PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer...

BigBadStang
07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
running his mouth on an LA radio station. I understand where he's from, and where he went to college, but to run OSU down the road publicly the way he did was classless being he lives in (part time anyway), and plays pro ball in OHIO...IMO.

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer said in a radio interview last week that he is sick of Ohio State fans and cannot stand the Buckeyes.

Palmer, who won the Heisman Trophy at Southern Cal, was on KLAC radio in Los Angeles last week, discussed how badly he wants to see the Buckeyes fall when they play at USC on Sept. 13.

"I cannot stand the Buckeyes," Palmer said. "Having to live in Ohio and hear those people talk about their team, it drives me absolutely nuts … It's amazing to hear what those guys think of that university and what they think about that football program and (Jim) Tressel, and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there."

Palmer added that he can't wait for USC to visit Ohio State next year.

"Hopefully we'll have a home game that weekend and I can watch us pound on them on their own turf, and put all the talk to rest," Palmer said. "I'm really getting sick of it, and I can't wait for this game to get here, so they can come out to the Coliseum and experience L.A. and get an old fashioned Pac-10 butt-whoopin' and go back to the Big Ten."

Maybe a lot of Buckeye fans are sick of his Bengals UNDERPERFORMING. He needs to shut his hole, and try to win more than 8 games this year.

Hey, maybe A.J. Hawk will pay Palmer a "visit" on the field when they play August 11th! :D

beefcake
07-21-2008, 07:05 PM
man, whats up with that

Rich
07-21-2008, 07:19 PM
His latest...

Carson comments
From the Bengals this afternoon
“I’m a Trojan all the way, and I was talking to a Trojan audience in California. I guess I got a little fired up, as all good fans will do. But I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too. I hope they all understand I’m just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it’s all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don’t have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams.”

COOP
07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Why does it matter that he trashed the Buckeyes?? He plays for the Bengals, not the buckeyes. It doesn't matter what college team he roots for, just as long as he reps those stripes :cool1:

mustangboy
07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Pac 10, SEC it don't matter the Bucs can't hang.

Evil_Capri
07-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I would hope he would support the school he played for and have no issue with his disdain for the Buckeyes. I guess if an OSU player ever played for the Detroit Lions they should become Michigan fans?!?

There was no reason to issue an apology.

beefcake
07-21-2008, 09:06 PM
His latest...

Carson comments
From the Bengals this afternoon
“I’m a Trojan all the way, and I was talking to a Trojan audience in California. I guess I got a little fired up, as all good fans will do. But I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too. I hope they all understand I’m just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it’s all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don’t have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams.”

makes sense

if i moved somewhere i'd still be a bengals fan

cstreu1026
07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I think I like Carson Palmer a little more. He's not a band wagon fan just because he lives here part time. :D

NaomiDstangLvr
07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Thats what I was thinking, he was on a Cali radio station talking to other USC fans....

But still it was kinda stupid, like us Bengals fans wouldn't find out about it!

Stang 38L
07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Who cares what team he likes and dislikes??? I dont understand the uproar... old boy can have his opinions.

BigBadStang
07-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Sure he is entitled to his opinion(s).
And yes he is a USC grad, but it (IMO) was classless, and foolish to completely trash an entire University publicly, as well as their football program, and the fans/alumni that support the team that pays his salary, and buys his John Morrel meat, and buys his jerseys.

Maybe he just bitter that OSU football draws a bigger crowd in ONE weekend than the Bengals draw in TWO weekends. :D

mustang8998
07-22-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm sure USC draws just as many fans.

Oh, BTW, Your statement "Maybe a lot of Buckeye fans are sick of his Bengals UNDERPERFORMING. He needs to shut his hole, and try to win more than 8 games this year.", is just about as dumb. (By your standards). Carson cannot win games, by himself. It takes something called a TEAM.

5.0calypso93lx
07-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I would hope he would support the school he played for and have no issue with his disdain for the Buckeyes. I guess if an OSU player ever played for the Detroit Lions they should become Michigan fans?!?

There was no reason to issue an apology.

/End thread.

BigBadStang
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm sure USC draws just as many fans.

Oh, BTW, Your statement "Maybe a lot of Buckeye fans are sick of his Bengals UNDERPERFORMING. He needs to shut his hole, and try to win more than 8 games this year.", is just about as dumb. (By your standards). Carson cannot win games, by himself. It takes something called a TEAM.

I'm sure USC draws plenty. I never mentioned USC's attendance btw.

The other comment you quoted was in reference to him saying HE was sick of hearing Buckeye fans. I was just using that as a reference to many, many people being sick of the Bengals drama, and lack of performance on the field in contrast.

I suppose my whole point in this is, I'm fairly certain there are a lot of Bengal fans that are also OSU fans that support Palmer and the Bengals, and for Palmer (being the "face" of the Bengals) to publicly air his disdain for OSU and it's fans wasn't cool. No one is holding a gun to his head making him live (part time) and play here (in Ohio). He willingly signed his multi MILLION dollar contract extension, so he needs to suck it up and deal with the OSU fans he dislikes so strongly that have supported him and the NFL team he plays for. And his "those people" comment brings out his arrogance IMO.

mustang8998
07-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Either way, I'm more of a fan (of Palmer) now. Still don't care for the Bungals, or OSU.