PDA

View Full Version : shakes in neutral

Aweasel
06-10-2008, 10:24 AM
When I take the car out of gear and let the clutch out it shakes, mostly the shifter leading me to believe the clutch or flywheel may be the problem. Is this something serious or can this be a symptom of the clutch cable needing adjustment? The previous owner said they put a ram clutch in recently(they only had it for like 8 months) and I believe him because it has really good pedal and grabs hard. It just recently started, I've been driving it for over a month.

Aweasel
06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Also, it'll do it when I'm cruising slow-like it'll shake. I did a little research and have seen a bad trans mount could be the problem, it does make a "clunk" when taking off hard and letting off real quick. I was wanting to sell this car this week so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Aweasel
06-10-2008, 06:34 PM
nm, d-bag who owned it before me neglected to put in the bottom two transmission-to-bellhousing bolts, transmission walked out about 1/8" on the bottom making the clutch at an angle or something. put 2 new 12x1.75s in it and it stopped. that could have gotten bad

92BlackStang
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
yeah good fix