07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
starting to get the vette dialed in

got a chance to take her back to the track today,

stock she ran a 12.60 @ 114 2.00 60' that was at about 2000 ft d/a,
2.56 gears, automatic

added a cam, headers, and a cai,

mustered a 12.07@120.64 with still a 2.02 60', d/a was about 2500 to 2600 ft

equal conditions i think she's at an 11

i guess once i sell my fox i'll go for a 3.42 gear change and a converter, stick on some stickeies and see how close i can get to a 10 :)

oh yeah,
right click and save as

right click and save as please

http://www.new-used-ford-cars-trucks-for-sale-bankruptcy-special-financing.com/08vetterun1.mpg

Mista Bone
07-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Danny Popp, all that needs to be said :)

Drivermod
07-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Damn, 120 mph. That thing is haulin':bigthumb

MADMOD
07-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Damn, 120 mph. That thing is haulin':bigthumb

You beat me to it! Good #'s Beef:rockon:

RyanR
07-28-2008, 04:52 PM
12.07@120:eek1: Get some tires and on the shift machine lol

beefcake
07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
12.07@120:eek1: Get some tires and on the shift machine lol

lol

you guys got any shift machines in heare lol

beefcake
08-01-2008, 05:29 AM
http://beef-cake.net/vette1207.jpg

Buckeye
08-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Cool might help sell the car with a 11 sec slip!

USMCPONY
08-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Isnt that one of the new 4 cylinder vettes? j/k. You still cant hang with my stang! Get your practice in you'll need for when we line them up.

beefcake
08-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Isnt that one of the new 4 cylinder vettes? j/k. You still cant hang with my stang! Get your practice in you'll need for when we line them up.

what time you wanna meet today :)

ya got no chance

all them car show plaques don't mean squat on the street

USMCPONY
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM
My car show plagues will look good right next to my new 1st place victory trophy kicking your ass. Please have my trophy ready when I see you. How about Quaker Steak? I havent been there in over two months. I dont want to hear no excuses about how your wife is making you watch the kids either lol. I wil put all of my plagues in the trunk so I can get a little bit better traction. I dont want to smoke you out to bad.

99Slobra
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
do want

PaulFiveOh
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
holy URL batman

beefcake
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
My car show plagues will look good right next to my new 1st place victory trophy kicking your ass. Please have my trophy ready when I see you. How about Quaker Steak? I havent been there in over two months. I dont want to hear no excuses about how your wife is making you watch the kids either lol. I wil put all of my plagues in the trunk so I can get a little bit better traction. I dont want to smoke you out to bad.

what time you wanna meet on 52?

USMCPONY
08-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I text you at 7pm and you said you would be there by 8pm. I guessed your car broke down cause you didnt show up or was you was skeered?

beefcake
08-04-2008, 05:22 AM
I text you at 7pm and you said you would be there by 8pm. I guessed your car broke down cause you didnt show up or was you was skeered?

lmao, i believe i called you out, even for $$, and you were busy walking around quaker stake lookin for your next plaque victim, you just stop by the dealership around 7 and we'll hit it,

here is yet, ANOTHER, call out, that i'm sure you won't show up to

USMCPONY
08-04-2008, 12:38 PM
You called me out? I think not. I wasnt looking for victims I was looking for you. At least I showed up I guess you need a faster car to make it there in time. Should of keep the Stang as for the money I wanted more than you offered but Im fine with that. I live 45 min. away so you can drive out here next time. Your skeered.

beefcake
08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
You called me out? I think not. I wasnt looking for victims I was looking for you. At least I showed up I guess you need a faster car to make it there in time. Should of keep the Stang as for the money I wanted more than you offered but Im fine with that. I live 45 min. away so you can drive out here next time. Your skeered.

west side is 15 minutes, lol

i didn't see you anywhere near asbury and 52 at 8 o'clock?

don't talk the talk, walk the walk

again, 7pm be here

yet another call out, lets see what you do :)

:popcorn:

USMCPONY
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
west side is 15 minutes, lol

i didn't see you anywhere near asbury and 52 at 8 o'clock?

don't talk the talk, walk the walk

again, 7pm be here

yet another call out, lets see what you do :)

Bullshit you said you was going to QUAKER STEAK!!!!!

beefcake
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Bullshit you said you was going to QUAKER STEAK!!!!!

where ya gonna run at quaker stake? lol

i never said i was goin to quaker stake, i said i'd meet ya on 52

so again,

put up or shut up

normally i wouldn't pick on my mustang brothers, but i think it's time i put you over my knee and spank ya

:popcorn: :popcorn:

USMCPONY
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I told you I had a seat for you at Quaker Steak and you told me you would be there at 8pm. We wasnt going to race there we was going to meet there and pick a place. Your SlowVette doesnt stand a chance.

beefcake
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I told you I had a seat for you at Quaker Steak and you told me you would be there at 8pm. We wasnt going to race there we was going to meet there and pick a place. Your SlowVette doesnt stand a chance.

okay, so quit talking and get over here

transman
08-06-2008, 08:07 AM
:popcorn::popcorn:

beefcake
08-06-2008, 08:13 AM
:popcorn::popcorn:

yep, i was here yesterday waiting, and again

NO SHOW

http://www.illustrationsof.com/images/clipart/thumbnail2/6110_scared_chicken_running_away.jpg

RyanR
08-06-2008, 08:31 AM
yep, i was here yesterday waiting, and again

NO SHOW

http://www.illustrationsof.com/images/clipart/thumbnail2/6110_scared_chicken_running_away.jpg

Call me when this is going to go down. Ill bring the video camera:cool1:

beefcake
08-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Call me when this is going to go down. Ill bring the video camera:cool1:

bam ,tonight sounds good to me :)

make sure to keep all road signs off the vid lol

beefcake
08-06-2008, 09:29 AM
btw, i was getting all the excuses yesterday,

yours is an auto,

i might spin the tires,

blah, blah, blah

i didn't start the trash talk, i'm just gonna finish it :)

RyanR
08-06-2008, 11:49 AM
bam ,tonight sounds good to me :)

make sure to keep all road signs off the vid lol

What are you talking about? Its taking place on the autobahn.:lol:
Im working on the car tonight. Give me a call if its going to happen and Ill ride with you.

