PDA

View Full Version : 97' Cobra 150 shot vs. my 90' notchback...

12seclx
06-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Well, at the risk of getting b*tched at... I still felt like posting this because I'm happy and too excited to fall asleep... :coo1:

We would both be on street tires... So, I thought cool, I'll roll with that... I was going against a 97' Cobra w/ longtubes, x-pipe, catback, 4.10's, 125 or 150 shot, cold air, dyno tuned by Modular Depot...(420hp at the tires)

and he just happened to be on SLICKS.. So, we tried it from a dead stop and I couldn't hear my car AT ALL,,, he has flowmasters and I didn't get off to a good start to say the least.. Ended up getting spanked by 5-6 car lengths..

I'm wondering what to do so I ask him if he'll do it from a 2nd gear----30mph roll even though I strongly believe drag racing is from a dead stop... He agrees... We get out there... count them off... 1, 2, 3, GO! I pull out in front in 2nd by a bumper, light comes on, land 3rd, and I felt the car wiggle, *felt like it broke the tires loose for about 5-6 feet,* and he comes back even with me/maybe 1/3 car length while I'm in 3rd... light comes on, hit 4th and he nudges out in front of me... Depending where the finish was, I was about 4-8 feet from his back bumper... Damn! I really wish I woulda had slicks...

I pulled some fuel out of it before we raced and it feels better so I'm a little anxious to get back to the track now... I know he has ran 11.86 @ 114mph and I've been 12.00 @ 111.45mph...

OH yeah, I'm just running an Explorer/Junkyard motor w/ a speed density cam, heads never been off or anything, no nitrous or blower.... :rolleyes:

Never thought of it at the time but I should've said, best out of 10... Hoping his bottle pressure would run out on the 5th pass.... :lol:

leroy93lx
06-28-2008, 06:01 AM
Lay the spray to it! LoL

12seclx
06-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Well, as fun as that would be, I want to do it on motor... He made the comment last year that he wouldn't get beat by a "p-motor"... Next time, I'll slap the short belt on it and I'll have the 1.72 rockers on by then, and most importantly, I'll be on slicks..... :pump: