PDA

View Full Version : Summerset Ky Cruise

OldBlue
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Any of you Mustang guys going next weekend??

Bill

Sharad
07-16-2008, 09:14 PM
crap, that's coming up, isn't it! I'll definitely be here... don't know if I'll drive out to cruise in with anyone though.

mustangjon
07-16-2008, 09:23 PM
there is another thread started was some interest and died off.. im taking sat thru monday off and heading down.. have a place 30 min away i can crash for free so no hotel expense, gonna go on the power cruise down on sat morning, was hoping more would go and i would meet up in milford otherwise i'll just jump in line on my side of river on the interstate.

Black92LX
07-17-2008, 02:32 AM
I'll be at the farm any way so we might roll through. Won't be in the Mustang but will most likely attend.

OldBlue
07-17-2008, 07:47 AM
there is another thread started was some interest and died off.. im taking sat thru monday off and heading down.. have a place 30 min away i can crash for free so no hotel expense, gonna go on the power cruise down on sat morning, was hoping more would go and i would meet up in milford otherwise i'll just jump in line on my side of river on the interstate.

The NKFBA is going to meet at the rest area on 75 and jump in line there!! I live in Milford soooo I'll start at Quaker State!!

Bill

02 Fast WS 6 :bigthumb

Waffles
07-19-2008, 11:19 AM
So who else is going? I'm likely going to meet up with the NKYFBA guys at the rest stop, unless an SBZ is going to meet up.

mustangjon
07-19-2008, 05:17 PM
i took off work i am going for sure.

Waffles
07-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Are you going to meet up with the NKYFBA guys too if more SBZ guys decide to go or just gonna leave from ST&L? I used to have a place in Nancy, KY but we sold it last year. Not sure what I'm going to do about a place to stay yet. Might even call the new owners and see if they mind if I use the place.

praterjack
07-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Im going down friday im going to take a half day and head down just not sure if im going to take my car or not.:(

mustangjon
07-20-2008, 12:46 PM
well i wanted to meet at milford for whole cruise but if more sbz dont join i'll meet up along way. I have to get off at lex exit pick up a friend probably and then run like hell to catch back up :lol: My parents have a place in monticello, your welcome to crash there... roughly 30 min away.. but prolly either be floor/couch/or space on screened in deck.

Waffles
07-21-2008, 02:51 AM
If the new owner of my old place doesn't work out, I'll take you up on that! There's no floor that a good air mattress can't fix!

OldBlue
07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Come on guys, looks like a good weekend!! Won't them Mustangs make it that far???:lol: Going to be a cool cruise, be at Quaker Stake Sat morning!!!

Anyone???

mustangjon
07-24-2008, 09:39 PM
:rockon:im pretty sure hardcore and myself will both be at the 75 pickup spot... so 1 stang and 1 bastard child(lincoln) will make it.

What time they meeting at the rest are?

OldBlue
07-25-2008, 09:09 AM
:rockon:im pretty sure hardcore and myself will both be at the 75 pickup spot... so 1 stang and 1 bastard child(lincoln) will make it.

What time they meeting at the rest are?

This what Wayne wrote on NKFBA site:

Where and when are we meeting?

We will meet at the Florence rest area on I-75 South. This rest area is just past the Mt Zion Road exit. We will begin gathering here at 9:00am.

See you all Sat morn
Bill :rockon:

Waffles
07-26-2008, 03:36 AM
Gonna get 3 hours sleep tonight, been doing some last minute stuff to the Cobra, getting it polished and waxed. Going in the morning to have the A/C system vaccumed so I don't have to drive the whole trip without A/C. We'll be there at 9:00am, so we'll see you guys there! I'm pumped! :rockon:

cobrajoe
07-26-2008, 07:06 AM
I have my grandmother's funeral today, so I'm probably out:( Maybe next year.

OldBlue
07-27-2008, 11:19 AM
The Sumerset Cruise was a complete success!!! The weather was perfect and we didn’t get a drop of rain on us…well maybe a drop (10).

There were over 1400 cars that cruised in! At 8:00pm they went to Rt27 and cruised the 6 lane up and down. It was cool to see and hear some of these cars as they went down the strip. People had there lawn chairs set up and was setting along the road to see the rolling car show.

I have a few pictures that I’ll try to post later.

There were a ton of Mustangs there, my wife was in her glory (she loves them dam cars)

A guy there said that he counted (7) first gens "F" bodys, we didn’t see all of the cars. There was some truly beautiful cars there, I didn’t see any other 02 WS-6’s there, I was hoping to see a few!

My old ass got tired and the 90deg weather slowed me down a touch (plus staying up the night before till (3:00am) didn’t help) We will be going back next year for sure.

Bill & Brenda

Sharad
07-27-2008, 03:10 PM
yep. Biggest cruise since I've lived here! (four years) I ran up and down the strip a few times, did a lot of dry hops for the spectators, talked to a few Mustang guys in the Papa John's parking lot... It was definitely a good time!

Waffles
07-27-2008, 07:19 PM
MustangJon and I just made it back. We met up at the Florence rest area and cruised down with the SQL group. The heat was MISERABLE but we had a ton of fun. I know there was no way we saw every car, but tried to make it around. We didn't do the 8pm cruise because of idle issues with my car, and overheating on Jon's Lincoln but we had a blast anyway.

Will post some pics up later!

mustangjon
07-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Definatly worth the trip had a good time, other than my car overheating in line to get parked, think i had my electric fan set to wrong temp :eek: and the hotter than blazing hell heat, was a great time, way too many cars to see, we parked cars and walked for 3+ hours and didnt see them all, finally had to get out of the heat, so we did some sight seeing and cruising around. I'll be attending next year, we need more to go tho, only a total of 4 stangs in the cruise from cincy that i counted.. and chris and I started at the back of cruise and toyed around whole way down and ended up behind the lead car by lexington.