PDA

View Full Version : speed density tuning

evil666stang
08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
wanted to know what anyone thought about a good tuner for a speed density car? or should i just convert to mass air? its just a mild 306. has f-cam, dart heads, perf. rpm upper and lower, with some flat top forged pistons. nothing to crazy just a motor to get through the rest of the season. i live in the columbus area, let me know what you think... thanks

evil666stang
08-08-2008, 12:25 AM
any thoughts?

347sc
08-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Just convert it over and save time and money.

Jeff88coupe
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Yep...it's not that hard to convert. I did it on my '88 coupe. Just have to get a mass air meter that matches your injectors/ mass air computer (a9l/a9p/a9m)/ mass air conversion wire harness (i think i got mine from pro-m).

mustangjon
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
im personally staying with speed density, but with that Fcam in there i dont think there is any tuning able to be done, and besides trying a moates chip and messing with the binary coding, as far as i have found noone can tune SD, mike at MD told me as far as he knows there is no software out there now, I have heard if you can get your hands on old, old crane interceptor setups they would work, but not reliable.

Timido
08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I had a tough time finding a crane intercepter even several years ago. I had a custom chip from Mike Wessley long ago and that helped with the problems I had of fouling plugs driving around the pits. I had 24lb injectors and a few intentional Vaccum leaks. I think once you change the cam from stock you will be better off with Mass Air.