PDA

View Full Version : Will it never end?!?!

Waffles
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Mothers, you may want to cover your children's ears because I'm PISSED OFF!!!:mad::mad::mad: Moderators feel free to clean it up if you wish.

Some of you may have followed my thread about Fighing a ticket (http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44272&highlight=grant). My license was then suspended, unbeknownst to me, by Bath County, KY because if a clerical error.

So I fight the case in Grant County and beat it. I pled guilty to No Ops in Possession and paid a small fine.

So, I'm going through the mail that my g/f brought in today and there's a letter from the Transportation Cabinet. THE MOTHER FUCKING PEICES OF LOWLIFE SHIT SUSPENDED MY LICENSE AGAIN!!! FUCK THEM!!! Evidently some fucking retard entered the conviction wrong. I pled to No Ops in Posession and they entered Driving While Suspended, which is an automatic 6 months suspension. Incompetent hillbilly dumbfuckers can't get ANYTHING right. Now they don't know how they'll ever fix it and even if they can I'll still have to spend the 60 fucking dollars to get a new license. Worthless.... every fucking one of them.

mustangjon
08-11-2008, 08:35 PM
thats sucks man :eek:

Holly
08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
That blows! You have some bad luck Chris. :(

Waffles
08-11-2008, 08:41 PM
You ain't shittin. I swear every one of these fuckers needs to be fired. What amazes me is that this is the same government that can't get this simple shit right, that people want to put in charge of their healthcare! I'm going down there tomorrow... anyone wanna volunteer to bail me out?

mustangjon
08-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i'm working till the project revolution concert on friday.. i'll bail ya out then :lol:

YouGotJunk
08-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Maybe, if you wouldn't have broken the law in the first place, you wouldn't be in this situation. I think i've heard you say that line before eh? lol! Hopefully, you can get all of it sorted out. Goodluck!

Waffles
08-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Read my initial thread. I didn't break the law. This ALL stems from a ticket from 2001 where I was driving a friends car and was stopped on a routine check. He didn't have proof of insurance in the car when I was stopped. I thought the matter was straightened out but in 2003 I was stopped because my license was suppended over that situation. I went back to court, they dismissed the case like they should have done in the first place and I got my license back. Then the clerk lost the ticket from the 2003 stop. Then it resurfaced in late 2006/early 2007 where I was arrested and jailed for a warrant on that ticket. They reduced the charge to No Ops in Possession and I paid the fine. The clerk AGAIN filed the fine wrong and my license was suspended again. You'll have to go back and read the thread in the OP to find the story about why I was stopped this time. You'll see why I'm so frusterated. They must recruit courthouse employees straight out of the special olympics or something.

jlt2006
08-12-2008, 07:03 AM
So I guess all them kids from the SPECIAL OLYMPICS are stupid dumb asses not deserving any respect?????

DeckerEnt
08-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Hire a lawyer and get it all straightened out once and for all. If anything happens later, the lawyer will take care of it with a phone call.
Keith

Waffles
08-12-2008, 08:57 AM
So I guess all them kids from the SPECIAL OLYMPICS are stupid dumb asses not deserving any respect?????

Of course that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, that the stupid dumbasses from the Grant County courthouses that don't deserve any respect could qualify for the Special Olympics. Eh whatever, it's a rant and not supposed to be politically correct. :flipoff: lol

NXcoupe
08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that again Chris! I agree, a lawyer would be the way to go. They have a lot more pull than your average joe.

02mingryGT
08-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Hire a lawyer and get it all straightened out once and for all. If anything happens later, the lawyer will take care of it with a phone call.
Keith

+2 I was thinking the same thing.

Waffles
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Well... I made a lot of phone calls this morning. All of them including the phrase, "I'm just gathering information for my lawsuit." They had my license taken care of by 11:00am. I just called the Transportation Cabinet and verified that my license is in force requiring no further fees etc. I also got a letter from the clerks office just in case something turns up later. Turns out the clerk down there is actually pretty cool and got it taken care of. Turns out it's only the minions that are retarded.

untamed
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Keith

Yeh I was thinking the same thing. It sucks to have to pay a lawyer but in the long run it will be worth it. Good luck with this seemingly never ending bullshit.

Lt. Dangle
08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I'm having some licensing problems right now as well, I was driving my buddys car that IS insured, and got pulled over for 80 in a 60, showed the cop the insurance card for that car, and now they're trying to suspend my license for 3 months, for what you may ask? Driving without insurance...what the hell, it's not my damn car to have insurance on, and it was insured regardless. What. The. Fuck. Oh, and they are going to "appeal" for a 3 year suspension, due to the volume of traffic stops that I've had...I think. Fucking retarded.

bestracing
08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Well... I made a lot of phone calls this morning. All of them including the phrase, "I'm just gathering information for my lawsuit." They had my license taken care of by 11:00am. I just called the Transportation Cabinet and verified that my license is in force requiring no further fees etc. I also got a letter from the clerks office just in case something turns up later. Turns out the clerk down there is actually pretty cool and got it taken care of. Turns out it's only the minions that are retarded.

