PDA

View Full Version : Strut to spindle bolts.

DeckerEnt
06-17-2008, 01:09 PM
I am at the point where I am going to put my car back together. Picture me jumping for joy!!!! I have my spindles, V-8 fromt brakes, and my struts but have no bolts. I know I could just measure them but does anyone know the sizes? I stopped in at Ford and they are discontinued. Stopped in at Ky Motors and they want 7.00 each. I am probably go to tractor supply and grab some grade 8 bolts and nuts. I know TS doesn't carry anything metric so...Any help would be great. Thanks..
Keith

DeckerEnt
06-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I found out that the bolt diameter is the same as the a-arm bolts. I put one through the strut and figured the minimum length. Now I am off in search of grade 8 nuts and bolts.
Keith

kaik1969
06-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I found out that the bolt diameter is the same as the a-arm bolts. I put one through the strut and figured the minimum length. Now I am off in search of grade 8 nuts and bolts.
Keith

I use Grainger. They can usually get just about anything.

facemelter71
06-17-2008, 05:32 PM
I might have strut bolts.Let me check when i get home.Also,Lowes has a good selection of grade 8 and the metric 8.8 bolts in those sizes.

DeckerEnt
06-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Found em at Tractor supply. 5/8 x 2". Grade 8 nut and bolt 4 of each cost 3.05 total. I think she charged me for grade 5 stuff. Now I can start putting the coupe back together.
Keith