USMCPONY
08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Your so full of shit terry. You work first shift and I work second so its not going to happen through out the week. I was five minute away from you Sunday and you said you was going to be at QUAKER STEAK at 8 pm and guess what NO SHOW. I guess your heart started beating to fast as you approached the off ramp and turned around and went home to mama.

beefcake
08-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Your so full of shit terry. You work first shift and I work second so its not going to happen through out the week. I was five minute away from you Sunday and you said you was going to be at QUAKER STEAK at 8 pm and guess what NO SHOW. I guess your heart started beating to fast as you approached the off ramp and turned around and went home to mama.

i said 52 not quaker stake, i don't need no bean pies to race lol

so, lets go for tonight again, weathers lookin great :)

USMCPONY
08-07-2008, 02:50 AM
i said 52 not quaker stake, i don't need no bean pies to race lol

so, lets go for tonight again, weathers lookin great :)

I WORK SECOND SHIFT! Let me get this straight. You told me to meet you one a road? Most people ask to meet at specific location not on a long road. So you wanted me to drive up and down the street looking for the slowest car (YOU) I could find?

beefcake
08-07-2008, 05:26 AM
I WORK SECOND SHIFT! Let me get this straight. You told me to meet you one a road? Most people ask to meet at specific location not on a long road. So you wanted me to drive up and down the street looking for the slowest car (YOU) I could find?

52 and Asbury, thats the place to go. Thats where the blocked road starts, thats where you can go down the road once, check for any debris or anything and johnny law, flip around, come back and still see johnny, turn at asbury again and hit it

i can spell it out for you
5 2 a n d a s b u r y

lol

RyanR
08-07-2008, 08:32 AM

When would you be available to come out and get waxed? Its a simple question. I dont want to hear about quaker state blah blah blah. Let us know and well set something up.:cool1:

beefcake
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
When would you be available to come out and get waxed? Its a simple question. I dont want to hear about quaker state blah blah blah. Let us know and well set something up.:cool1:

dayuuummm

what he said :)

USMCPONY
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM

I guess Terry has another member to his slow car club. When my car get dirty I will let you know when you can wax it.

USMCPONY
08-07-2008, 02:36 PM
dayuuummm

what he said :)

I said I will come down and talk to you about GT 500 and we will go from there. Most likely this Sauturday.

RyanR
08-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I guess Terry has another member to his slow car club. When my car get dirty I will let you know when you can wax it.

It probably gets dirty often when you have to steal 50 cars in one night:lol: What has your car ran? Thats what I thought. Put the mr.bodykit add down and come get some:bigthumb

beefcake
08-07-2008, 04:12 PM

lmao, my slow car is gonna walk all over your show car

I said I will come down and talk to you about GT 500 and we will go from there. Most likely this Sauturday.

lets do 8am saturday, i have to work til 7pm and a bday party after that, good cool air might do ya good, i know your sweating bullets

What has your car ran? Thats what I thought. Put the mr.bodykit add down and come get some:bigthumb
DAYYYYYUUUUMMMMM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

plattner01
08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
damn , subscribing to this one

plattner01
08-07-2008, 04:19 PM
hey beefcake , i need to bring my f450 in for some pm , hows the turn around time??

beefcake
08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
hey beefcake , i need to bring my f450 in for some pm , hows the turn around time??

depends on what it is, definately make an appointment, call my buddy dave herzner in service, he'll hook ya up

752-6611 ex 331

FMGT1999
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey Terry,

I bet next thing is he is going to think it's pinks and ask from 8 cars... :lol:

Kyle

PS: Congrats on the run, Vette is looking and running really strong brother... :bigthumb

beefcake
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
omg, he calls me on the phone, talkin auto talk again, who cares, just do it,

auto, stick who cares

and, he's worried about a camera, i said no need to worry, you don't have a front plate for ryan to tape and see through my back window, lol

then he asks if i was on slicks or drag radials at the track, i'm like, phhhttt

street tires, f1's lol

i could hear the fear in his voice

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
scare Audio Help /skɛər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skair] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, scared, scar·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)

1. to fill, esp. suddenly, with fear or terror; frighten; alarm. –verb (used without object)
2. to become frightened: –noun
3. a sudden fright or alarm, esp. with little or no reason.
4. a time or condition of alarm or worry:

Blacksunshine
08-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Have you ever raced the Mustang before? I'm just curious? We all know the vette is fast, but how quick is the stang? My 88 couldn't beat the vette...lol so I won't even bother to give ya sheet Terry....LOL Plus i'd rather a Chevy.,..LS 2 is in my future !!! I hope !

beefcake
08-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Have you ever raced the Mustang before? I'm just curious? We all know the vette is fast, but how quick is the stang? My 88 couldn't beat the vette...lol so I won't even bother to give ya sheet Terry....LOL Plus i'd rather a Chevy.,..LS 2 is in my future !!! I hope !

