broke both upper control arms, glad he didnt wreck it.

I'll be at CC hopefully with a few changes, I've got a busy two weeks

Metcalf Racing
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Their score boards were at the 8th mile marker last time I went and they just had a cone at the end. Makes it kinda hard to pedal somone

RIXXX93GT
06-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Their score boards were at the 8th mile marker last time I went and they just had a cone at the end. Makes it kinda hard to pedal somone

Good , maybe we can get everyone to run em all the way out now. We will be racing all 1320 feet right?

PonymanfiveO
06-09-2008, 12:31 PM

So your not going?
Thank God. :)

outlaw85
06-09-2008, 12:43 PM
69 COBRA:

Jason did break both control arms we allready have it fixed but I would suggest checking the uppers on a fox body they broke clean at the weld and these were not cheap ones. Once you really start looking at them it's no wonder they break. Of course we are all extremely hard on them launching above the shift point. The non welded ones like either wolfe racecraft or upr chrome moly series HD are the only ones out that are hiem to hiem joint no weld with a relocation bracket. Then you don't have to worry about it.

MFIELD
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Good , maybe we can get everyone to run em all the way out now. We will be racing all 1320 feet right?

Thats what I was thinking Rick. You going?

sprayn93coupe
06-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I'll be there

Metcalf Racing
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Not with a good 60ft and a good light. I like to lift

Metcalf Racing
06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
So your not going?
Thank God. :)
I just depends if I have to work. I just went and bought a fox body with a good 5speed so If I go you better be on your A game because I'll put you on the tralior first:popcorn:

PonymanfiveO
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Trailer you idiot.

you cant courtesy stage and you cant spell. a couple of the many reasons I wont run next to your monkey ass. ;)

RIXXX93GT
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Thats what I was thinking Rick. You going?

Its up in the air right now but I hope to see you guys down there.

RIXXX93GT
06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
By the way, if anyone likes a good hamburger just stay on the road the strip is on and continue south about 2-3 miles. When you come to a fork in the road you will see Wanda's place. They make some great food in there. Sit back with a cold Ale 8 and chill. They also have an awesome ATV park on that same road just two miles from the track.

12seclx
06-09-2008, 09:55 PM
That's funny you mentioned Ale8... I call it Hillbilly Mountain Dew but it's good... I plan on being down there myself but we'll see how the next week or so plays out... Ordered a new mass air meter from Anderson... It was like Christmas for me today... :lol:

RIXXX93GT
06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I didnt like it that they started selling it around here because I always loved an ice cold Ale8 sittin on the front porch swing at my pappys cabin. I spent a month of every summer with my Gpa in Clay City until I was 16. Funny how it always coincided with harvesting in the garden time or bailing hay time....LOL...My grandparents were great folks. Whenever I smell cut hay it puts a smile on my face. He taught me how to hunt for Ginseng in the mountains and I could make enough money to hit Kings Island on the way back home. Great memories for me.

69Cobra
06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Sounds like good times Rick.

Metcalf Racing
06-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Trailer you idiot.

you cant courtesy stage and you cant spell. a couple of the many reasons I wont run next to your monkey ass. ;)I don't need to courtesy stage or spell correctly to bust your ass. You won't line up with me because you know I can show you how over rated you really are:popcorn:

Hrod382
06-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Given the return road you can get your moneys worth and feel like you're in a SCCA race. Normally I have belts/helmet/neck collar/gloves off before I'm on the return road but there I'm still strapped in when I get to the trailer lol.

Clay City is a fun track, the people around there really get into it. It's always hooked well for me. I'm sure you all will have a good time down there, I always have.

orangecoupe
06-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I will be there.

atbracn
06-11-2008, 01:02 AM
I will be there.

congrats on your win, you guys are killen them.
i am the guy with the green and orange stripe lx with a turbo
maybe i can follow you guys up, i am over by kings island
brad

orangecoupe
06-11-2008, 05:50 PM
We all live pretty far east of you, I live in brown county 10 miles north of the river so we are going to meet at my place then go through maysville ky and take route 11 to clay city. Thats probably pretty far out of the way for you.

RIXXX93GT
06-11-2008, 07:37 PM
DO they allow beer in there for after the race? Thats a dry count you know.

Hrod382
06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
DO they allow beer in there for after the race? Thats a dry count you know.

