PDA

View Full Version : startin to want more...

rogers
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
been thinking about swapping upto a 4v set up on my 04gt thoughts, ideas, suggestions... anyone...

cstreu1026
06-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Its not too difficult. The easiest way would be to find a complete donor car. A 99/01 Cobra or a Mach 1 would be the best choice there. What all do you have now? What kind of power is your car making?

junk89lx
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
so is the wife ready to go faster???because its much to fast as it sits for you:flipoff::) i will call ya tonight about 9pm our time

rogers
06-10-2008, 02:43 PM
eat me! :lol:

anyways i have the older b head set up and i know c head swap would be better but this is what i got and i didn't pay much for them i got headers and front cover need valve covers and a intake but been thinking maybe find the old kb for them instead no matter what i know its going to cost me id like to put a built high comp 5.4 all cammed out in it we just got alot of ls2 gto's around here they just get under my skin :lol: i can't handle em i know i drove a certain car that was making 600 to the wheels and i would love to get some where in that neighborhood

i know theres alot of ways i could go to get what i want and everyone has a opinion on what to do i was working on the 5.4 swap but that has stalled i really wanted a mach1 or a terminator when i bought my gt but i got a hell of a deal and we kinda bought it on the spot

rogers
06-10-2008, 03:08 PM
nevermind just got off the phone with fastlane here in houston, maybe i'll have it all worked out in the next few months

rogers
06-18-2008, 05:32 PM
well i will be doing the swap and it will be a 5.4 4v i'm going to make the headers and i'm working on a intake too... it's in a design phase... please stand by i think it is a shame the aftermarket hasn't showed larger support yet :confused: so hey anyone ever thought of ahh nevermind :rolleyes:

cstreu1026
06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
So what are you planning to use for an intake?

IWRBB
06-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Swapping to a 4V 4.6 or 5.4L is a big waste of money IMO. Build the 2V, get some good blower cams and heads, slap a KB 2.8 on top and put down 650+ on pump, 800+ on race gas.

Buckeye
06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
BOOST it is your friend!! Skip ALL the other bolt ons and go for boost

rogers
06-18-2008, 11:03 PM
So what are you planning to use for an intake?

well i have been fortunate enough to have a few good educated people around me to help out when the intake is done i promise you all will be the first to see it but for right now i have got to keep it under wraps (i own the company who is working on it enough said.) as far as the headers once they are finished you'll be able to see them too.

now the engine builder constantly tells me that i should stroke the 4.6 build up the 4.6 blower/turbo swap a terminator buy a mach engine blah blah blah i'm trying something i want i see an opportunity besides anything else makes my car just like the majority anyways.

now i have been in talks to a shop here in texas a few times and if i can gather up the right funds i'll be putting in their stroker crank too and really get some big cubes pushing the mod 5.4 to near 5.9 and with the resleave i could get 6.3 out of it but i'm working on just getting the first one done. hell they said i could get the engine done in a aluminum block too and i was pumped but first things first

what i was able to acuire is a engine that someone else ran out of funds on and i was able to purchase at a fairly cheap price considering the parts that i comes with i may sell the lv cams but i don't know the specs so we'll get them checked and may or may not use them.

i really feel like it will be worth it not everyone wants the same old engine and what is better than shoehorning in a engine that wasn't supposed to be in the car in the first place.

i think the tackling the intake and hood clearence problems and header isssues are the hardest parts secondly will be upgrading everything else to handle the stangs new found power. :lol:

e5shea
06-18-2008, 11:44 PM
2 words.....Weight reduction. I just weighed mine at 3135. F-bodies, GTOs, and any of the SRTs are not my concern. Its the vettes, Vipers, and Terminators that cause trouble; unless we're at the track, then it's my race every time.

rogers
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
i'll just continue on with what i'm doing i know there is muiltiple ways to achieve the power anyone wants but its how we all arrive at that particular point that matters so do a search on the swap and there is a small crowd building and no one is supporting that

rogers
06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
2 words.....Weight reduction. I just weighed mine at 3135. F-bodies, GTOs, and any of the SRTs are not my concern. Its the vettes, Vipers, and Terminators that cause trouble; unless we're at the track, then it's my race every time.

by the way what kind of shoes you running all the way around

e5shea
06-19-2008, 09:10 AM
At the track or on the street? Cheapy Sumitomo's. 245/45/17's up front and 275/40/17's in the rear. At the track, for now, the front's are the same, but I'm running 26x11.5 16 e/t streets out back.

Mike
06-19-2008, 10:35 AM

I'm a firm believer in wieght reduction. My Cobra is a different car with 200lbs off the front end...

When weight is taken out, EVERYTHING is improved.

Just to stir the pot, at the track it's your race everytime vs. a terminator? Wanna test that theory?

YouGotJunk
06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
at the track it's your race everytime vs. a terminator? Wanna test that theory?

:D I will!

Mike
06-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Lol. Come to Edgewater Friday night then...

YouGotJunk
06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Lol. Come to Edgewater Friday night then...

Cya there!!