PDA

View Full Version : t-5 question/probs

92BlackStang
07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
ok, I have a t-5 that i had a guy fix for me it WAS grinding 2nd 3rd and 4th and would pop out of reverse. he worked on it says he put all new shift forks and shift pads in it, I got it back and it pops out of 2nd gear ok so i had to take it out again send it back to him he works on it says 2nd gear synchro was bad and he went ahead and replaced the whole gear. but guess what i get it back not 5 mins down the road it pops out of 2nd gear on a downshift ??? I called and told him about it. so ive been drivin it around this weekend and now its gettin to where when i shift from 1st to 2nd it wants to pop out and its gettin worse it seems but it doesnt do it everytime. but 8 times out of 10 it does it in a low rpm down shift into 2nd gear.. Anyone have an idea ??

denial
07-13-2008, 10:33 PM
SYNCRO... Do u have the stock shifter in the car? Does is have a short throw?

denial
07-13-2008, 10:34 PM
or you could actually take it to someone that knows what there doing. Call mike at dayton performance.

92BlackStang
07-13-2008, 10:36 PM
SYNCRO... Do u have the stock shifter in the car? Does is have a short throw?
supposely that was put in there , long story mike

PaulFiveOh
07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Just count your losses and either hit up Mike or Transman.

denial
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
i could only imagine brother...i would suggest u take it to mike. I don't need details on what happened...i think i would of thought of taking it somewhere else before u took it there though. GL

92BlackStang
07-13-2008, 11:05 PM
i could only imagine brother...i would suggest u take it to mike. I don't need details on what happened...i think i would of thought of taking it somewhere else before u took it there though. GL
yeah i hear ya

Metcalf Racing
07-14-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure what the hell you ment by that.I'm the one who is having the trans fixed for him at my cost. You don't know whats going on,so you need to stay the hell out of it. The tranny got new shift forks and was fine. The car went on a drive through my buddies neighbor hood and was fine Shaun drove it back to Lebanon and it was fine,the next day it started popping out of gear. He took the car out anyway and was racing it. I took the tranny back and had it looked at again and it had a broken syncro. Just tobe sure that was all thatwas wrong I took it to a local tranny shop and they said second gear was wore and that may cause problems. So I bought onefrom them. They tranny now has new shift forks new pads,syncro's and second gear. He put the tranny back in and called me saying it pops out sometimes when he down shifts it to stop. So I told him to bring it back and I'll fix it again. But instead he takes it out beating on it and now it pops out of second again going forward through the gears. and is on video racing it over 4 times. But do I care NO... I told him to bring it back and I'll fix it. I want the car at my house today. I don't need to fuck over anyone Mike. You'll be much better off worrying about you than you ever will worrying about me:rolleyes:

PaulFiveOh
07-14-2008, 06:35 AM
:popcorn:

denial
07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm very not worried about you..i don't know the situation at all. Mainly from what i have read on the forums. It shouldn't take 3 times to fix a tranny imo if you knew what you were doing, unless shaun beat the car to death 5 minutes after he leaves like he said. Either way, he should be able to beat it to death if it was done right the first time, but that's my opinion. Never once said you fucked him over, but i can see everyone giving shaun the raw deal basically because of him running his mouth on pretty much everyone on extreme, i seen it coming a while ago didn't you? GL

black90lx
07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
You can't beat on tranny with a stock shifter or an after market shifter without adjusting the stops and it survive.

denial
07-14-2008, 11:23 AM
that was my main question, does it have stops to adjust or not? I don't believe the stock shifter has stops on it.

92BlackStang
07-14-2008, 11:55 AM
You can't beat on tranny with a stock shifter or an after market shifter without adjusting the stops and it survive.
sure you can, but the stopshave been on and its really none of your business what goes on i didnt post this thread to bash on metcalf.

92BlackStang
07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure what the hell you ment by that.I'm the one who is having the trans fixed for him at my cost. You don't know whats going on,so you need to stay the hell out of it. The tranny got new shift forks and was fine. The car went on a drive through my buddies neighbor hood and was fine Shaun drove it back to Lebanon and it was fine,the next day it started popping out of gear. He took the car out anyway and was racing it. I took the tranny back and had it looked at again and it had a broken syncro. Just tobe sure that was all thatwas wrong I took it to a local tranny shop and they said second gear was wore and that may cause problems. So I bought onefrom them. They tranny now has new shift forks new pads,syncro's and second gear. He put the tranny back in and called me saying it pops out sometimes when he down shifts it to stop. So I told him to bring it back and I'll fix it again. But instead he takes it out beating on it and now it pops out of second again going forward through the gears. and is on video racing it over 4 times. But do I care NO... I told him to bring it back and I'll fix it. I want the car at my house today. I don't need to fuck over anyone Mike. You'll be much better off worrying about you than you ever will worrying about me:rolleyes:
i sure am glad you understand me and we talked yesterday what i would do is tell the guy that the 2nd gear he sold you was junk and that its still doin the same thing. i will bring you the car later on today, you and me both know that this damn tranny is drivin us nuts and i know you aint gonna screw me your not that kinda guy.. what makes no since to me is i dont seem why you payed the person to fix it when its not fixed right , just like me and dad was sayin , i know i shouldnt of been out racing it but like you said the day be4 its gonna do what its gonna do regardless... im just glad you knew what it was doing befor that went down yesterday... honestly man its really agervatin me that he said what he said about not fixin it, it would be different if it was doin some other shit besides what i told you the day before i raced it, just like everyone agree's its not doin any different than what it was doin saturday the day befor i rced it,.. i posted this to get info to see what other people though about the situation

92BlackStang
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
just dont understand why he wants to be like that, makes no since but ill call you later man

black90lx
07-14-2008, 12:42 PM
sure you can, but the stopshave been on and its really none of your business what goes on i didnt post this thread to bash on metcalf.

no you cant, if you dont have a short throw with the stops adjusted you will over shift it and break the shift forks eventually. well its an open thread! all i know is you had a stock shifter, then you put a short shifter in it and didnt put the stops in it.

92BlackStang
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
no you cant, if you dont have a short throw with the stops adjusted you will over shift it and break the shift forks eventually. well its an open thread! all i know is you had a stock shifter, then you put a short shifter in it and didnt put the stops in it.
shoiws you dont know much i took the stops out bc of what it was doin i thought thats what it was because the shifter i got is a cheaper knock off one.. shift forks will eventually break bend no matter what . short throw or not. :wave:

The stops just kinda help it out some and keep you from over throwing the gear

92BlackStang
07-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Mods can you plz delete this thread causing probs i just wanted some advice but it went south

CLOSED