PDA

View Full Version : Great day!!! 1st place carshow, R6 tie and new Challenger

USMCPONY
06-30-2008, 12:53 AM
The day started off early as I washed my car for a carshow. I was suppose to go with my GF but she woke up sick so I went solo. I went to the carshow and there about 110 Mustangs. I even pulled off a first place in my class. After the carshow I picked up my girlfriend and we met up with my friend and a bunch of his friends with crotch rockets. After talking for about 15 minute we all left at the same time. At a stop light a guy with a stock Huyabusa and another with a R6 taunted me. When the light turned green all three of us took up off at the same time. The Huyabusa spun for a second a left us in the dust (No contest). The R6 took off pretty healthy and stayed next to me until I let off at 50 mph. I even spun a little when I shifted in second. Kinda excited about that. At the next light they continued straight down a country road and I turn right and turn around. About a mile down the street I slow down for another red light. When I came to almost a complete stop my girlfriend told me to look at the car next to us. I looked over and it was a new Challenger with 30 day tags slowly passing us. I must say Dodge did a good job with this one. That is one good looking car. I pull up next to him and said man you have to give me piece of that car. He laughed and the light turn green. I stay next to him waiting for him to punch it. He slowly accelerates so I shift into second. At 25mph he decides to go for it. I keep it in second dump the clutch and punch it to the floor the car spun and kicked side ways a little bit and once it caught traction I must of pulled 2 1/2 maybe 3 car lengths. The race ended at about 60 mph. I slow down to talk to him again as soon as he pulled to my rear bumper he turns onto another road. I figured they would be faster than that. But man the looks make up for it. The car sounded like an automatic but not sure. From what I hear all of them are going to be autos but Im not sure.

My car

2007 Mustang GT, Cervinis kit, Alloy with painted tungsten stripes, Polished KB 2.6L,, 60 lb. injectors, Kooks LT, Kooks catted x-pipe, Magnaflow catbacks, Eibach pro-kit, 20" raceline rims
467 HP/421 TQ

http://www.cardomain.com/id/usmcpony

banginstang07
06-30-2008, 01:00 AM
nice car man i saw your car at the show not too sure about the cobra bages tho... thats awesome that you beat him pretty cool guy to race you when he just got it

mustangjon
06-30-2008, 07:00 AM
nice day :) ... challengers are like 4100lbs hence the less than par performance, but they are sweet looking :cool2:

winner70ta
06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
That was a good day indeed! :bigthumb I'm with you about the Challengers...I heard that the ones for this year are all automatics but that you can get sticks for next year.

R825OH
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I got a question where were you on Glenway that the bikes turned off down a country road?????

Mista Bone
06-30-2008, 04:03 PM
I got a question where were you on Glenway that the bikes turned off down a country road?????

Where did he say he was on Glenway?

USMCPONY
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM

They went straight to a go to a country road. Im not how far they had to drive but the last thing they said befoe we left was lets go find a country road. I guess they just wanted a road with less traffic and a lot of turns. Sorry I should of been more clear.

R825OH
07-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Where did he say he was on Glenway?

In a different thread. I live over there so I was a little confused when I heard "country road" and "Glenway" in the same sentence. Good day though for sure:bigthumb Congratulations on the trophy!!

USMCPONY
07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
In a different thread. I live over there so I was a little confused when I heard "country road" and "Glenway" in the same sentence. Good day though for sure:bigthumb Congratulations on the trophy!!

Thanks for the compliment. I see your just down the street. I dont think I have ever seen you at though.

BUHBYY
07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
nice car man i saw your car at the show not too sure about the cobra bages tho... thats awesome that you beat him pretty cool guy to race you when he just got it

the cobra badges are part of the package :lol: all elanors are quote un quote cobras since they are based off the 67 gt 500 ?? hey shawn you still got the 93 ????

USMCPONY
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
the cobra badges are part of the package :lol: all elanors are quote un quote cobras since they are based off the 67 gt 500 ?? hey shawn you still got the 93 ????

I have two of them. Both of them are custom painted.

01CobraGT
07-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Im glad you put the mopar fan in his place. I met you at the car show,your stang looks bad ass. PM me if you want to get together or cruz somewhere on the west side. Semper Fi. :bigthumb

USMCPONY
07-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Im glad you put the mopar fan in his place. I met you at the car show,your stang looks bad ass. PM me if you want to get together or cruz somewhere on the west side. Semper Fi. :bigthumb

No problem I like to go to Quaker Steak and lube in Milford on Sundays at 5pm. Which car did you have? My friend just recieved his trickflow intake on hit TT 99GT so we are probly going to cruz this weekend. I will let you know.

01CobraGT
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I have a silver 01 GT with a few mods.:lol: I also won 1st place in my class. My plates read BAD 01 GT.

USMCPONY
07-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Awww, Yeah we need to go crusin.

USMCPONY
07-06-2008, 02:02 AM
I have a silver 01 GT with a few mods.:lol: I also won 1st place in my class. My plates read BAD 01 GT.

Are you going to Quaker Steak Sunday the 6th? Anyone else?