What do you expect from Grant County.....They have banjo music playing over the PA system :lol:

Holly
08-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Yeah, those lawyers are good for something. ;) One of the greatest perks of my job.

02mingryGT
08-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I'm having some licensing problems right now as well, I was driving my buddys car that IS insured, and got pulled over for 80 in a 60, showed the cop the insurance card for that car, and now they're trying to suspend my license for 3 months, for what you may ask? Driving without insurance...what the hell, it's not my damn car to have insurance on, and it was insured regardless. What. The. Fuck. Oh, and they are going to "appeal" for a 3 year suspension, due to the volume of traffic stops that I've had...I think. Fucking retarded.

Unless you have actual insurance in YOUR name you are screwed.

mustangjon
08-21-2008, 03:49 PM
before i got the lincoln i had my truck repoed, so had nothing to insure.. i called my insurance co. because i was going to borrow dads extra truck which he had insured and they told me we couldnt double insure it.. as long as i was driving that truck i was fine. /shrug so i drove without "my own" insurance for like a month... and im 27 so not like i fit under living at home with family thing.

pegasus
08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
well on the bright side there mostly winter driving months......

IWRBB
08-21-2008, 04:43 PM

Damn. What PD was that?

What exactly are the rules for what you have to show them?
I drive a car nearly every day that the insurance isn't in my name. I'm on the policy though, so the insurance company knows I'm driving it. The car is a third car my parents don't want to keep in their driveway, and it's a 4 banger, so I drive it to work and back. They own it and insure it though.
What about if I loan my friend my truck for the day?
How about if I let them drive the Cobra with me in it?

mustangjon
08-21-2008, 04:51 PM
my old insurance company quit giving wallet cards... only had the vehicle insurance.. from what i understood with dads truck... (i live in ky) but prolly same, the vehicle is what is insured, so as long as its insured and your legal to drive you are good. but who knows you buckeyes have some goofy laws and shit anyhow :lol:

ADaughen
08-21-2008, 05:14 PM
my old insurance company quit giving wallet cards... only had the vehicle insurance.. from what i understood with dads truck... (i live in ky) but prolly same, the vehicle is what is insured, so as long as its insured and your legal to drive you are good. but who knows you buckeyes have some goofy laws and shit anyhow :lol:

IIRC, in Ohio it is the car that is insured, not the driver. It is up to the owner/insuree that the driver will not f* the car up or do something stupid that will cost the insurance company money.

e5shea
08-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Not true. Your policy may cover you in other vehicles. If you don't have a vehicle, you don't need insurance, the owner of the vehicle needs it.

You don't get auto insurance unless you're insuring an auto.

Lt. Dangle
08-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Not true. Your policy may cover you in other vehicles. If you don't have a vehicle, you don't need insurance, the owner of the vehicle needs it.

yeah, basically I had a couple cars, but none with insurance, also none that I was driving...So my buddy let me drie on the way to work one morning and BOOM, I get pulled over...fuck it, I'm sending my insurance info to them tomorrow.

e5shea
08-21-2008, 11:35 PM
yeah, basically I had a couple cars, but none with insurance, also none that I was driving...So my buddy let me drie on the way to work one morning and BOOM, I get pulled over...fuck it, I'm sending my insurance info to them tomorrow.

The responsibility to show insurance is on the person who owns the car, not the person driving it....unless of course it was being used without the owners knowledge.

I've been a licensed agent for years, and this just sounds fishy to me.

Lt. Dangle
08-21-2008, 11:47 PM
The responsibility to show insurance is on the person who owns the car, not the person driving it....unless of course it was being used without the owners knowledge.

The owner was in the car WITH ME...lol We got pulled over, and the officer thought we had afictitious tag, but it was legit, like we told him in the first place...and now they're trying to knock me for driving without insurance.

ADaughen
08-22-2008, 12:03 AM

That's what I thought.

My insurance card has the VIN for the car and expiration date on it.

Next time just say "Hey f*tard, look at the name on the insurance, look at the name on the plates, now STFU and give me my ticket." :eek::lol:

Lt. Dangle
08-22-2008, 12:12 AM
That's what I thought.

My insurance card has the VIN for the car and expiration date on it.

Next time just say "Hey f*tard, look at the name on the insurance, look at the name on the plates, now STFU and give me my ticket." :eek::lol:

yeah, that's another thing, they're suspending HIS plate, which isn't MY responsibility...lol...I'm going to fight it, and win.

Mista Bone
08-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Your required to have insurance on the car your driving, even if your not the owner

4509.101 Operating of motor vehicle without proof of financial responsibility.
(A)(1) No person shall operate, or permit the operation of, a motor vehicle in this state, unless proof of financial responsibility is maintained continuously throughout the registration period with respect to that vehicle, or, in the case of a driver who is not the owner, with respect to that driver’s operation of that vehicle.

ADaughen
08-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Your required to have insurance on the car your driving, even if your not the owner

4509.101 Operating of motor vehicle without proof of financial responsibility.
(A)(1) No person shall operate, or permit the operation of, a motor vehicle in this state, unless proof of financial responsibility is maintained continuously throughout the registration period with respect to that vehicle, or, in the case of a driver who is not the owner, with respect to that driver’s operation of that vehicle.