no i haven't raced it, but i am mathmatically gifted and i have owned not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 supercharged mustangs,

i am very familiar with what they run, my car is a 12.0 car in the heat on street tires, i am figuring his car to be with a perfect driver and slicks an 11.40 to 11.60 car, again, with a great driver on slicks, on 20" street tires, it will never see better than a 1.9 60' if that, which is going to take .6 off of the car, minimum, again, with a perfect driver

so, that is a perfect launch and perfect shifts maximum of a 12.0, but probably real world a 12.3-12.8

i am predicting a 3 car win at 140 mph, at 120, around 2, but the car is not as aerodynamic, and the faster we get, the further behind he will fall,

his extra 50rwhp will be countered by the weight and even moreso by aerodynamics,

so again, i am calling it 2 cars at 120 and probably more like 3 by 140

could even be more :)

beefcake
08-07-2008, 10:26 PM
whats really gonna chap seans ass is when he starts lookin at my math and goin, shit, he's right lol

:) rofl :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

USMCPONY
08-08-2008, 12:43 AM
omg, he calls me on the phone, talkin auto talk again, who cares, just do it,

auto, stick who cares

and, he's worried about a camera, i said no need to worry, you don't have a front plate for ryan to tape and see through my back window, lol

then he asks if i was on slicks or drag radials at the track, i'm like, phhhttt

street tires, f1's lol

i could hear the fear in his voice

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
scare Audio Help /skɛər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skair] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, scared, scar·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)

1. to fill, esp. suddenly, with fear or terror; frighten; alarm. –verb (used without object)
2. to become frightened: –noun
3. a sudden fright or alarm, esp. with little or no reason.
4. a time or condition of alarm or worry:

Get your own lines Terry all I said about the camera was I dont think it was a good idea to video tape the race because all your going to see is my rear bumper the whole time. I dont want my license plate on camera.

USMCPONY
08-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Hey Terry,

I bet next thing is he is going to think it's pinks and ask from 8 cars... :lol:

Kyle

PS: Congrats on the run, Vette is looking and running really strong brother... :bigthumb

I f he wants 8 he can have em.

plattner01
08-08-2008, 12:54 AM
hey sean is that an auto or stick??

USMCPONY
08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
It probably gets dirty often when you have to steal 50 cars in one night:lol: What has your car ran? Thats what I thought. Put the mr.bodykit add down and come get some:bigthumb

Im still a little tired from that night and the jump over traffic didnt help to much. Good thing Mr. Body kit is cheap or I wouldnt be able to afford to fix the car. By the way get your soap and wax ready she is getting dusty.

USMCPONY
08-08-2008, 01:04 AM
hey sean is that an auto or stick??

Stick

plattner01
08-08-2008, 01:06 AM
ok should be a good race then

beefcake
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
rumor has it someone will be taking their late shift off today and headed to e20,

guess we can line em up there :)

beefcake
08-09-2008, 12:09 AM
welp, i was there, sean (usmc) was there, a lot of $hit talking, but no et's.

then he ran away because he knew i was about to bust an 11

:)

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 12:16 AM
I offered to race you.

beefcake
08-09-2008, 12:18 AM
i hope your movie was good, lol

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 12:22 AM
i hope your movie was good, lol

It was very good. We watched Step Brothers deff. worth the money.

plattner01
08-09-2008, 04:30 AM
all that and no race, damn i feel cheated , reading all this.

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 02:22 PM
all that and no race, damn i feel cheated , reading all this.

He wanted his car to cool down before the race. The cars temperature is at 180 degrees, he said. I have to wait til it get cooler. Dont worry we will race.

beefcake
08-09-2008, 02:33 PM
He wanted his car to cool down before the race. The cars temperature is at 180 degrees, he said. I have to wait til it get cooler. Dont worry we will race.

actually, what i said was, after i run my 11, then we will race on the street,

unlike some who were afraid to get their car dirty at the track.

as matter of fact, i seem to remember offering a $100 to you if you could break 13.0's, when you didn't take that, i upped it to a 13.2, and i believe that callout was witnessed by a ian and terry

soooo, as long as weather is good tomorrow, we'll be shooting for late tomorrow afternoon

i'm sure you don't want any witnesses for when i lay you out

beefcake
08-09-2008, 02:37 PM
btw, in case you didn't see it,

here it is

http://beef-cake.net/vette1194.jpg

this is called a timeslip

TIME SLIP

this is a thing you get at a dragstrip after you complete a 1/4 pass

a 1/4 miles pass is a drag race in which 2 people line up next to each other as to compete for a quicker elapsed time

just in case you were wondering what it was that everyone else was doing last night that you weren't

:chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 02:54 PM
You also told me that the track sucked last night and you get more traction on the street. I offered to race you last night but you wanted to wait an hour and a half for the car to cool down. Im not waiting that long, we will see how it goes when we line em up.

beefcake
08-09-2008, 03:00 PM
You also told me that the track sucked last night and you get more traction on the street. I offered to race you last night but you wanted to wait an hour and a half for the car to cool down. Im not waiting that long, we will see how it goes when we line em up.

your so full of crap lol, i said i wanted to wait for my car to cool down to make another pass at the track, then you asked if i'd need to let it cool down to race on the street and i said no, we'll pull straight out and run em

2 minutes later you high tailed it out to watch your little movie

i was at the track racing, you were watching

some talk the talk, some walk the walk

last night i did some serious walking and you showed me nothing
You have been weighed,
you have been measured,
and you have been found wanting

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah and it took an hour and a half for you to cool down. Walk the walk I believe I showed up to the last race. Your friends even heard my gf say we waited for a couple hours for you to show up and it never happened. You know I cant race at the track so why bring it up. I really dont care how the race ends I just want to get it over with. Both cars are capable of 11.30- 11.60's so it will be close know matter who wins.

beefcake
08-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah and it took an hour and a half for you to cool down. Walk the walk I believe I showed up to the last race. Your friends even heard my gf say we waited for a couple hours for you to show up and it never happened. You know I cant race at the track so why bring it up. I really dont care how the race ends I just want to get it over with. Both cars are capable of 11.30- 11.60's so it will be close know matter who wins.

i am predicting at least a 3 car win for me

imo thats not close, and it will probably be more

if there is no rain tomorrow evening, we will do this

is that agreed ?

