PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

MsBlkramair
07-19-2008, 08:55 AM
OMG! What a great movie. We saw the midnight showing last night. Heath Ledger's Joker performance was Legend...........wait for it..................ary!

mach_u
07-19-2008, 09:04 AM
OMG! What a great movie. We saw the midnight showing last night. Heath Ledger's Joker performance was Legend...........wait for it..................ary!
:lol: Gota love How I Met Your Mother! As for the movie - I can't wait to see it! :bigthumb

Qtr milerocket
07-19-2008, 09:48 AM
I saw it Thursday morning at the 12:25 a.m. showing and the movie more than lived up to the hype, the next viewing for me will be in IMAX though and I believe this movie is gearing up to break some box office records as well.

Without spoiling the movie for anyone if you are a Batman fan or just love comic book super heros in general, this movie raises the bar through the roof and Heath Ledgers performance is phenomenal and will have have multitudes of people spellbound go see it.......................IT'S AWESOME!!

Peace :cool2:

James

Mustard
07-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Best Batman ever. Hell, best comic book movie ever made

fst 5pto
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I am getting ready to go see it.... ill let ya know what I think.

05yellowgt
07-19-2008, 01:55 PM
The movie is incredible. Heath Ledger's performance is up there with Jack Nickelson in One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest and Anthony Hopkins in the Silence of the Lambs series of Movies. It is really unfortunate that we had to lose Heath Ledger, but I can't imagine any better performance to go out with.

The movie itself was equally as amazing. The only downside to the entire cast is that I don't really think Maggie Gylenhaal fit in with the rest of the cast. See this movie at the IMAX if you can at all help it. It really makes the whole thing that much better. I am going to see this movie one or two more times. It's that good!!!!

NaomiDstangLvr
07-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Yahoo! readers are giving an A+, I myself haven't seen it but would like to soon.

NaomiDstangLvr
07-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Best Batman ever. Hell, best comic book movie ever made

I'm more of a Superman fan but the Bat has been in my top 5 favs...

COOP
07-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Excellent! Best movie I have seen this year. It really makes you sad that Heath passed, because I really cannot see any other actor being able to play that part.
I agree with the Maggie Gylenhaal comment. My wife and I both said the same thing in the car on the ride home. She was not convincing in the role IMHO.
But still an A+ movie

zlou363lx
07-20-2008, 01:16 AM
i just watched it tonight. it is great. i agree that the new rachel doesn't fit well though, but i got over it haha

USMCPONY
07-20-2008, 03:21 AM
I think to she looked to much like Kirsten Dunst in Spiderman.

93hulk
07-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Best superhero movie ever.:bigthumb

djom1cincy
07-20-2008, 10:59 AM
2 words. Bad ass! This is the best super hero movie by far ever made. People where clapping when the movie ended. I liked the jokers magic trick with the pencil. It gets 2 big :bigthumb

Mustard
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
2 words. Bad ass! This is the best super hero movie by far ever made. People where clapping when the movie ended. I liked the jokers magic trick with the pencil. It gets 2 big :bigthumb

Oh yeah, that was great

MsBlkramair
07-20-2008, 02:02 PM
i just watched it tonight. it is great. i agree that the new rachel doesn't fit well though, but i got over it haha

I agree wit Maggie Gyllenhall too...........she needed to be more of a hardcore lawyer type. But anyone has to be better that Katie Holmes! ugh!

Blkcobra01
07-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Saw it last night damn good movie.

satan jamez
07-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Very good movie, Heath's part was very convincing. I'll definitely buy it when it's out on dvd :)

1badasp
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
the best Batman movie. period.

ibstrokin
07-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Best Batman movie yet, def. long though.

pegasus
07-21-2008, 02:30 AM
did you see the tire on the bat bike??? batman rolls on hoosers!!!

beefcake
07-21-2008, 05:24 AM
excellent movie, definately worth the bucks to see it

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Saw it at Starlight the other night...thought it was fantastic. It's a real shame Ledger is dead, that was his best performance. Also i can't say enough about how good Christian Bail is as Batman...finally someone is doing Batman how he's supposed to be, instead of a Bruce Wayne in Batman's suit.

05yellowgt
07-21-2008, 01:52 PM
You know that is a really good point about Christian Bail playing Batman disguised as Bruce Wayne instead of Bruce Wayne first and Batman second.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-21-2008, 02:40 PM
You know that is a really good point about Christian Bail playing Batman disguised as Bruce Wayne instead of Bruce Wayne first and Batman second.

Exactly! In every other Batman movie, it was always Bruce Wayne in a costume. Bruce Wayne was more or less the alter ego...he IS Batman and he used his own true identity to cover it up.

NaomiDstangLvr
07-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I haven't seen it yet, we're going tonight. But just a question, would anyone be making such a big deal out of this if Ledger was still alive??

