PDA

View Full Version : In need of some help...

NaomiDstangLvr
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
We were wondering if there was any Stangbangerz in Amelia or Eastgate area that is good with engine vacuum leaks willing to help my husband, Chad (chadomac)? Willing to come to our house and help with the Mustang, so we can get this beast on the road and just the cosmetic work left to do! Anyone's help would be GREATLY appreciated!

NaomiDstangLvr
07-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Anybody willing to help?!? :(

mustang8998
07-12-2008, 05:50 PM
If you can give some more specific info, maybe others will have some ideas on how to approach your problems.

NaomiDstangLvr
07-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Bare with me I'm not a mechanic, lol! Okay, well Chad swapped out the engine, but for some reason it is loading up with fuel, blowing out white smoke when revved up. Chad needs help finding all the vacuums that need to be hooked up, plus he is having trouble with a transmission leak. He went to some lengths as looking at other Mustang engines when we went to the cruise in to see where all the vacuums were plugged in! :lol: If someone with good mechanical skills or good knowledge of the engine, give him a call? 765-0912 We really don't want to pay someone $90 an hour for labor, if he can do it himself. Thanks to anyone who can help! :)

92coupe
07-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Sounds like the map sensor line is unplugged. mounted on the firewall directly behind the upper intake, Should be a line on the upper that goes to it.

NaomiDstangLvr
07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Okay, I'll let him know about that, thank you for the input!

NaomiDstangLvr
07-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Well he went through and checked all the sensors their all connected. He's really puzzled in why its doing this....

evil666stang
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
the first time i took off my plentum my car did the same thing and it was the big vacuum line on the vacuum block closest to the driver side. it goes to the center of the plentum where it draws the most vacuum. hope everything works out for ya guys

02mingryGT
07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Found a website with every diagram you could ask for.

here's the link:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/&h=457&w=646&sz=58&tbnid=nACnkPbGCoEJ::&tbnh=97&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmustang%2Bvacuum%2Bline%2Bdiagram&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image&cd=1

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/88Stang5.0Vacuum.gif

NaomiDstangLvr
07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you, you guys! I'll pass the info back to Chad. Hope this works! ;)

bobtsgt
07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I would help but I won't be free for another 4 months or so during the winter. Tell him to follow the diagram above and it should help. If he is afraid of any leaks he can spray carb clean and wait for the idle to bump up.

NaomiDstangLvr
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Sounds like the map sensor line is unplugged. mounted on the firewall directly behind the upper intake, Should be a line on the upper that goes to it.
Well you were right, like I said I'm not too mechanical but I think Chad missed a sensor on the map sensor line. It's not missing at all now! He still has a few vacuum lines to hook up still, 'cause the car is idling a bit high (he knows which line). All he has left to do is figure out the transmission leak, replace the drivers side strut, and the rear. Then it'll all be cosmetic. Thank you for your guys' help! :bigthumb

mustang8998
07-15-2008, 06:41 PM
See, I told you to throw it out there!

Helps to know what the problem is.

92coupe
07-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Well you were right, like I said I'm not too mechanical but I think Chad missed a sensor on the map sensor line. It's not missing at all now! He still has a few vacuum lines to hook up still, 'cause the car is idling a bit high (he knows which line). All he has left to do is figure out the transmission leak, replace the drivers side strut, and the rear. Then it'll all be cosmetic. Thank you for your guys' help! :bigthumb

I been through it myself i know how it feels to track down a problem like that, Sometimes you have to walk away from it for a while and it comes to you. good luck!

quik lx
07-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Tell Chad to go onto E-bay and buy the EVTM (electrical,vacuum troubleshooting manual) manual for the car. These books are priceless IMO..I have never been able not to fix a problem with a 5.0L with these books. They give you wiring diagrams and routing of all harnesses throughout the car. Plus all the vacuum connections and locations. Worth every penny of the 20 bux and there is one for every year!!

02mingryGT
07-16-2008, 12:24 PM

Cool :bigthumb

02mingryGT
07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Tell Chad to go onto E-bay and buy the EVTM (electrical,vacuum troubleshooting manual) manual for the car. These books are priceless IMO..I have never been able not to fix a problem with a 5.0L with these books. They give you wiring diagrams and routing of all harnesses throughout the car. Plus all the vacuum connections and locations. Worth every penny of the 20 bux and there is one for every year!!

Thanks. My brother could probably use that.

NaomiDstangLvr
07-16-2008, 01:54 PM
I been through it myself i know how it feels to track down a problem like that, Sometimes you have to walk away from it for a while and it comes to you. good luck!

:lol: Thats exactly what he did too! Just walk away for a bit! :lol:

NaomiDstangLvr
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I don't think he knows about that manual, I'll definitely let him know!