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Well good luck, should be fine. I will call and let you know.

beefcake
08-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Well good luck, should be fine. I will call and let you know.

call, call about what,

no rain, we run?

okay?

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 03:32 PM
call, call about what,

no rain, we run?

okay?

Umm time, location, etc.

Should be fine. I will let you know if its not.

beefcake
08-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Umm time, location, etc.

Should be fine. I will let you know if its not.

dealership, 7pm, i just checked the forecast, should be all sunny by early afternoon

04 Venom
08-09-2008, 03:54 PM
dealership, 7pm, i just checked the forecast, should be all sunny by early afternoon

Teach the kid some manners, Beef.

beefcake
08-09-2008, 04:45 PM

like i said, i bleed blue,

but i'm going to have to make an exception and take out a brother

:(

see this

http://beef-cake.net/vetnstang12.jpg

get used to it

:bigthumb:lol:

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Why dont you teach me old man!

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 10:45 PM
like i said, i bleed blue,

but i'm going to have to make an exception and take out a brother

:(

see this

get used to it

:bigthumb:lol:

I am used to it. Thats whats it looked like when we was pushing that turd yesterday. I think thats the fastest its every been lol.

04 Venom
08-09-2008, 10:54 PM

Did he show?

04 Venom
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Why dont you teach me old man!

That sounds like a full time job.

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Did he show?

Its tomorrow

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
That sounds like a full time job.

Step up and do the job.

04 Venom
08-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Step up and do the job.

Ah, to be young, dumb and......

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Ah, to be young, dumb and......

whats your point man?

USMCPONY
08-09-2008, 11:15 PM
starting to get the vette dialed in

got a chance to take her back to the track today,

stock she ran a 12.60 @ 114 2.00 60' that was at about 2000 ft d/a,
2.56 gears, automatic

added a cam, headers, and a cai,

mustered a 12.07@120.64 with still a 2.02 60', d/a was about 2500 to 2600 ft

equal conditions i think she's at an 11

i guess once i sell my fox i'll go for a 3.42 gear change and a converter, stick on some stickeies and see how close i can get to a 10 :)

oh yeah,
right click and save as

right click and save as please

http://www.new-used-ford-cars-trucks-for-sale-bankruptcy-special-financing.com/08vetterun1.mpg

So where is the video of the 11 sec. run?

Silver Bullet
08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Beef, now he wants to see the video.... LOL

Just race and get it over with.... or say "Yeah your car is badass and faster than mine."

A little respect.... goes a long way, instead of this back and forth crap.... or take it to the "Whippin Room"!

beefcake
08-10-2008, 12:44 PM
So where is the video of the 11 sec. run?

didn't have my camcorder, thats okay, i've got my slip, again, that thing you get after racing a car

see ya tonight :)

USMCPONY
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
didn't have my camcorder, thats okay, i've got my slip, again, that thing you get after racing a car

see ya tonight :)

I didnt say it never happened. That pretty badass a lightly modified car went 11's on street tires. Its a win win situation for me. If I win the race Im happy I have a fast car. If beef wins thats going to help me make my mind up if I want the new ZO6 or not.

beefcake
08-10-2008, 08:57 PM
well, i knew how it would go, and i called it right on the money

bout 10 cars from a 5mph roll to 100 lol

spinning tires, something in 3rd, blah blah lol

so, i figured i'd give him a shot from a higher roll

went from about 40 to about 130, i'm calling it 3 cars, he's calling it 2 1/2

funny thing is, afterward, he's like i had ya for the first 3 gears lol,

i'm like, i do 125 in 3rd rofl,

Mavowar
08-10-2008, 09:29 PM
HA HA !!!! finally.....I've been back to this site 20 times today just to see the result.....

BeefCake props on the win.....

Maybe in the next year or so I can get my $1995.00 Ford Maverick to race your 60k super car:D

BTW go back and slap my brother Chuck in the head back in Service

At least the kid showed up he gets props for that.....better than the shit talkers you normally see....

04 Venom
08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Good for you Beef; at least the kid showed and gave it his all.

USMCPONY
08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
well, i knew how it would go, and i called it right on the money

bout 10 cars from a 5mph roll to 100 lol

spinning tires, something in 3rd, blah blah lol

so, i figured i'd give him a shot from a higher roll

went from about 40 to about 130, i'm calling it 3 cars, he's calling it 2 1/2

funny thing is, afterward, he's like i had ya for the first 3 gears lol,

i'm like, i do 125 in 3rd rofl,

Tell the whole story Terry. First race was from about 5 mph. We line up and Terry says go. I hit it and get about 1/2 car lead spinning like crazy (Im sure he was spinning too). Shift into second still spinning like crazy and we are right next to each other. Sihift into 3rd and POW the car backfires and boggs down. No power so I accept defeat. Thats the result of a bad tune. I knew it before the race so its my fault for racing. Terry continues the race and claims a 8 to 10 car win. Race two 40 mph roll Terry calls me on the phone and says get next to me and we will go again. I get next to him and he counts to three and says go over the phone. We both punch it and I get a car length maybe two. Shift into third and still in the lead by maybe one car length. Shift into fourth and he passes me at about 110ish and pulls 2 to 2 1/2 lengths around 130ish . Bottom line I lost both races. I wanted a third clean race but he wouldnt give it to me. I know my car is quicker 1st through 3rd but no match after that I will put money on that. His car is in Z06 territory I have to give him a lot of credit for that.

