PDA

View Full Version : car just dies

phatford
06-28-2008, 10:21 AM
well i start my car and it runs good but once it warms up it dies. if you give it some gas it will stay runnig but i think it is the pro flow MAF so i was wondering if anyone had a mass air meter for 30# injectors if i could buy/ borrow it for an hour and see if thats the problem?

if thats not it i am going to swap out the msd

facemelter71
06-28-2008, 10:30 AM
When it dies,can you start it? When it dies do you have spark? Fuel pressure?

12seclx
06-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I was gonna recommend swapping out the tfi module but if you can give it gas and keep it running, seems to me like it's fuel related..... which the mass air has an effect on that....

phatford
06-28-2008, 03:39 PM
i got spark and i got fuel. i went through both msd and fuel pump today. my trans is at the shop so i am waiting on that. it will crank for about ten seconds and start up. i even drained the fuel tank and put new in and nothing still the same problem. so now i am on the mass air meter to see if thats it

stang5slow
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
my 95 5.0 does basically the same thing, its hard starting when its cold in the morning (3-4 a.m) befor work, an after about 10 cranks, it finally starts, and alot of times dies when im driving down the road, ive done tune up, spark plugs, distributer, rotor button, msd coil, or whatever, (not good with electrical in cars period) i think i got it all right, an it still does this, anyone know why??? o an i recently flushed the radiator an the car started running perfect for some reason, then started acting up again

zippy94
07-24-2008, 10:08 PM
check your grounds, Had same issues with my car. Finalily ran a ground from negitive side of battery to Block. -6 or -8 solid core wire. Before had to hold gas to floor to start And now just push clutch in and turn key like factory.
Had 2 ground straps on motor and-6gage from battery to block. Also with 50# injectors
How does the plugs look after it dies?