PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous help

Steves LX
06-15-2008, 09:14 AM
So right now I am running 125 shot with a Zex dry kit. I have been considering changeing my whole nitrous setup out with a wet kit. What is the biggest shot that I can put to this time amd time again without having to worry about blowing anything up? The mods are in my sig but just briefly on the block. It's a stock 302 block bored .030 (306), stock rods and Crank with ARP bolts and SRP pistons.

Timido
06-15-2008, 10:46 AM
I have a great luck with my Nx Kit.

Steves LX
06-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I have a great luck with my Nx Kit.

Thanks Tim it was nice meeting you last night. I appreciate your advise on the weight issue up front. I just want to keep it as stock as possible and not start turning it into a full fledge race car. I drive this thing everywhere to include to work everday since its way better on gas then my F150 is. I like what comfort I have right now with the car minus the roll cage. I drive this thing roughly 110 miles a day from my house to Loveland for work and back home. That 1 hour or longer each way everyday with comfort is nice. I do know a couple things that aren't helping me at all with my 60's are I still need to get my torque boxes put in and I am still running stock bushings out the rear. God only knows how old they are. When I put my steeda uppers in back over the winter the bushings didn't look super bad but I am sure just theem being stock is wasting a lot of energy along with the flex not having my boxes welded up.

92BlackStang
06-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Do you have forged internals steve ? If i had your car i would go 150 wet and leave it alone..

Jeff88coupe
06-15-2008, 09:20 PM
It should take a 150 shot with a safe tune forever. If you use head studs...175-200 shot if you want to push it a bit some times.

92BlackStang
06-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I run a 150 on a bone stock lx , runs good

Steves LX
06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Still runnung stock rods and crank. I am using brand new SRP flat top pistons which are forged. I dont have head studs. Just ARP head bolts. I am going to change out my bushings in the rear and weld up my torque boxes first and see how much more I can't pick up. If that doesn't satisfy me then its off shopping for a new nitrous kit and a SCT chip w/ a nitrous tune. I love the kit I have now. I really hate to get rid of it. I know there's somebody out there that has done their homework and has figured out which jets to use for this ZEX dry kit to run 150 shot. Even though the kit is 75-125. I just need to find that person and do a little research on it myself.

Metcalf Racing
06-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Heres what to do....... Leave the Zex kit alone and buy a wet kit and put it on too. Put 125 on the wet kit and take it and have it tuned for spray.. It will last forever and probably run 10's

92BlackStang
06-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Heres what to do....... Leave the Zex kit alone and buy a wet kit and put it on too. Put 125 on the wet kit and take it and have it tuned for spray.. It will last forever and probably run 10's

what he said

Steves LX
06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Well the plan is I am going to sell my dry kit I have and get a wet kit. I just talked to Zex and they claim that my dry kit is giving me all it can and I really need to go with a wet kit in order to see the real #'s. The car has to many mods now for the dry kit to do me any justice. I had MPH's up in Norwalk at Pinks All Out at 121 MPH. That should be low 11's and hell maybe even a 10.99. So we will see what happens after the switch.

YouGotJunk
06-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Keep the dry kit on it like it is...and just add a wet kit on top of it. Another 100wet shot plus whats on it would probably work real good! I'd give it a shot and then if ya dont like it..then sell it.

Steves LX
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
That sounds great in all but I would reckon thats just a little too much for a stock block don't ya think. I could be wrong but clue me in here if ya' know. I'm already putting down close to 300 to the wheels on motor. Not sure what the equals to at the flywheel. But I like my motor I have and after just dumping 2500.00 on it and driving it everyday of the week I really don't want to blow it up yet.:lol:

YouGotJunk
06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
I think as long as it was tuned right..You would be fine!! Hell I have a completely stock shortblock in mine. Stock block, crank, rods, pistons, stock bolts and all. Ask anyone on here...I have my car out almost every single weekend beating the hell out of it.

