PDA

View Full Version : ATT: Wicked Women!!!!!!!!!

69Cobra
08-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Alright Ladies,
Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Nick Skaats for coming up with this idea. They wanted to see if it would be possible to get a stick shift women’s class going. We have a thread on the UMTR forum that Tina started to see what the interest level is. I know there are a few that compete anyways so how would you feel if we make a separate class for you? Please give any feed back to us on the UMTR board so we can keep it all together. If you are not registered over there go ahead and do so and I'll get everybody approved asap. You will NOT get an email saying you are approved just give me a day or so and check back with your username and password. We are thinking about trying this on the Sep 13 E2O race.

Thanks

Kris

69Cobra
08-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I guess I should make myself a little clearer. This is open to any and all women not just the Wicked Women's group. So if any of your all wives want to come out and bangs some gears with the ladies this is the time and place.

ponymom05
08-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Wicked Women tried a track day earlier this year and almost no one showed. Most of the women's cars aren't done yet, etc. and WW racing just hasn't panned out. Good luck on this but I expect most of your women won't be the wicked ones!

cobra_SVT_Girl
08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
I think this is a great idea! I'll do my best to spread the word. Actually, our WW group is slowly and steadily climbing in membership and participants. I'm excited about the WW group and hopefully a little persistence will keep the momentum going. :bigthumb Sometimes it's a little difficult getting everyone together but I haven't lost hope for our group! I don't give up that easy ;).

I'll head over and provide my feedback ASAP and thanks for this post! Also thanks to Nick and Jana! Way to look out for us! Anything that is empowering the ladies to get out there and race (WW or no) is definitely a step in the right direction.

69Cobra
08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks

Maximus
08-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Wicked Women tried a track day earlier this year and almost no one showed. Because most of the women's cars weren't done and WW racing just hasn't panned out yet.
Regardless, good luck with this!:bigthumb

There, I fixed it for you.:rolleyes:

ponymom05
08-11-2008, 11:29 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

jls94z
08-11-2008, 12:36 PM
I signed up over on the UMTR forum.. I think it's a great idea. I'm usually at Edge for T & T nights, but Craig and Nick have been on me about running in the UMTR. I think running with a class of all girls would be much less intimidating. I was there this past Saturday and I want to do it, but i'll admit i'm too intimidated. I think having a girls class would be a great way to get more girls racing.

I have done brackets once and that was at Thornhill last summer during the Powderpuff race and I had a blast.

quik lx
08-11-2008, 01:32 PM
I think running with a class of all girls would be much less intimidating. I was there this past Saturday and I want to do it, but i'll admit i'm too intimidated.

The guys arent intimidating...they just hate to lose to a girl...Maggy does it all the time, It makes it more fun for her to lay the smack down on a dude for some reason.:rolleyes:

I know of more than one 10 sec car who put "himself" out trying to chase her down, just to redlight and then be a DICK when she tried to say good race...or cut her off at the end of the track. I say stay with the boys and pick em off one by one...that is until my turd runs again!!!!:flipoff::flipoff:

nskaats
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I presented this idea to Kris after hearing from a handful of women that they would like to run but they're intimidated to run with the more experienced guys. After seeing the turnout at the Powder Puff races at Thorn Hill I think we could draw some fresh cars and faces into the WW group and the UMTR. It's a good opportunity to promote both organizations as well as getting more of our wives/girlfriends/daughters/friends involved in racing.

If you know of any ladies that might be interested, pass the word along and have them post up here or contact Kris or Dave. A lot of ladies out there have stick cars; this is a good oppotunity to try out brackets with other stick cars so they're not at a disadvantage and they get to run with other women....which is friggin HOT!

Who doesn't want to see their wife/girlfriend bangin gears down the track?

PonymanfiveO
08-11-2008, 10:21 PM
You guys need to help me get Jen in the grey car.

69Cobra
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Tell her to put her purse down and get it!

Her GT
08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I like running with the guys, don't really want to run with all girls no offense to anyone. I guess I look at a little different then most. I like being one of the WW and I like meeting all the ladies that race but I LOVE beating a guy. Now it may not happen often but I have fun trying.

Plus I thought we were trying to show that we are just as good as the men, but by separating us aren't we doing the opposite?

nskaats
08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Plus I thought we were trying to show that we are just as good as the men, but by separating us aren't we doing the opposite?

That response is what I was counting on hearing from a few. I know we have some ladies that are intimidated, but we also have a handful that like to show the boys how it's done.

I'm looking for ideas from everyone that could help encourage more of the ladies to get involved in both the UMTR and the WW group. It doesn't make sense to me for the ladies to sit on the sidelines when they love driving these cars as much as we do.

Maybe we can get the sponsors to throw in a couple extra perks for one of the ladies that takes a victory...???

Maximus
08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I like running with the guys, don't really want to run with all girls no offense to anyone. I guess I look at a little different then most. I like being one of the WW and I like meeting all the ladies that race but I LOVE beating a guy. Now it may not happen often but I have fun trying.

Well said.:bigthumb

cobra_SVT_Girl
08-12-2008, 08:39 PM

LMAO...you should ask Brandon, when he first told me about this I said almost verbatem what you just said.
Then after thinking about it for a while, I can see both sides. I can see where some girls would feel better racing in an all girls class and after doing some research online....it does appear that women's classes (like the Powderpuff) do have pretty decent turnouts.

Honestly though...I don't know if there would be enough cars for an all girls class?? Regardless...whatever we can do to get more girls out there racing..I'm all for it.... :bigthumb