PDA

View Full Version : Set Up Question - Need Input

PaulFiveOh
07-23-2008, 06:41 AM
My fox has Sportline springs all the way around right now.

There are some KYB AGX's going in: while they are accessible I am wondering if I should change my spring set up.

When I was N/A on SLICKS, I could never manage better than a 1.9 60'ft leaving off a clutch.
There was 0 weight transfer going on, I would have to believe it was because of the super stiff springs.

Is it worth buying the drag launch springs from Eibach?
Or is it better to run 4cly springs up front, etc?

What are your thoughts.

Jeff88coupe
07-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Well...depends on how much you want to make your suspension drag oriented. The eibach drag spring kit with the air bag in the right rear works pretty good at the track. Even though the airbag is basically a bandaid...an anti-roll bar is the best option. But to hook well at the track...you compromise your street handleing. I use to run the eibach kit...worked good for me (high 1.4-mid 1.5 60's on 28x10.5's)..but on the street it was pretty soft/mushy...car rode like a cadillac. I would run adjustable drag struts and shocks (strange make some good affordable ones). Can run the front struts loose at the track..then tighten them up for the drive home. You have to compromise some if you want to hook well at the track.

PaulFiveOh
07-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Thats a good thought.

With the adjustables, what springs would you recommend?

Jeff88coupe
07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Thats a good thought.

With the adjustables, what springs would you recommend?

Well...for the best hook at the track..the eibach drag spring kit. Then stockers with 4 banger front springs (po man's front drag springs).

quik lx
07-23-2008, 12:45 PM
I got a set of front 4 cyl springs if you go that route.

PaulFiveOh
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
I appreciate everyones input.

Can any one think of a good street handling/drag launch balance setup?

5.0calypso93lx
07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I appreciate everyones input.

Can any one think of a good street handling/drag launch balance setup?

I'm going with coilovers up front with strange adjustable struts and shocks, H&R super sport rear springs, with Pro3i adjustable weight jacker lowers.