In this instance:
-Proof of insurance was maintained for the vehicle, by the owner.
-The owner permitted the operation of that vehicle, by another person.

You can not double up on insurance on a vehicle.

If I needed a friend to drive my project car from my garage to a paint shop, I would need to ensure it is properly registered and insured.

In Ohio, the driver is NOT insured; the car is.

02mingryGT
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM

Well I don't thinks so but in this case I hope it all works out. Good luck Lt. :bigthumb

Waffles
08-23-2008, 01:19 AM

That can't be true. You can't insure a car you don't own. So you can't ever drive a car that doesn't belong to you?

I know in KY, if you get a ticket for not having insurance they can't charge you if it's not your car. EVEN IF IT REALLY HAD NO INSURANCE. All you have to do is tell the prosecutor or judge it wasn't your car and they'll dismiss it.

**please disregard lol... someone else already said it :P

Mista Bone
08-23-2008, 05:53 AM
So if I'm a perfect driver, let someone who has a SR-22 HIGH RISK filing drive my car, and is pulled over, is the DRIVER covered on the car he doesn't own?

Nope. Owner is at fault for allwoing it to happen, owner gets his plates pulled. HOPEFULLY not dropped by insurance company.

Wait, isn't that happening here?

It is NOT a fun mess and the reason few people since then have driven my cars.

in 15 years just three people other than me have driven a car I own.

Mom (liked to "steal" my Trans Am)
Ryan Phillips, a MIA SBZ person
EXwife, she got the car home after the accident since I wasn't allowed to drive.

SR-22 filed person driving MY car was in a accident, not his fault, but insurance denied claims, I had to fight, ended up paying the doctors bills thru my health insurance. Car was fully insured, but claim denied but to the driver.

My car was rearended sittnig still trying to make a turn when it was PUNTED!

Waffles
08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
So if I'm a perfect driver, let someone who has a SR-22 HIGH RISK filing drive my car, and is pulled over, is the DRIVER covered on the car he doesn't own?

Nope. Owner is at fault for allwoing it to happen, owner gets his plates pulled. HOPEFULLY not dropped by insurance company.

As I understand it, yes... they would be insured. I think a driver must be specifically excluded in the policy in order for the insurance company not to cover it. Situations where that might happen is if you live in the same house as someone with a bad driving record. The insurance company could require that person to be specifically excluded on the policy.

One thing I know absolutely for sure, at least in KY, is that the person who OWNS the car is responsible to carry insurance, not the driver. Here's an example:

My sister was in an accident. Turned out, the insurance company made a mistake in billing and the truck was not insured at the time of the accident. My father paid out the damages from his own pocket. The guy tried to use the factor of having no insurance to get some extra money, and my father refused. The guy filed a report, and my father was mailed a citation for having no insurance on the truck. I went to court with him. He simply told the judge it wasn't in his name, that it was in his wife's name. The judge nearly scolded the prosecuter and said, "You can't cite this man if he doesn't own the truck, you have to charge the owner."

Fairly definitive I think.

Mista Bone
08-24-2008, 12:22 AM
KY no fault vs. Ohio, we'll leave it at that.

Read the Ohio code I posted, I had to deal with it. I didn't get a lawyer, but got out of it. Lucky I had a decent judge and asked him to read the code as it's not CLEAR.

He asked me about my last name and an uncle, Yes, I answered. Case was dimissed as there was no intentions of wrong doing.

Mista Bone
08-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Also, I love digging up old posts I made 6 years ago about my family history.

response to me......."My grand mother (Martha Agnes Tague) is your grandfather's(Charles Francis Tague) sister. You are right in believing that you're related to Jerry McGee. His mother is Verna Margurite Tague, who is your grandfather's sister."

Jerry McGee, PGA golfer, wonder what his son Mike is doing now, he's about my age and attended my fathers funeral.......HOT DAMN!!!!!!!

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1656535,00.html

It will be the second marriage for the 36-year-old Swede, who filed for divorce from David Esch in February 2005. She began seeing McGee, a former sports agent and son of golfer Jerry McGee, later that summer. McGee now works as managing director of the "Annika" business brand, which includes clothing, golf course design and a golf academy.

PS, I don't care for golf :)

02mingryGT
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
That can't be true. You can't insure a car you don't own. So you can't ever drive a car that doesn't belong to you?

I know in KY, if you get a ticket for not having insurance they can't charge you if it's not your car. EVEN IF IT REALLY HAD NO INSURANCE. All you have to do is tell the prosecutor or judge it wasn't your car and they'll dismiss it.

**please disregard lol... someone else already said it :P

No you have to have insurance period. I can drive anything but that's because my insurance covers it.

They don't do that in Ohio in regards to what your saying about Ky. I've sat in a courtroom when the person says it wasn't his car blah blah blah and the judge responds with it doesn't matter where is your insurance. Look when you get your drivers license here in Ohio you have to sign that form saying you have insurance, it doesn't specify what car. Like I said hope it works out.