PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start with the key/no power windows/no fuel pump

89notch
07-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Here is the deal I'm trying to get my Vert on the road and for some reason I cant start the car with the key. When you go to start it you can hear a relay kick under the dash but the power never makes it to the solenoid. Second thing the front power windows don't work but the rear power windows do. Last is the fuel pump the ignition on wire to the relay is not getting any power to the relay to kick the fuel pump on. It has a constant power but no ignition on. I would think all of these would be related to something like a fusible link or something. If anyone has the schematic for this car and can tell me what fusible link to be checking that would be great. Any help is appreciated thanks Kelly

aperacer
07-30-2008, 09:57 AM
how about the ign. switch its self? what year is the vert. i can get on all-data...

347sc
07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Sent you something.

denial
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
my 88 did that to once and while. I found it to be right under the steering coluum and it was some sort of plug for the ignition. When u turn the key over, it has copper contacts that touch together to start the car. U cant miss it, it's right under the steering coluum, and it's a white square plug of some sort.

89notch
07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
my 88 did that to once and while. I found it to be right under the steering coluum and it was some sort of plug for the ignition. When u turn the key over, it has copper contacts that touch together to start the car. U cant miss it, it's right under the steering coluum, and it's a white square plug of some sort.

Did your power windows and fuel pump also quit working?

denial
07-30-2008, 12:31 PM
i didnt have power on hardly anything at all. The car wouldn't even turn over at all. It seemed as though nothing worked. I dont remember if i tried the windows..i can swing by and show u where it is if u dont know. Im in Carlisle

89notch
07-30-2008, 12:32 PM
i didnt have power on hardly anything at all. The car wouldn't even turn over at all. It seemed as though nothing worked. I dont remember if i tried the windows..i can swing by and show u where it is if u dont know. Im in Carlisle

I know what it is I will switch it out this weekend and see if it fixes it.

denial
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
just call me if u need a hand..im here till 4. 937-478-3617 mike hall

denial
07-30-2008, 01:00 PM
u can push on it while trying to start it at the same time. Even tape it up there for now until it gets running. Took me forever to figure that out lol.

347sc
07-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Thats the ignition switch.

denial
07-30-2008, 01:37 PM
YA I KNOW BO, I'M DUMB LOL