04 Venom
08-10-2008, 11:18 PM
If you have over $25K invested in your Stang, you can pick up a low mileage C6Z for the same or slightly less money. For the performance you are seeking, weight is your biggest enemy.

USMCPONY
08-11-2008, 12:13 AM
If you have over $25K invested in your Stang, you can pick up a low mileage C6Z for the same or slightly less money. For the performance you are seeking, weight is your biggest enemy.

Its gonna be hard to give up my Mustang. I have alot invested in it and if I sold it I would lose to much money. I would have to get at least $40 K out of mine to sell it. I saw an 08 C6 just like Terry's for $45K brand new. In a year or so Z06's will go for $40K and thats when I will decide if I want the Z06 or not. All I need is a long block and I can turn the boost up and get 600 to 650 hp out of it. Tough decision...

plattner01
08-11-2008, 01:14 AM
what does a corvette weight anyway??

USMCPONY
08-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I have been considering a BMR front end weight reduction kit. Reduces the front end by 120 lbs. Not much but it will help, if I do that aerodynamics and a little bit of weight is my only enemy. I think the Z's are priced to high right now and I cant decide if I want the Jet stream blue metallic, sunset orange, or the darth vader black. I think I will stick with the stang for now unless I find a Z for $45K or less.

USMCPONY
08-11-2008, 01:35 AM

I found one forum claiming 3,117 lbs and another with 3,179 lbs with a full tank of gas vs 3,800 lbs for the S197(depending on how many options you have).

beefcake
08-11-2008, 05:34 AM

believe right about 3300 vs around 3650 on a stang

Tell the whole story Terry. First race was from about 5 mph. We line up and Terry says go. I hit it and get about 1/2 car lead spinning like crazy (Im sure he was spinning too). Shift into second still spinning like crazy and we are right next to each other. Sihift into 3rd and POW the car backfires and boggs down. No power so I accept defeat. Thats the result of a bad tune. I knew it before the race so its my fault for racing. Terry continues the race and claims a 8 to 10 car win. Race two 40 mph roll Terry calls me on the phone and says get next to me and we will go again. I get next to him and he counts to three and says go over the phone. We both punch it and I get a car length maybe two. Shift into third and still in the lead by maybe one car length. Shift into fourth and he passes me at about 110ish and pulls 2 to 2 1/2 lengths around 130ish . Bottom line I lost both races. I wanted a third clean race but he wouldnt give it to me. I know my car is quicker 1st through 3rd but no match after that I will put money on that. His car is in Z06 territory I have to give him a lot of credit for that.

if we'd been racing the first race for $10k, i'd be 10k richer

if we'd been racing the 2nd race for $10k, i'd be 20k richer.

your claim of 2 cars initially is kaaarrraaazzeee lol

at the hit of the throttle, about a nose, big deal, lol, it wasn't a race from 40 to 73mph where your nose might jump for a second, it was a race,

2 1/2 cars as you called it is a decent win imo and exactly what i expected

i've done enough racing to know exactly what would happen, i knew you would have trouble hooking up as i've had 2 s/c'd s197's, thats the way it is, the 20's will kill you.

even if you wouldn't have had trouble in 3rd, i was already by 60 like 6 cars out, you had no chance from a roll and i knew it.

i knew it'd be a better race giving you a shot from a roll cause you wouldn't spin so much, you had no trouble in 3rd that time, and 2 1/2 to 3 cars, just as i called it

good race though, it was fun :)

04 Venom
08-11-2008, 09:03 AM

My 07 Z weighed in at 3109 with about a quarter tank of gas.

04 Venom
08-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Its gonna be hard to give up my Mustang. I have alot invested in it and if I sold it I would lose to much money. I would have to get at least $40 K out of mine to sell it. I saw an 08 C6 just like Terry's for $45K brand new. In a year or so Z06's will go for $40K and thats when I will decide if I want the Z06 or not. All I need is a long block and I can turn the boost up and get 600 to 650 hp out of it. Tough decision...

I hear you; its still hard to believe there is a Chevy in my garage with two Fords and no Mustang. My next Stang will be a Fox (probably a notchback) with a crate engine and it WILL be light as possible.

When I had the Terminator, I left the engine stock (except for CAI) and went to work on the suspension. After FLSC, lower chassis brace, strut tower brace, lowering springs and IRS brackets, the handling improved greatly and I was ready to do the engine. At that point, I drove a C6 Z06, the first Vette I had actually driven, and I was dumfounded by the difference 600 lbs. less weight and a lower center of gravity makes on the twisties.

Its not just the Mustangs that have gotten fat, the Charger weighs over 4000 lbs. and the new Camaro weighs over 3700 lbs.-- but at least it has an IRS. I think the high performance cars of the not to distant future will be significantly lighter than what we see today. Adding massive horsepower to a heavy car is one approach, but, as you have found, traction becomes the limiting factor. The other factor you experienced against Beefcake is that the S-197 is as aerodynamic as a brick at speeds above 100mph compared to the Vette.

Drivermod
08-11-2008, 09:23 AM
The Z06 is considerably lighter than a regular Vette so it depends on which one you are talking about.

