PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3

IWRBB
06-18-2008, 07:35 PM
So I tried it out. All I can say is it's fast. Real fast. IE is a slow POS in comparison. This forum is much faster on Firefox than IE. I'm not big on tabbed browsing, but oh well, I'll get used to it. I'm not planning to switch back to IE.

DL it here.. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html

mach_u
06-19-2008, 07:30 AM
So I tried it out. All I can say is it's fast. Real fast. IE is a slow POS in comparison. This forum is much faster on Firefox than IE. I'm not big on tabbed browsing, but oh well, I'll get used to it. I'm not planning to switch back to IE.

DL it here.. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html
I love Firefox - not 100% on how I like version 3 but just loaded it yesterday. I couldn't live without tabbed browsing though! lol EDIT: Will say I think it is faster though!

Pops Fun
06-19-2008, 12:16 PM
AJ turned me on to Firefox a while back.. It's great can't hardly stand it when I have to use Exolorer!!

Steve

Mr.Moontang
06-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Can't wait to go home and try it out!!!

PonymanfiveO
06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
just downloaded. ;)

mustangboy
06-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I downloaded it today and so far I am not all that impressed. It is my first time using firefox so maybe I'm not all that used to it. So what make it so great anyway, I'm definately not the most savvy computer person.

Pops Fun
06-20-2008, 07:34 AM
I downloaded it today and so far I am not all that impressed. It is my first time using firefox so maybe I'm not all that used to it. So what make it so great anyway, I'm definately not the most savvy computer person.
The thing I like most is the tabs... In one window you can have sereval tabs open ... Say you are looking for Generators. You can go have different vendors/sites lined up without having multiple windows open... and it is faster... AJ do the cheats/improvements;) you posted once for firefox apply to this version??

Steve

mach_u
06-20-2008, 09:02 AM
The thing I like most is the tabs... In one window you can have sereval tabs open ... Say you are looking for Generators. You can go have different vendors/sites lined up without having multiple windows open... and it is faster... AJ do the cheats/improvements;) you posted once for firefox apply to this version??

Steve
No FasterFox won't work with version 3 but I honestly think it runs just as fast/faster with the new version without it. :bigthumb

Black92LX
06-20-2008, 09:32 AM

for me it's speed and tabbed browsing.

mach_u
06-20-2008, 09:51 AM
for me it's speed and tabbed browsing.
IE7 has tabbed browsing but I will agree Firefox is worlds faster and does a hell of a lot better job of blocking out spyware too. :bigthumb

KobraII
06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I have FireFox 3 on my desktop, and it's a great browser. The first thing I installed on my desktop after I did a clean install of Vista was anti-virus, then FireFox, that's how much I love it. Now on my new Macbook Pro, Safari is king and I don't think I'll install Firefox on it. Basically the same browser (excellent pop-up blocker, tabbed browsing, good page load times, etc...)

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I won't use IE...if i'm on someone's computer and that's all they have, the only time i use IE is to download Firefox :D

Black92LX
06-21-2008, 02:10 AM
I have FireFox 3 on my desktop, and it's a great browser. The first thing I installed on my desktop after I did a clean install of Vista was anti-virus, then FireFox, that's how much I love it. Now on my new Macbook Pro, Safari is king and I don't think I'll install Firefox on it. Basically the same browser (excellent pop-up blocker, tabbed browsing, good page load times, etc...)

Safari has a wicked memory leak that bogs my computer down like no other.

KobraII
06-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Safari has a wicked memory leak that bogs my computer down like no other.
Really? I've been nothing but smiles since I've been using it

Black92LX
06-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Really? I've been nothing but smiles since I've been using it

if i close Safari after I use it it's no problem. But generally I never close it and it causes a wicked memory leak. if I come back after a couple hours and Safari hasn't been closed I will have to restart.
Other than that it's great but I don't want to close it after each use.

If you search Safari Memory leaks there is a lot of threads about it.
Seems to only happen when you leave the program open and not in use. Which I do frequently so I am affected by it substantially.

02mingryGT
07-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I've been using Firefox for about two years now. I never use Explorer. I always install Firefox on my work computer as well. I'm downloading Version 3 right now. .

beefcake
07-07-2008, 05:34 AM
i'll be honest, i tried it when aj first recommended it, it doesn't support all the programs i use at work, and i really didn't notice that it was that much faster

don't really see the big deal with it, jmho

beefcake
07-09-2008, 08:36 AM
this is why i don't like taking the time to use firefox,

i download the new 3 to check it out, seems fast i go to sbz,

then i try to go into my customer management online tool, not supported by the company that makes it

well, i can use i.e. for it, no problem

i go to our site, internetford.com

try navigating, it won't go anywhere, it's a flash site, i click on tabs, nothing

so now, i've just wasted 15 minutes of my day trying to figure out why it's not working,

the web is designed around i.e. always has been, probably always will be

i like to open one browser, go somewhere and it works, that simply doesn't happen here

beefcake
07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
okay, so i'm gonna play with this a while and not be so lazy, i found the ie tab plugin thing, added my CRM tool to the list, opened it up and it worked, and it did seem faster

so, i also installed flash 9, and now that's working

i swear i'm like an old fart, i hate change (cept for cars) so, i'm gonna check out some of the other installs, i saw the one to be able to download youtube vids and stuff and that looks cool too