PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton spca

djom1cincy
07-01-2008, 09:01 AM
I picked this girl up from the hamilton spca sunday. The paper work said she's a lab but I believe she is mixed. They found her on the streets June 2. She' had to be someones pet before. She's house broken, kennel trained, knows set, fetches, returns the ball to your hand, When you go to feed her she wont touch her food till you give her permission. She's awesome. The girlfriend named her Sophie.

fst 5pto
07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
She is cute! Labs are smart and a ton of fun....

Black92LX
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
She's a cutie!!

I'd say she has some Pit in her from the looks of her Head, Tuck and Tail.

REDHOTGTGIRL
07-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Aw, what a cutie! Sounds like a good dog and I like the name.

95turbocharged
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
She's a cutie!!

I was thinking the exact same thing:bigthumb

BIGRED Z
07-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Good call on going black. They say black is the least commonly adopted, so shelters run specials trying to get people to adopt black dogs. She is adorable.

BIGRED Z
07-02-2008, 02:07 AM
Here is our shelter save, his name is Copper. He was found in a dumpster, emaciated and covered in motor oil and feces.

Stang 38L
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
She's a cutie!!

Thinking the same thing, looks like a lab/pit combo.

Cool doggie!

BigBadStang
07-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Anyone who takes a pet from a rescue, or a (for lack of a better word) pound, needs to be commended. My daughter volunteers at the Animal Friends in Trenton,( if she had her way, she would bring every one of them home with her!) and there are many, many wonderful pets waiting to be adopted to a caring home!
:bigthumb

djom1cincy
07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I know pits get a bad rep because of the way people raise them. If she is indeed lab/pit she is just the sweetest pit out there. Not a mean bone in her. My girlfriend who didn't even want a dog or like dogs for that matter is in love with her. I worked a one time night shift last night. She was texting me all night just loving how Sophie was behaving and playing. I get home and there both in bed sleeping. That was a big no no before we got a dog. My girlfriend is going to spoil the dog more than me. I just hope Sophie and the two cats get along when my girlfriend moves in next month.

Black92LX
07-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I know pits get a bad rep because of the way people raise them. If she is indeed lab/pit she is just the sweetest pit out there. Not a mean bone in her. My girlfriend who didn't even want a dog or like dogs for that matter is in love with her. I worked a one time night shift last night. She was texting me all night just loving how Sophie was behaving and playing. I get home and there both in bed sleeping. That was a big no no before we got a dog. My girlfriend is going to spoil the dog more than me. I just hope Sophie and the two cats get along when my girlfriend moves in next month.

Pits are hands the most loyal breed on the planet. They are great dogs and extremely smart.
My rescue is part pit and I love her to death.

k062693w
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Both of my dogs came from the Humane Society.. I wouldn't get them any other way!!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/k062693w/DSCF2969.jpg

Dipstick
07-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Good looking dog. We rescued all 4 of our dogs. Our 2 danes came from Harlequin Haven in Bethel. My Lab/Rohdesian Ridgeback mix from Dayton animal resource center and my DOberman came from Paytons Place in Columbus. Rescueing is the only way to go!