USMCPONY
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM

if we'd been racing the first race for $10k, i'd be 10k richer

if we'd been racing the 2nd race for $10k, i'd be 20k richer.

your claim of 2 cars initially is kaaarrraaazzeee lol

at the hit of the throttle, about a nose, big deal, lol, it wasn't a race from 40 to 73mph where your nose might jump for a second, it was a race,

2 1/2 cars as you called it is a decent win imo and exactly what i expected

i've done enough racing to know exactly what would happen, i knew you would have trouble hooking up as i've had 2 s/c'd s197's, thats the way it is, the 20's will kill you.

even if you wouldn't have had trouble in 3rd, i was already by 60 like 6 cars out, you had no chance from a roll and i knew it.

i knew it'd be a better race giving you a shot from a roll cause you wouldn't spin so much, you had no trouble in 3rd that time, and 2 1/2 to 3 cars, just as i called it

good race though, it was fun :)

I dont shift into trird until I hit 65 mph and when I shifted in third we was right next to each other. I have no doubt if we would of continued that race by 100-110ish mph you would pull car lengths on me and I knew. As for the two car length jump all I know is you said go we hit it and you seemed to be a little ways behind. By the time I reached fourth your car was pulling harder than mine with and end result of 2-2 1/2 cars. By the way you called at least 5 car length probly 10 lengths on a CLEAN race not 2-2 1/2. Anyway it was all fun for me.

beefcake
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I dont shift into trird until I hit 65 mph and when I shifted in third we was right next to each other. I have no doubt if we would of continued that race by 100-110ish mph you would pull car lengths on me and I knew. As for the two car length jump all I know is you said go we hit it and you seemed to be a little ways behind. W

so what, you want me to concede that you have the fastest car from 40 to 65 lol

i didn't say you got a 2 car jump as you were never 2 cars ahead of me we hit it, we raced, i won, there is nothing else to say, at 1 speed or another, everyone with close to equally powered cars are going to be at a better power band, so , if you pulled a bumper or even a car, doesn't really matter

you got beat by about 3 cars from a roll, from a stop, it was way worse, even if you hadn't went flat in 3rd, by 65 i must have had 4 or 5 cars on ya,

is it because i'm that much faster, no, it's because i was able to get my power to the ground, just as i knew i would be, i go wot in my car daily from a stop and rolls, and i know what she'll do, it's an 11.9 car in 100% stock street trim. your car is not. you do not have the traction to run an 11.9 in stock form, in all honesty, like i said , you'd be hard pressed to run a 12 on those 20's. do you have the power to, without a doubt, your car is an 11 sec car, but at a minimum your gonna need a drag radial if not a full slick

a simple i lost, beef won will suffice

here it is again, even though you should remember it from the 2 times you saw it yesterday

beefcake
08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I hear you; its still hard to believe there is a Chevy in my garage with two Fords and no Mustang. My next Stang will be a Fox (probably a notchback) with a crate engine and it WILL be light as possible.

When I had the Terminator, I left the engine stock (except for CAI) and went to work on the suspension. After FLSC, lower chassis brace, strut tower brace, lowering springs and IRS brackets, the handling improved greatly and I was ready to do the engine. At that point, I drove a C6 Z06, the first Vette I had actually driven, and I was dumfounded by the difference 600 lbs. less weight and a lower center of gravity makes on the twisties.

Its not just the Mustangs that have gotten fat, the Charger weighs over 4000 lbs. and the new Camaro weighs over 3700 lbs.-- but at least it has an IRS. I think the high performance cars of the not to distant future will be significantly lighter than what we see today. Adding massive horsepower to a heavy car is one approach, but, as you have found, traction becomes the limiting factor. The other factor you experienced against Beefcake is that the S-197 is as aerodynamic as a brick at speeds above 100mph compared to the Vette.

i have always been such an anti-irs fan, but the irs in this car is completely different than my 99 and 04,

0 wheel hop, the car just hooks and goes, it amazes how good the traction is in the car

and yes, the s197's are far from aerodynamic, especially when you add big wind catchers to the side windows and an even bigger splitter on the front

Silver Bullet
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I can see it now... Beef will end up selling him a Vette! lol:lol:

USMCPONY
08-11-2008, 01:12 PM
so what, you want me to concede that you have the fastest car from 40 to 65 lol

i didn't say you got a 2 car jump as you were never 2 cars ahead of me we hit it, we raced, i won, there is nothing else to say, at 1 speed or another, everyone with close to equally powered cars are going to be at a better power band, so , if you pulled a bumper or even a car, doesn't really matter

you got beat by about 3 cars from a roll, from a stop, it was way worse, even if you hadn't went flat in 3rd, by 65 i must have had 4 or 5 cars on ya,

is it because i'm that much faster, no, it's because i was able to get my power to the ground, just as i knew i would be, i go wot in my car daily from a stop and rolls, and i know what she'll do, it's an 11.9 car in 100% stock street trim. your car is not. you do not have the traction to run an 11.9 in stock form, in all honesty, like i said , you'd be hard pressed to run a 12 on those 20's. do you have the power to, without a doubt, your car is an 11 sec car, but at a minimum your gonna need a drag radial if not a full slick

a simple i lost, beef won will suffice

here it is again, even though you should remember it from the 2 times you saw it yesterday

Haha your always talking shit thats why I have been giving you so much shit lately. There is no way you had 6 cars on me when I shift in to 3rd. You was right next to me when I shifted (Bumper to bumper I will swear on it). I knew I would have traction isseus but my car still pulls pretty hard even though the tires are spinning. I could only give it half throttle through first and second. I think its time for drag radials. I know my car is faster from 0-110ish, you can argue with that but thats what I think.

USMCPONY
08-11-2008, 01:14 PM

We talked about that over a month ago. Ive always wanted a Z.

beefcake
08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Haha your always talking shit thats why I have been giving you so much shit lately. There is no way you had 6 cars on me when I shift in to 3rd. You was right next to me when I shifted (Bumper to bumper I will swear on it). I knew I would have traction isseus but my car still pulls pretty hard even though the tires are spinning. I could only give it half throttle through first and second. I think its time for drag radials. I know my car is faster from 0-110ish, you can argue with that but thats what I think.

