PDA

View Full Version : 96GT Carputer install

wolverine8490
07-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I just thought I would post one of my projects I have been working on, and see what everyone thought. I have been thinking about doing this since 1997. Since technology has really taken off since then, it has made it so much eaiser to achieve. I have have been messing with IT stuff for almost 15 years now, and finally had the money, and the ambition to do it. Since I bought the sniper special forces tuning software, it jsut made it all that more perfect for the install. I have some more work to do, like clean up the wiring, intall my subs, and little things like that, but I got the sound working tonight, and wanted to post some pics. Let me know what eveyone thinks. I can post more details if anyone is interested.

Here are the pics:

Black92LX
07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I'll be doing this with a Mac Mini in the Explorer eventually.

Carputers take up way to much space. With the Mini I can have everything in the console or glove box!

Looks good. What monitor is that you are using.

bobtsgt
07-22-2008, 09:21 AM
lookin good! Nice screen install. Didn't know you were that into electronics.

wolverine8490
07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
I'll be doing this with a Mac Mini in the Explorer eventually.

Carputers take up way to much space. With the Mini I can have everything in the console or glove box!

Looks good. What monitor is that you are using.

Yeah, it takes up some space. I didnt want to drop the cash on a carputer specific case and pc setup. Using the common pieces, I can upgrade real easy down the road, and for a good price. Besides, who needs a spare tire anyway :cool2:

The monitor is a 619GL lilliput 7". The pictures kind of suck, and I still have a few things to do, but its getting there.

wolverine8490
07-22-2008, 10:48 AM
lookin good! Nice screen install. Didn't know you were that into electronics.

Thanks. The screen install has been the biggest pita so far. I have painted it 3 times already. I hope this time it doesnt bubble up on me. I dont think I gave it enough time to dry and spraying it in the humidity didnt help either.

I have always loved messing with electronics, but I like to keep it a secret. I have found that the more people know about you, the more they ask of you :lol:

Black92LX
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
how do you like the lilliput that is the screen I am planning on using.

Touch screen i presume?

wolverine8490
07-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Screen rocks. I use it on 800x600, but it does support 1024x768.

I actually went cheap, and got the non touchscreen for now. They make a touchscreen version with the same dimensions as the one I have now that I plan on picking up later. I didnt want to spend a bunch of money on it, and then the project fail :). I bought the non touchscreen off of ebay for 47.00 shipped to my door.