PDA

View Full Version : OSM At Edgewater Aug 23!

Kelly Pelrine
07-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally we were going to be at Terre Haute again, but with the shut down area not being in the best condition (short shutdown and some we having a hard time stopping) and after everything thats happened with Scott Kalitta.... We will be racing back at Edgewater where we started out! Gates open at 1, time runs 2-3:30. Q1 is at 4, Q2 is at 6, racing to follow! $12 spectator fee.

This is our race to show Edgewater we want to be back there full time next year so i need everyone to spread the word and SHOW YOUR SUPPORT! It is going to mean A LOT for next year. Bring your friends, your mom, your grandmom, lets pack the place & show em what we can do!

Thanks guys & gals!

Kelly

WhiteT
07-24-2008, 08:49 PM
I have a race in Indiana that I'm supposed to attend but may stay home to save some money. My car runs bottom 6's, so I guess turning it down to make the 6.5 index class would would be my class. I've never raced in an index class. Can someone post how index racing works? I ASSume that if you run faster than a 6.5, you break out?? Kind of like bracket racing?? Thanks.

Kelly Pelrine
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
I have a race in Indiana that I'm supposed to attend but may stay home to save some money. My car runs bottom 6's, so I guess turning it down to make the 6.5 index class would would be my class. I've never raced in an index class. Can someone post how index racing works? I ASSume that if you run faster than a 6.5, you break out?? Kind of like bracket racing?? Thanks.

Cool hope you stick around for this one :)

Yea instead of dialing in a bracket, you and your opponant have to be closest to 6.50. If you go faster you break out but if the other guy went even faster, you win. We run our index classes off a .400 Pro Tree, so everyone leaves at the same time, no waiting 5 million years for the other guy and vise versa lol. 2 rounds to qualify and your put on a sportsman ladder. qualifying spots are determined on who is closest to 6.50, then who is slower, then down the ladder will be the faster guys. Hope that helps!

WhiteT
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Cool hope you stick around for this one :)

Yea instead of dialing in a bracket, you and your opponant have to be closest to 6.50. If you go faster you break out but if the other guy went even faster, you win. We run our index classes off a .400 Pro Tree, so everyone leaves at the same time, no waiting 5 million years for the other guy and vise versa lol. 2 rounds to qualify and your put on a sportsman ladder. qualifying spots are determined on who is closest to 6.50, then who is slower, then down the ladder will be the faster guys. Hope that helps!

Sounds good. Thanks for the post. I should know in a few weeks. Sounds like fun!

outlaw85
07-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Kelly,
I like the idea of being close to home again we will try to all be there!

Kelly Pelrine
07-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Sounds good. Thanks for the post. I should know in a few weeks. Sounds like fun!

Your welcome. If you'd like, sign up on the OSM forums & chat with the guys that run the class. The forums are on www.outlawstreetmadness.com. :bigthumb

Kelly Pelrine
07-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Kelly,
I like the idea of being close to home again we will try to all be there!

Me too, cool hope to see ya there!

Jeff88coupe
07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm planning on being there to run the 6.50 class with my coupe. Gotta get to the track a few more times to work on getting my car and me dialed in better.

Kelly Pelrine
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Sweet! Im lookin forward to being back around here.

RyanR
07-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Ill be there!

MADMOD
07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I may come down and watch. Racing OSM is my goal eventulay....I just have to get the car fast enough. Just have to lose .5 of a sec:o

Timido
07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Hell Ryan its cheap racing on a good track. Run 7.50 Cut a light and leave it to the wood. You might be suprissed what a good light on a .400 Tree can do in that class.

MADMOD
07-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Do you really think I could compete with an, 8.1 1/8 on a good day?

MrsAPE
07-26-2008, 09:10 AM
If we can be we will be there to watch!!

Timido
07-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Here is how I look at it. 8.1 is a far cry from 7.50 but it is $35 you should get a test pass 2 quallifying passes then eliminations. If you can cut a good light on a .400 tree get out a little on them and make them make mistakes. I look at the 7.50 and 6.50 index classes like the UMTR Street Stick class. THey are both like a cheap date. Not alot of money for a good time. You might even end up getting lucky at the end of the night. If your plan is to run the class anyway what better time to test than durring the race.

RyanR
07-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Here is how I look at it. 8.1 is a far cry from 7.50 but it is $35 you should get a test pass 2 quallifying passes then eliminations. If you can cut a good light on a .400 tree get out a little on them and make them make mistakes. I look at the 7.50 and 6.50 index classes like the UMTR Street Stick class. THey are both like a cheap date. Not alot of money for a good time. You might even end up getting lucky at the end of the night. If your plan is to run the class anyway what better time to test than durring the race.

That is awesome :lol:

MADMOD
07-26-2008, 11:17 AM

I may come out and give it a shot. I mean I run UMTR and go out first round there all the time what would be the difference? Plus I would get to see some bad ass cars there:rockon:

Kelly do I have to be a member to run with you guys and do I have to run the OSM banner on the front windsheild?

Timido
07-27-2008, 09:58 AM
No membership dues and the banner is provided to the racers.
General rules
http://www.outlawstreetmadness.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=27
7.50 rules are very simple no bracket racing stuff. Optical sensors, delay boxes and electrical or pneumatic throttle stops are not allowed Must be street legal appearing

PonymanfiveO
07-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Im down for the 7.50 class.

I may swap out the 4.30 for a 4.10 gear in the grey car for the race though. I shift into 4th gear about 50' before the 1/8 mile beams. Car is very consistant 7.58- 7.60 though.

Timido
07-27-2008, 01:55 PM
7.58 is a real consistant number for that class. There is a OSM race NEXT Week at ET Dragway. I am going to that one also.

As far as spectating. Bring your car and run it in a class. The math looks easy to me $12 to spectate or $35 to race 6.50 or 7.50

Mista Bone
07-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Edgewater to spectate OSM on Saturday, then National Trails (working) on Sunday, I'll be wore out.

orangecoupe
07-27-2008, 03:30 PM
I plan on attending on the 23rd, 6.50 sounds like a great time.

Kelly Pelrine
07-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Kelly do I have to be a member to run with you guys and do I have to run the OSM banner on the front windsheild?

Nope, just like tim said, no membership fees and we provide all the stickers you need to have. Unfortunatly some dirtbag stole our box of stickers and Justins radio at 41, but i am getting the sponsors to send new stickers. As for the windshield banners, i cant afford new ones but i do have the new diecut stickers, so i will be giving those out instead.

Haha Tim that is good stuff! :lol:

Its great to hear all of you guys are coming out, it gives me hope that this race will truly be a good one

P.S. if you havent already, sign up & post in the poll in the OSM forums so i can get a good idea of who will be attending www.outlawstreetmadness.com. It is the same board as StangCrazy ;)