PDA

View Full Version : Got a few pics of the new ride

5.0calypso93lx
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
'94 GT with exhaust, intake, 65mm tb, 18" bullets, Steeda Tri Ax and some springs. Stock other than that.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/18716014455.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/18716014316.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/18716014330.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/18716014493.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/18716014392.jpg

Picked it up last sunday. Painted the front end and put the springs on it so far. Its leaking oil really bad from the rear main, so that will also be fixed. Runs and drives good, but isn't fast. The exhaust smells like straight fuel, and the car is getting piss poor gas mileage. I'm thinking the tune is way fat, so I'm gonna drop it off at CS here soon and have them put a tune on it. Its also got a driveline vibration somewhere, and I'm thinking the U joints may be bad, so I'm going to throw my extra aluminum driveshaft in there to see if that takes the vibrations away.

chris91
07-06-2008, 04:43 PM
So your the one that picked that up. That car actually gets damn good gas mileage for what it is. We drove to The Paddock out in Indiana and back and it only took like 3/4 of a tank. I never noticed a gas smell from the exhaust you sure it isnt the oil burning on the exhaust from the rear main, it does that when you get on it. I rode in that car many times. You do know the old springs werent stock right? And those are Tokico struts and shocks on it.

5.0calypso93lx
07-06-2008, 04:59 PM
So your the one that picked that up. That car actually gets damn good gas mileage for what it is. We drove to The Paddock out in Indiana and back and it only took like 3/4 of a tank. I never noticed a gas smell from the exhaust you sure it isnt the oil burning on the exhaust from the rear main, it does that when you get on it. I rode in that car many times. You do know the old springs werent stock right? And those are Tokico struts and shocks on it.

I've been babying this car for the past two weeks I've had it, since I found out it had the big oil leak from the rear main. I was extremely pissed about that. 5 minutes after picking the car up, I stopped at a gas station to get gas, as the car basically had NO gas in it. That's when I looked under the car to see oil literally dripping from the bottom of the car. I looked under the car before I test drove it, and didn't see any oil, but the guy also had a gravel driveway, so it was too hard to tell. It looked clean under the hood, but then again, gravity pulls down not up.

So I called the guy immediately and started explaining this to him and he started denying it!!!! The bottom of the car was covered in oil as well as being all over the exhaust, yet the guy didn't know it was leaking oil???? On top of that, when I test drove the car, I noticed a vibration in the driveline of the car, and when I brought that up to the seller, he tried to deny that as well!! He said, "I've been driving this car for (xx) number of months, and that has never happened to me....". VERY bad business if you ask me. I told him on the phone, that I'm going to take the car home, get it on a lift, check it out, and if its anything serious, I'm bringing the car back.

Turns out it is the rear main seal, exactly like I had though, but it still pisses me off that I have to drop another T5 trans. I just don't get it. Both of the last two cars I have sold in the past, the seller knew EVERY SINGLE thing that was wrong with the car.

Regardless, no offense to you man, but I think people want to think their cars are getting better gas mileage than they really are, especially in the times we are going through now. I've been through 3 full tanks of gas now, and all 3 times have figured the mileage to be about 12 in the city and 18 on the highway. This is with my babying the car and shifting at 2000 rpms's and running about 65-70 on the highway. The first time, I actually ran the car completely out of gas knowingly, and had a small jug of 93 in the trunk just so I could see exactly what mileage the car was getting and the fact that, the gas gauge reads an 1/8th tank of fuel when its actually empty.

I'm positive it's a fuel smell from the exhaust. The oil burning smell on the exhaust is completely different than a fuel smell. And its not because this car doesn't have cats. By green car has never had cats on it since I've owned it, and I have never smelled a fuel smell like this before.

I do realize the shocks/struts/springs were the bullitt setup, but those springs sat WAY too high for my liking.

O well, I like the car, especially once I fix all the little things that are bugging me.

chris91
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Ok well Ill tell you from my expierence with riding in the car at 110+ on our way to Knightsville,IN that nothing ever vibrated in it.

