PDA

View Full Version : myrtle beach

tcorns
07-20-2008, 04:04 PM
i have to say that the water is great. glad to have missed the tropical storm. left the house this morning around 130 am and made it in to town about 1130 this afternoon. i let the garmin handle the directions and it only goofed up once in winston-salem concerning a road that they just renamed. the car was great. it started to give me a bit of trouble toward the end but i think it had to do with me pushing the car a bit hard. it seemed to be down on power abit. car struggled to break 100 sometimes. but it held many hours of cruise control set around 75-85 with no changes.

my garmin gave me this at the end

616.5 miles start to finish
62.6 miles per hour overall average (travel and stopped time)
63.9 miles per hour moving average
104 max speed (early in the trip)
9 hours and 50 minutes total trip time
9 hours and 38 minutes total moving time
12 minutes stopped time (lights, signs, gas stops, etc)

looks like i ended up at about 30 mpg.

the 12 minutes stopped thing is a cool feature that i found on my gps. i kept telling my wife that i was trying to keep that to a minimum. i was so proud that at the first fuel stop it took only 3 minutes to fill up and get moving again.
i am leaving tuesday and will try to beat 9:50 back. i did it last year in under 9 so i know that i can do it. other then that it is golf (never played before), beer, crab legs and beach!

trev

5.0calypso93lx
07-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear that, I'm headed down August 1st-5th. My bro goes to coastal carolina so I'm just gonna sleep on his couch or something. My goal is to do pretty much nothing the entire time.

plattner01
07-20-2008, 11:13 PM
i need to go back to florida

tcorns
07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
yesterday was hang around day. lots of drinking and partying. today i played my first game of golf ever. my group said that i did fine for my first but i think that they were trying to make me feel good. i had killer tee shots but they ended up on the other greens.
doing all you can eat seafood tonight and more drinking. almost tempted to see if the wife would let us move down here. her parents come down with the coach every year for 2-3 weeks. this year and last i have driven my wife down and stayed for a few days and then headed home while she stays.

trev

banginstang07
07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
we'll be down tomorrow can't wait

tcorns
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
my wife and i went out cruising tonight along ocean blvd... i have never seen so many mustangs. everywhere we looked there were at least 2 or 3.

banginstang07 we'll be down tomorrow can't wait

make sure you bring your sun screen! it's hot as heck right now. i will be on the beach most of the day tomorrow so i am sure that i will see you but unfortunatley i won't know you when i see you.

trev

banginstang07
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
i'll wear my cincy speed shirt the first day at the planet hollywood so if you see me say whats up