I've been up at 5 something in the morning there with racing the next morning around way more trashed people than sober :lol:

One time the announcer was passing out a certain southern beverage and getting into it pretty hard in the booth, ended up falling off his stool about 3 in the morning when there were still a good 16 cars left in each class :lol:

BUHBYY
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I've been up at 5 something in the morning there with racing the next morning around way more trashed people than sober :lol:

One time the announcer was passing out a certain southern beverage and getting into it pretty hard in the booth, ended up falling off his stool about 3 in the morning when there were still a good 16 cars left in each class :lol:

Sounds like the tower will be the place to be :lol: good thing I am the voice of UMTR south :bigthumb

Hrod382
06-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Sounds like the tower will be the place to be :lol: good thing I am the voice of UMTR south :bigthumb

He's a champ... He was back the next morning at 8 chipper and ready to rumble... I think he got home at 5 that morning :lol:

I love that place.

RIXXX93GT
06-17-2008, 07:51 AM
What time do the gates open at Mt. Park on Saturday? Midnight mayhem is on Friday also.

atbracn
06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
What time do the gates open at Mt. Park on Saturday? Midnight mayhem is on Friday also.

they are also running a heads up street car race on friday:bigthumb

69Cobra
06-17-2008, 04:56 PM

gates open at 2 and time runs at 4.

RIXXX93GT
06-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Dang thats kinda late isnt it? I may just get in a little Friday night racing also.

Steves LX
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
I plan to be there

93cobra
06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
ill be there helping my father in law with his quick stick monza...

my cobra is back under the knife...engine compartment surgery = no holes = smooth & pretty.

headers are also being ceramic coated at the moment.

ive waited this long...no use rushing all the little details here in the end

problem is...im not really excited about the damn thing anymore...

if at anytime anyone wants 60K worth of new stuff for 45K let me know (only needs wired & plumbed & scaled)...at this point if the car gets finished 100% "calvelcade clean" "which it will in the next month or two"...a possible selling price would never be below 50K from then on out...

69Cobra
06-20-2008, 11:46 PM
problem is...im not really excited about the damn thing anymore...

Get the bastard finish, make an eight second pass with it (with a stick in it of course) and then tell me your not excited about it.:lol::lol:

93cobra
06-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Get the bastard finish,

i know, i know sorry im whining like a little %#$*&....:o

don't know about 8's....that won't happen...you mean 9's;)

8banger
06-21-2008, 09:04 AM
CC hooks pretty good when they prep it. I've ran there once. The groove is pretty narrow...sorta like tri-state. It's a nice drive threw the countryside on the return road back...you'll see what I mean.

Yes....LOL.....I remember when they had no lights at all on that return road and it was alittle ruff following it...Last time I was there they had a few lights there and visabilty was better...Watch how many R.E.Ds dragsters have running lights(fog lights) on the front.... :lol: .....

PonymanfiveO
06-21-2008, 09:37 AM
ill be there helping my father in law with his quick stick monza...

my cobra is back under the knife...engine compartment surgery = no holes = smooth & pretty.

headers are also being ceramic coated at the moment.

ive waited this long...no use rushing all the little details here in the end...

aw damn dude. thats stuff you can do over the winter! lets go bang some gears! I cant wait to see this car. :bigthumb

RIXXX93GT
06-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes....LOL.....I remember when they had no lights at all on that return road and it was alittle ruff following it...Last time I was there they had a few lights there and visabilty was better...Watch how many R.E.Ds dragsters have running lights(fog lights) on the front.... :lol: .....

No lights is one thing but who the hell was the dude on the drag bike always parking right at the bend of the return road like he was spectating? Ran off the road the first time, caught me by surprise. Anyone else see him sitting there?

craigels
06-22-2008, 09:35 PM
No lights is one thing but who the hell was the dude on the drag bike always parking right at the bend of the return road like he was spectating? Ran off the road the first time, caught me by surprise. Anyone else see him sitting there?

YES! Every damn time! Then his tow back vehicle coming straight down the middle at you!

Craig

MFIELD
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Me too, damn near fell of the side of the road trying to miss him.

93cobra
06-23-2008, 02:09 PM
aw damn dude. thats stuff you can do over the winter! :bigthumb

i know i know....i just want to finish it right & then concentrate on racing etc...btw...dude it was awesome b.s.ing with you guys down there...glad to finally meet you & don't be thinking about stealing that mongoose decade bike with brand new tires next race...:D:bigthumb

PaxtonDan
06-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Saw alot of you guys there,
I run Super Street there every weekend.
Silver vert mid 13's
didnt get my stick car done in time to play!
Hope you guys enjoyed the track and make it back next year!