Going to Paddock and back was 260 miles. There was about 1/4 tank left when we were done. I remember this like it was yesterday because I was pissed because my car gets wayyyy worse gas mileage than that one and the only differences are Im running 373's and a A9l ecu.

I was told that he told you to bring the car back and he would give you your money back if you werent happy. Now what kinda salesman does that?

Edited for the edit above- Take those white faced gauges out and I bet that fixes the 1/8 tank problem.

5.0calypso93lx
07-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok well Ill tell you from my expierence with riding in the car at 110+ on our way to Knightsville,IN that nothing ever vibrated in it.

Going to Paddock and back was 260 miles. There was about 1/4 tank left when we were done. I remember this like it was yesterday because I was pissed because my car gets wayyyy worse gas mileage than that one and the only differences are Im running 373's and a A9l ecu.

I was told that he told you to bring the car back and he would give you your money back if you werent happy. Now what kinda salesman does that?

I don't know if it's the roads where you live or what, but this car absolutely has a driveline vibration. I noticed it the second I drove the car and everyone else who has driven this car since I've had it also notices the vibration. The car has 160k miles on it, its obvious the car is going to have some vibrations. Not a big deal, but when I brought that up to the seller, he got defensive. WTF???

Like I said, I've actually filled the tank up 100% full and ran it out 100% empty. You are going off of what you "saw" on a gas gauge that doesn't even work right in the first place. Not even a question there....

He did tell me that I could have brought the car back and gave my money back, BUT I also told him, I wanted to check the car out, to make sure it wasn't anything serious. The FACT remains, the car leaks oil, and the bottom of the car was SOAKED in oil. I took a rag at the gas station, wiped off the passenger side frame rail, and it was nothing but an oil soaked rag, not to mention, the oil stained h pipe. I called and told the guy this, and he said,"Well it never leaked when I had it". LOL. So that much oil just SUDDENLY leaked from my drive from his house to 32??? Get real....

But what's done is done. I'm going to actually fix this car the right way, so it will be back to 100% soon.

Edit: I just checked out the U-Joints in the driveshaft, and they are TOAST.

99Slobra
07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
did you at least get a good price on it?

5.0calypso93lx
07-06-2008, 05:25 PM
did you at least get a good price on it?

I did ok on it. I didn't stroke him and he didn't stroke me. I saw the car, I liked it, so I bought it. The mileage is high, but the car is in decent shape for the miles. I'm just an honest person, and I expect the same, especially when buying a car.

chris91
07-06-2008, 05:27 PM
So you noticed the vibration the second you drove the car? Why didnt you say something right then? Why wait until you already handed the guy the cash and left to mention it? Well the roads out here have nothing to do with it. We drove 260+ miles that day and Ill tell you right now it had NO vibrations. So I dont know what happened with the car but a week before you bought it they werent there. I know drivetrain vibrations too, Im having issues with mine. Did it become noticeable after you lowered it more? Because being that low will put more stress on the u-joints.

And what your saying about the gas gauge doesnt matter. Like Ive said already, we filled it up and drove all the way out there and back and it still red 1/4 tank. So with what your saying it only had a 1/8 tank then, which would be good for at least another 30-40 miles. So thats 290-300 miles to a tank which is not THAT bad at all.

5.0calypso93lx
07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
So you noticed the vibration the second you drove the car? Why didnt you say something right then? Why wait until you already handed the guy the cash and left to mention it? Well the roads out here have nothing to do with it. We drove 260+ miles that day and Ill tell you right now it had NO vibrations. So I dont know what happened with the car but a week before you bought it they werent there. I know drivetrain vibrations too, Im having issues with mine. Did it become noticeable after you lowered it more? Because being that low will put more stress on the u-joints.

And what your saying about the gas gauge doesnt matter. Like Ive said already, we filled it up and drove all the way out there and back and it still red 1/4 tank. So with what your saying it only had a 1/8 tank then, which would be good for at least another 40-50 miles. So thats 300-310 miles to a tank which is not bad at all.