0 to 110, at 100 you were no where to be seen, did you have issues, yes, but that doesn't matter in a race, what matters is the end result, by 100 you were at least 8 if not 12 or 15 cars back

if you had slicks, you might be faster, if my aunt had a cock, she might be my uncle

so what? lol :)

04 Venom
08-11-2008, 01:47 PM

Just as long as Beechmont Ford doesn't become Beechmont Chevrolet. :lol:

USMCPONY
08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
0 to 110, at 100 you were no where to be seen, did you have issues, yes, but that doesn't matter in a race, what matters is the end result, by 100 you were at least 8 if not 12 or 15 cars back

if you had slicks, you might be faster, if my aunt had a cock, she might be my uncle

so what? lol :)

Keep singing the same song. Your alway talking about the first race, why? It wasnt a race, my car has issues and it misfired. Im talking about the second race. We both disagree on the races thats why I wanted a third clean race. A race with no issues and no excuses. If I lost by 15 lengths on a clean race then Im selling the car. But that never happened and it never will. At tops your car is 3 lengths faster from 0-130 in a clean race. Your car is a top end performer and with the power and wieght I have you will always out perform me at top end speeds. In the first race I was slightly ahead of you until misfire. I said it before and I will say it agian. 1st through 3rd (0 -110) Im faster after that Im toast.

04 Venom
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
USMCPONY, here's another alternative. Have Beefcake find you an 02-04 C5Z; add longtubes, CAI and a tune and you are at approximately 430 RWHP pushing 2850-2900 lbs. (with a very modest weight reduction program). I have ridden in Danny Popp's auto-X C5Z configured like that it it flat out hauls. Good C5Zs are going for $24-$29K and your talking about $2.5K for the parts and a dyno tune.

beefcake
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Keep singing the same song. Your alway talking about the first race, why? It wasnt a race, my car has issues and it misfired. Im talking about the second race. We both disagree on the races thats why I wanted a third clean race. A race with no issues and no excuses. If I lost by 15 lengths on a clean race then Im selling the car. But that never happened and it never will. At tops your car is 3 lengths faster from 0-130 in a clean race. Your car is a top end performer and with the power and wieght I have you will always out perform me at top end speeds. In the first race I was slightly ahead of you until misfire. I said it before and I will say it agian. 1st through 3rd (0 -110) Im faster after that Im toast.

now you just sound silly, how many races do i have to win

i will talk about the first race, because it was a race. There are no do overs in racing. Don't forget, i've competed at the national level. When I lose, i don't get to go up to the booth and say, wait, I want a do over because my car misfired. A loss is a loss.

As far as a disagreement on the 2nd race, i'm not sure what the disagreement is. I won by around 2 1/2 to 3 cars. You agree on that and I agree on that. You act like I sprayed a shot a 150 shot of spray at 110 to jump ahead by 3 lengths to 125 lol. it's not realistic.

You are not quicker (faster relates to speed, not e.t.) from 0 to 110. We raced from 0 and you were no where near me at 100. You must concede that, whatever happened with your car, you weren't there. As far as being ahead, how can you be ahead when you lit the tires up instantly? your spinning, i'm moving?

As for the 2nd race. You lost there, you at no time put 2 cars on my car, thats not realistic. your basically saying my car is fast enough to put 5 cars on you from 110 to 125 if you were 2 cars ahead.

If you want to be the fastest from 40 to 58 or 63, i'll let you have that if it will make you happy. So, next time you want to race someone, tell them that your going to race from 40 to 63 because thats your good powerband lol.

Is it so hard to simply say. We raced. I lost. And not make excuses. Had I lost, i'd have sucked it up. You win some, you lose some. In this case you lost both. What would have a 3rd race done. If we'd have went from 0, you'd have spun again. If we'd went from 40, you'd have lost by 3 again, maybe more if you shift bad.

USMCPONY
08-12-2008, 01:09 AM
now you just sound silly, how many races do i have to win

i will talk about the first race, because it was a race. There are no do overs in racing. Don't forget, i've competed at the national level. When I lose, i don't get to go up to the booth and say, wait, I want a do over because my car misfired. A loss is a loss.

As far as a disagreement on the 2nd race, i'm not sure what the disagreement is. I won by around 2 1/2 to 3 cars. You agree on that and I agree on that. You act like I sprayed a shot a 150 shot of spray at 110 to jump ahead by 3 lengths to 125 lol. it's not realistic.

You are not quicker (faster relates to speed, not e.t.) from 0 to 110. We raced from 0 and you were no where near me at 100. You must concede that, whatever happened with your car, you weren't there. As far as being ahead, how can you be ahead when you lit the tires up instantly? your spinning, i'm moving?

As for the 2nd race. You lost there, you at no time put 2 cars on my car, thats not realistic. your basically saying my car is fast enough to put 5 cars on you from 110 to 125 if you were 2 cars ahead.

If you want to be the fastest from 40 to 58 or 63, i'll let you have that if it will make you happy. So, next time you want to race someone, tell them that your going to race from 40 to 63 because thats your good powerband lol.

Is it so hard to simply say. We raced. I lost. And not make excuses. Had I lost, i'd have sucked it up. You win some, you lose some. In this case you lost both. What would have a 3rd race done. If we'd have went from 0, you'd have spun again. If we'd went from 40, you'd have lost by 3 again, maybe more if you shift bad.