Metcalf Racing
06-17-2008, 05:02 PM
That sounds great in all but I would reckon thats just a little too much for a stock block don't ya think. I could be wrong but clue me in here if ya' know. I'm already putting down close to 300 to the wheels on motor. Not sure what the equals to at the flywheel. But I like my motor I have and after just dumping 2500.00 on it and driving it everyday of the week I really don't want to blow it up yet.:lol:
Hp is HP if your not going to up the spray why switch kits. Zex kits are junk but I'd just bolt a wet kit on top of it and let it ride:bigthumb

92BlackStang
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Id go with the dry kit like metcalf said , hell just to be safe, Put 75 hp jets in the zex dry and run a 75 hp wet kit thats only a 150 shot that thing would scream and get it tuned it would hold it with ease, i wouldnt worry about it blowin up just make sure you have a good safe tune...

todd86
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
If you want some secrets pm me. I've been in the ten's w/a stock 89 engine w/ the only mod being valve springs.

evil666stang
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
i sprayed my stock long block w/175hp , it was a plate (TNW) kit everytime i drove it and still lives to this day. i did have a timing retard box and some fuel upgrades

Timido
06-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I wouldnt want to mess with trying to tune 2 kits. I would run a good plate. Pull 2 degrees per 50shot. Read up on YellowBullet.com and Hardcore50.com about nitrous setups. Have a proper fuel system for the wet side. Get a fuel flow guage to set your fuel presure while it is flowing . I run a window switch on the ground side. On the power side I have a transbrake interupt relay, Fuel pressure switch, and a WOT switch. I have a wide band 02 that helps me tune my car.

trevnut
06-22-2008, 06:48 PM
get a nx wet kit put the 150's in it at let her rip

Metcalf Racing
06-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I wouldnt want to mess with trying to tune 2 kits. I would run a good plate. Pull 2 degrees per 50shot. Read up on YellowBullet.com and Hardcore50.com about nitrous setups. Have a proper fuel system for the wet side. Get a fuel flow guage to set your fuel presure while it is flowing . I run a window switch on the ground side. On the power side I have a transbrake interupt relay, Fuel pressure switch, and a WOT switch. I have a wide band 02 that helps me tune my car.LOL..You have 5 things to help your nitrous not work right:lol:

Metcalf Racing
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
It's like this I run more nitrous than anyone except maybe "todd86"(LOL) But I use more than one kit if I wanna go fast. It is easier to go fast tuning two small shot than it is to tune one big one. I've got two kits on my car right now. Nos dry kit plus a NX wet kit and it works great.

Timido
06-22-2008, 10:24 PM
LOL..You have 5 things to help your nitrous not work right:lol:

I would rather the nitrous not come on than have a problem. The nitrous is only on when it is between 4000-7000rpm WOT has fuel pressure and the Transbrake is off.

They seem to work pretty good. I look at it like quality not quantity. I dont use much nitrous anyway. Just a 100shot.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=stangbangerz&sitesearch=#q=stangbangerz&sitesearch=&start=20

Steves LX
06-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Well I am being told that the silenoid that comes with the Zex dry kit that I have right now can handle up to a 175 shot. So as soon as somebody can tell me what size jets I need for a 150 dry shot I am going to try that first and see if just maybe I can't put this thing into the 10's or low 11's. Zex which is comp cams wont tell me shit. They just keep saying they don't reccomend that.

Steves LX
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
I was just told that if I bump my nitrous jet up to 67 and keep the same fuel jet in that I am using for the 125 shot I should be fine. the fuel jet size for 125 is 34. For 150 shot the fuel jet size is 38.

125 shot 34/54
150 shot 38/67

Metcalf Racing
06-25-2008, 07:06 AM
If you have bigger injectors than you can run whatever pill you want on the other side. I have an 82 in mime that has been drilled. at most you'll max the solenoid

Metcalf Racing
06-25-2008, 07:07 AM
I would rather the nitrous not come on than have a problem. The nitrous is only on when it is between 4000-7000rpm WOT has fuel pressure and the Transbrake is off.

They seem to work pretty good. I look at it like quality not quantity. I dont use much nitrous anyway. Just a 100shot.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=stangbangerz&sitesearch=#q=stangbangerz&sitesearch=&start=20
I was just messing with you Tim:angel:

Timido
06-27-2008, 04:52 PM
You messing with me Um hum. Tune that Nitrous setup on the Dyno.

blacksn95
06-28-2008, 09:30 AM
man i had the same zex dry kit and i experimented with different jets and it didnt work the way that kit works is it blocks the return back to the tank and your fuel pressure spike to about 75 to 80 psi if you have stock fuel rails like me you will burst them at least i did lol also until it blew i i creeped up on it and it can only add so much fuel in relation to the bottle pressure so another way to do it i would have to agree with metcalf is to add another kit over top of what u have and put the small pill in the dry shot i have the jets that zex recomended but there is no exact ones its all experimental for the big shot with just the dry. I would just go to a wet kit you can peice one together for like 300 and take all all the guess work out of it.