Read again. The second I stepped out of the car after test driving it, I told the guy it had a driveline vibration. That's when he laughed at me and denied it had any vibration. I about drove off at that point. That was before I waved the cash in front of the guy. The car doesn't vibrate ALL the time. It does it at low rpm's and certain RPM's on the highway.

Tell you what. You can come have this old driveshaft when I get it swapped out for the aluminum piece.

What I'm saying about the gas gauge doesn't matter, yet it DOESN'T work correctly and your going off of eyeballing a BROKEN gauge? LOL. There's no point in arguing this either way man...

chris91
07-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Shit Ill take that driveshaft. New U-Joints are 17 bucks. But seriously you say you almost walked away then why didnt you? If the leak was that bad then why didnt you or your buddy see it when you were on your hands and knees looking around the car at his house?

The gauge isnt broken, you yourself just said you ran it out and it red 1/8 tank. Ever take into consideration the white faced gauges arent letting it drop all the way like you were told from the seller and someone else on this very board that used to own that car? Either way I know from the drive that it wasnt getting THAT bad of gas mileage, we werent exactly doing the speed limit out there and it still didnt take a full tank of gas, working gauge or not. Fact remains, he told you to bring it back and hed give you your cash back. If he wanted to screw you he wouldnt have offered your money back.

5.0calypso93lx
07-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Shit Ill take that driveshaft. New U-Joints are 17 bucks. But seriously you say you almost walked away then why didnt you? If the leak was that bad then why didnt you or your buddy see it when you were on your hands and knees looking around the car at his house?

The gauge isnt broken, you yourself just said you ran it out and it red 1/8 tank. Ever take into consideration the white faced gauges arent letting it drop all the way like you were told from the seller and someone else on this very board that used to own that car? Either way I know from the drive that it wasnt getting THAT bad of gas mileage, we werent exactly doing the speed limit out there and it still didnt take a full tank of gas, working gauge or not. Fact remains, he told you to bring it back and hed give you your cash back. If he wanted to screw you he wouldnt have offered your money back.

Ugh... this is pointless. Every question you just asked me has already been answered.

chris91
07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
You never said anything in this thread about looking at the bottom of the car while at his house. You said you did AFTER you bought it. You also didnt say anything about them telling you about the gas gauge.

Your trying to make the seller look shady when its actually your own fault for not overlooking the car better. Im sorry but if it leaked as bad as you say you wouldve noticed when you got on your hands and knees to look under it at his house. The car sat like a damn 4x4 before you lowered it, I know I have the old wheels off it and helped install the 18's in my garage and made fun of him daily for the 4x4 look. You got a good deal on a clean car with nice parts on it. Now throw the new rear main and driveshaft in it and call it a day and have a nice ass SN.

Rick93coupe
07-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey Chris, go back and read the first post. It really looks like your trying to induce some sort of argument. The first post was only about facts until you started trying to dispute the flaws he found with the car. You didn't sell him the car, so what the hells your deal?

04comporangegt
07-06-2008, 06:58 PM
That's when I looked under the car to see oil literally dripping from the bottom of the car. I looked under the car before I test drove it, and didn't see any oil, but the guy also had a gravel driveway, so it was too hard to tell. It looked clean under the hood, but then again, gravity pulls down not up.

Not trying to start anything but it looks to me like he looked under it at the guys house......

chris91
07-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Rick he bought it from a good friend of mine. I wasnt trying to start anything with my first post. Just telling him what I thought about the problems. He then posts how the seller denied this and that and how he was a VERY bad seller, when that wasnt the truth at all. He was told how it had a oil leak, he was told about the gas gauge, the vibration was non existant except for the minor vibrations you feel from the aluminum bushings in the front and rear control arms and the motor and tranny mounts. They even discussed the bushings and shit when he was there buying it. I posted on behalf of my buddy that cant log on due to login problems that I emailed the admin about weeks ago. So your saying you wouldnt have posted back after someone says one of your friends is a bad seller and you know thats not the case?:rolleyes:

