PDA

View Full Version : Huge thanks to Mike Field!

RIXXX93GT
08-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I had some trouble with my car missing and running strangely before heading down to the race today. Made it thru two time runs and all was fine. On the last time run when I hit third gear it had a huge miss and was running terrible all the way back to the pits. A/F all over the place, pulled plugs and they wers some of the funkiest looking plugs I had ever seen, very inconsistent, cleaned and re gapped em. Long story short after my first elimination round the car didnt want to start in the pits, a light went off in everyones eyes and I asked if anyone had a battery charger. Know one around us had one so before I can go around looking for one Mike tells me I can have his battery out of his car. Before I know it he has his hatch up and is pulling his battery out. Under normal circumstances this would be a generous offer but we are both very close in points for the year and through shear luck I was the one that put him out in the first round. That shows you what kind of guy Mike is and why he will get my vote for sportsman of the year. Thanks bud! If your ever racing you couldn't pick a better pit neighbor than this guy.

Silver Bullet
08-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Agreed, way to be guys!

MFIELD
08-10-2008, 11:13 AM
No problem guy, glad I could help and hopefully thats all the problem was.

69Cobra
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
THAT'S what UMTR is all about. Thanks Mike

MADMOD
08-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Mike is the Man! Always helps us KY boys when he can:bigthumb