Well we can agree to disagree cause you think this is a national event. It was all for fun for me and nothing else. Reread my details of the race and you will see that I admitted I lost BOTH races.

beefcake
08-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Well we can agree to disagree cause you think this is a national event. It was all for fun for me and nothing else. Reread my details of the race and you will see that I admitted I lost BOTH races.

then were good

USMCPONY
08-12-2008, 02:42 PM
then were good

Your car is still slow! I was following you to make sure you didnt break down.

beefcake
08-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Your car is very fast! I was following you to make sure my girl didn't go with you after whipping my butt.

It's all good, no need to worry :)

bobtsgt
08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
oh hell just do a 0-200MPH race and get it over with :D

beefcake
02-17-2009, 11:08 PM

i was thinkin tonight, i should give you a chance to redeem yourself,

how bought we line up again, this time i'll bring the 300, it's about 80 less rwhp and 200 lbs heavier, i still think i can run ya on the street though

USMCPONY
02-17-2009, 11:17 PM
i was thinkin tonight, i should give you a chance to redeem yourself,

how bought we line up again, this time i'll bring the 300, it's about 80 less rwhp and 200 lbs heavier, i still think i can run ya on the street though

That works for me cupcake lol

Foxxx5oh
02-18-2009, 12:08 AM
aw shit....lol...sean...what have you gotten yourself into? lol

USMCPONY
02-18-2009, 01:54 AM
aw shit....lol...sean...what have you gotten yourself into? lol

Nothing much, its just Cupcake lol. This will be an easy win. The Corvette is a different story.

YouGotJunk
02-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Nothing much, its just Cupcake lol. This will be an easy win. The Corvette is a different story.

LOL it's just as easy...Don't let his fake numbers fool ya!! :lol:

beefcake
02-18-2009, 08:03 AM
LOL it's just as easy...Don't let his fake numbers fool ya!! :lol:

oh look, it's fake car boy lol,

YouGotJunk
02-18-2009, 08:39 AM
oh look, it's fake car boy lol,

WOW EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Look in my sig to see my big numbers. Don't ask me about what kind of ET's it runs...cause i've yet to put a respectable number down for the amount of power I estimate it making. Don't all cars with 750hp run in the high 11's ???? :confused:

beefcake
02-18-2009, 09:27 AM
WOW EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Look in my sig to see my big numbers. Don't ask me about what kind of ET's it runs...cause i've yet to put a respectable number down for the amount of power I estimate it making. Don't all cars with 750hp run in the high 11's ???? :confused:

lmao, you kill me,

last year i ran 11.9's, if you take time to read the post, you'll see that i put the s/c on after that and just got it dyno tuned about 3 or 4 weeks ago, now, i know i have to explain everything in an elementary tone for you

tracks are not open yet, so, obviously i cannot get an official e.t. for the new year, so for now, all i have is my hp, so i put it in my sig, i had e.t.s in my sig last year, but since there will be new e.t.s' i have omitted that,

i would be happy to update my sigpic for ya to say "new e.t.'s coming"

it would certainly still be better than posting pictures of somebody elses car in my sig lol

thats a gay, ricey, poser move my friend

YouGotJunk
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
lmao, you kill me,

last year i ran 11.9's, if you take time to read the post, you'll see that i put the s/c on after that and just got it dyno tuned about 3 or 4 weeks ago, now, i know i have to explain everything in an elementary tone for you

tracks are not open yet, so, obviously i cannot get an official e.t. for the new year, so for now, all i have is my hp, so i put it in my sig, i had e.t.s in my sig last year, but since there will be new e.t.s' i have omitted that,

i would be happy to update my sigpic for ya to say "new e.t.'s coming"

it would certainly still be better than posting pictures of somebody elses car in my sig lol

thats a gay, ricey, poser move my friend

It dont really matter what I post because you'll pull out some BITCH MOVES and change what my posts say anyways. Posting estimated HP and TQ numbers is pretty gay if you ask me, but I guess that probably fits you about perfect anyways. :flipoff:

beefcake
02-18-2009, 07:18 PM
It dont really matter what I post because you'll pull out some BITCH MOVES and change what my posts say anyways. Posting estimated HP and TQ numbers is pretty gay if you ask me, but I guess that probably fits you about perfect anyways. :flipoff:

posting calculated crank hp #'s based off actual dyno #'s > poser pictures of someone elses car

YouGotJunk
02-18-2009, 07:22 PM
posting calculated crank hp #'s based off actual dyno #'s > poser pictures of someone elses car

Being a bitch and editing my posts < Being a man and being able to handle a little argueing and smack talk!

beefcake
02-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Being a bitch and editing my posts < Being a man and being able to handle a little argueing and smack talk!

haha, one lil post and your whining like a lil bitch lol hahahahahaha

YouGotJunk
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Your the bitch that had to change it! I just wanted everyone to know how much of a baby you are and had to edit it.

beefcake
02-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Your the bitch that had to change it! I just wanted everyone to know how much of a baby you are and had to edit it.

ya mean like the part where it says edited by beefcake

duh, your sooooo smart :dummy:

mustang112
02-18-2009, 09:23 PM

YouGotJunk
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
ya mean like the part where it says edited by beefcake

duh, your sooooo smart :dummy:

At the end of the day atleast i'm not a bitch, that's all that matters!

beefcake
02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
At the end of the day atleast i'm not a bitch, that's all that matters!

your one of the biggest bitches on this board lol

YouGotJunk
02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
WOW! Good come back..........Bitch!

beefcake
02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
WOW! Good come back..........Bitch!

they sure grow em stupid up north

YouGotJunk
02-19-2009, 09:13 PM
If that's the case, I'm sure they miss you up at the North Pole.