And 04comp I know he looked under it at dude's house, I was saying if he looked at it good enough he wouldve noticed a leak if it was as bad as he says. Also if the leak was that bad why did he paint the bumper, spoiler, fender, AND lower it before fixing the oil leak?:rolleyes:

winner70ta
07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Guys, just reading through the posts here and just something that he may check on for the vibration. Those cars have the harmonic balancer that was made with the hard rubber. Those tend to dry out, crack and lose chunks over the years and will cause a vibration. I know that a bud of mine had to replace his and a friend of his also had that happen. Maybe something easy to check on.
Nice looking car though :bigthumb

chris91
07-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I also had that happen to me. Another good thing to check since the car does have almost 160k miles on it.:bigthumb

mustang8998
07-06-2008, 09:48 PM
All the bickering aside, it is a nice looking car James.

BTW, does your girlfriend still work at ABP, or did she get a different car?

satan jamez
07-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet looking car! Now delete that spoiler :bigthumb

kennebellcobra
07-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Looks good :bigthumb Check the hose going to your fp regulator for fuel in it...I've seen the regulators go bad and do that many times.

Rick93coupe
07-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Looks good :bigthumb Check the hose going to your fp regulator for fuel in it...I've seen the regulators go bad and do that many times.

Good point, diaphragm may be bad. Next time you shut if off, pull the hose and check for fuel in the line. Should be dry.

5.0calypso93lx
07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys. I was NEVER told the car had an oil leak. In fact, when I pointed it out on the phone, the seller DENIED it was leaking while I was standing there watching it leak. The last thing I'm going to say about the seller topic, is that when I sell a car, the buyer knows EVERY single problem with the car. Go look at any of my ads, and you will see how detailed my "problem" section is.

I will also check the balancer and the FPR tomorrow evening and let you know what I find guys. Thanks for the tips!

5.0calypso93lx
07-07-2008, 12:05 AM
All the bickering aside, it is a nice looking car James.

BTW, does your girlfriend still work at ABP, or did she get a different car?

Thanks Jeff. We actually split up a while ago, but are still very close friends. She no longer works there. If you need a hook-up, call and ask for Brad Gruber. He's a fellow banger, but I haven't seen him post in months.

PaulFiveOh
07-07-2008, 12:12 AM
We actually split up a while ago, but are still very close friends. She no longer works there.
If you need a hook-up, call and ask for Brad Gruber.

Wouldn't we call your ex-girlfriend if we wanted to hook up, instead of this Brad guy? I mean, call me traditional and all but...

5.0calypso93lx
07-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Wouldn't we call your ex-girlfriend if we wanted to hook up, instead of this Brad guy? I mean, call me traditional and all but...

I'm assuming your joking, but you'll have to talk to her b/f :lol: I do see how that sounds now, and its even more funny :lol:

iceman1234t
07-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Just to kinda give you an idea... My cobra had a vibration similar to yours... i thought it was the driveshaft also so i put in an aluminum one, but it didnt fix the problem... But it turned out it was the dampner up front... It was almost out... check that too...

PaulFiveOh
07-07-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm assuming your joking, but you'll have to talk to her b/f :lol: I do see how that sounds now, and its even more funny :lol:

Heh Heh yea I hear ya.:D

RACEME
07-07-2008, 05:29 AM
It is a pretty common problem for 94/95 cars to have the fuel lines start leaking in the engine compartment. take a look at this link.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=897629

Chunk94GT
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I had alot of the same problems out of my 94 that you have said. Mine vibrated really bad above 80 on the highway and i replaced the driveshaft and still had a slight vibration. If you start it it and look at the balancer from the side you will be able to tell if that is what is bad (will wabble side to side or front to back technically) i had spun it and fix the vibration. On the oil leak i replaced the rear main and still had a leak and it turns out that something was bad on the oil pan gaskets and they leak from all around it. The gas smell is one of the high pressure lines. the one that goes into the front of the pass side fuel rail leaked on mine. If you throw a fuel psi gauge on it, it will lose all psi after sitting for a couple of hours, or hesitate to start. Anyways looks good and what springs did you put on it im looking for a different set for mine

-Josh