PDA

View Full Version : fox wheel hop

87stanger
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
GOT UPPER & LOWER CONTROL ARMS and lakewood drag shocks and horable wheel hop. have had just lakewood lower control arms and had bad wheel hop. Now i put mac upper and lower arms and still have bad hop any ideas??? Oh Im missing the quad shocks should I find a set. could that be my problem???

mustangboy
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
The bushing in the housing for the upper control arms could be shot or your torque boxes could be in bad shape.

87stanger
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
wow kenny your stang lookin sik! yea my torque boxes are killt what can I do for them, anything?

mustangboy
08-05-2008, 10:54 AM
You can look to have them repaired. I've never done it so I'm not sure exactly what is involved but I believe Wild Rides has a set up as well as other companies. Thanks for the compliment, it is slowly progressing. It is off having some alterations done as we speak so I should have some updates here soon. Good luck with yours.

evildriver
09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
My car has granatelli adjustable uppers and lakewood lowers and I have no wheel hop. I don't know what angle the previous owner set them at though. And I haven't ran at the track yet either so i don't know what it would do there.

Rick93coupe
09-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Try another set of shocks, if you have aftermarket upper and lowers my next bet would be the shocks. Like mustangboy said, it could be the bushings in the rearend itself, but I've never had a set go bad.

ibstrokin
09-02-2008, 12:39 AM
If the torque boxes are screwed, I'd repair those first, it will need to be done anyway.