PDA

View Full Version : at my wits end here.....

Ohioace
06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm sure its just something i've ( and the other 4 guys i had look at it ) overlooked, but after buying a shortblock and using all my electrical/intake etc....... from my last motor that ran fine ..........i cant get the car to fire on any more than 4 cylinders.....i changed plugs,wires timing chain ( and gears ) had control module checked at autozone.....its an "x" block H.O 302 bored .30/over , small cam , heads from an '86 gt......cylinders 1, 2 , 6, and 8 have no fire or limited fire ( pulled all 4 wires and car ran the same with cylinder 1 giving a small shock everynow and then ) .......injectors maybe?? , but i just had this intake running on my other motor prob. 2 -3 months ago and was taken off and was put in the trunk of my car until i used it for this motor......whats the best and most reliable way to check for bad injectors??
any help will be greatly apprecited thanks

jfiscus
06-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Stupid question, but how bright is the fire from your coil? None of the wires are grounding out are they? Are you sure the timing is right for your cam? (5.0L & windsor cams are diff)

Ohioace
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
no grounding out, i've had the car timed for a 5.0 H.O......im gonna try the non-H.O timing and see if that changes anything