05yellowgt
07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
I haven't seen it yet, we're going tonight. But just a question, would anyone be making such a big deal out of this if Ledger was still alive??
Honestly, go see it and then tell us what you think. I think you will be suprised.

MsBlkramair
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Honestly, go see it and then tell us what you think. I think you will be suprised.

It was an amazing performance..............I wished he were still alive so he could reprise it in the next one. No one will be able to live up to that role.

RACEME
07-23-2008, 05:28 AM
I saw it Saturday, and I'm no film critic, but Ledger didn't seem to be acting. He really transformed into that role.

BIGHONKEY
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I saw it last night. It was damn good. Worth the free pass I had. :D

I would have liked to see Gary Oldman play a bad guy or a nut job. Which is what I like out of him in movies.

05yellowgt
07-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Went and saw the movie again at the IMAX. Just as good as the first time!!! I did start to notice a few small glitches in the movie. Like one of the buildings that exploded was actually a parking garage made up to look like something else. Doesn't take away from the movie at all, I just notice little things like that.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-26-2008, 02:42 PM
For those wondering about Ledger's acting in this movie...think about his other movies like A Knight's Tale and then imagine that guy playing the Joker...

beefcake
07-26-2008, 03:16 PM
For those wondering about Ledger's acting in this movie...think about his other movies like A Knight's Tale and then imagine that guy playing the Joker...

i love a nights tale

great flick

93cobra
07-26-2008, 05:12 PM
wife & i checked it last night...awesome!

NaomiDstangLvr
07-26-2008, 08:03 PM
We went and saw it at the iMax theater Tuesday night. I have to say Heath played an amazing Joker! I think the best part of the movie is the first time you get to see the Joker, just crazy!! "Wanna see a magic trick?" :lol::lol:

I wouldn't say it was the best movie I've ever seen, but its hands down the best Batman movie ever!

Sad though Ledger isn't going to see how this movie turned out with the fans!

plattner01
08-08-2008, 02:12 AM
saw it at wilder,ky , great movie , ledger's version of the joker was unbelieveable, blows jack n's joker away. and visuals on harvey dent was out of this world. looking forward to seeing the next batman movie, but which villian is next to encounter the dark knight?

PKFIRE
08-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Awesome Movie! I saw it after vacation and even talked my friends into seeing it again.

Mavowar
08-14-2008, 11:04 PM
I HAVE SEEN THIS MOVIE TWICE.

Yes Ledger is a huge part as to why this movie rocks....
His Joker was no joke:D
I liked him way before the Ledger bandwagon started as a result of his death.
Although I refuse to see that gay cowboy movie.....:rolleyes:

I also Think Christian Bale plays the most believable Batman thus far. His Batman Voice is very edgy. I always thought Batman in a movie would not use his Bruce Wayne voice. I mean you are trying to hide who you really are DUH!!!

I thought Harvey Dent/Two face came of very well. It was not a mind blowing acting performance but very solid and believable as well. The Special effects were great, The IMAX cameras really made certain scenes pop.

I liked how the story was very thorough and mostly linear. It just made sense even though it had a few twists and turns along the way. The Gordon Death actually caught me by surprise. Although it shouldn't have. How would he become the commissioner in days to come if he really died....I was so in to the story and action, I wasn't trying to figure out any plot loop holes....

Anyways, If ledger does not win Best actor this year then the Oscars are rigged period. He was that good. Dead or alive he deserves it bar none.

This movie will be great for home viewing on a 32 inch or larger LCD HD 720-1080dp....and surround sound. Regular TV will just not let the entire visual EXP come out to the viewers.

I give it 4.75 stars outta 5

Lance

MsBlkramair
08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I HAVE SEEN THIS MOVIE TWICE.

Yes Ledger is a huge part as to why this movie rocks....
His Joker was no joke:D
I liked him way before the Ledger bandwagon started as a result of his death.
Although I refuse to see that gay cowboy movie.....:rolleyes:

I also Think Christian Bale plays the most believable Batman thus far. His Batman Voice is very edgy. I always thought Batman in a movie would not use his Bruce Wayne voice. I mean you are trying to hide who you really are DUH!!!

I thought Harvey Dent/Two face came of very well. It was not a mind blowing acting performance but very solid and believable as well. The Special effects were great, The IMAX cameras really made certain scenes pop.

I liked how the story was very thorough and mostly linear. It just made sense even though it had a few twists and turns along the way. The Gordon Death actually caught me by surprise. Although it shouldn't have. How would he become the commissioner in days to come if he really died....I was so in to the story and action, I wasn't trying to figure out any plot loop holes....

Anyways, If ledger does not win Best actor this year then the Oscars are rigged period. He was that good. Dead or alive he deserves it bar none.

This movie will be great for home viewing on a 32 inch or larger LCD HD 720-1080dp....and surround sound. Regular TV will just not let the entire visual EXP come out to the viewers.

I give it 4.75 stars outta 5

Lance

AMEN!